Reloading CDP Files

pitmilly

Will some kind soul please (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) point me in the right direction.

Have just had the sanity destroying experience of having a 485 Gb SSD "D" Drive Fail - TOTALLY!

Result - last two months work on 3 routes lost - the only minor consolation - I had two of these routes backed up on CDP files, albeit that the last back-up for both was in June. Don't I look a total idiot.

I now have two 485Gb SSD's on "D" drive - the first doing automatic back-ups on the second and have completely reloaded TRS19 and transferred the local data files across from C to D drive.

Have also reloaded the two route CDP's - BUT - they are both showing as "Faulty Dependencies". On further investigation the only "unknown asset" is in fact the Kuid number which identifies me and the route file numbers i.e. 524304:100059 and 524304:100065. If possible, can somebody please advise the way to unlock the files so they will load.

Regards

Pitmilly

Have also reloaded the two route CDP's - BUT - they are both showing as "Faulty Dependencies". On further investigation the only "unknown asset" is in fact the Kuid number which identifies me and the route file numbers i.e. 524304:100059 and 524304:100065. If possible, can somebody please advise the way to unlock the files so they will load.
Faulty dependencies will not stop the route from loading, so there is likely something else going on.
It seems that you saying that asset '<kuid:524304:100059> Route XYZ' shows in Content Manager as status 'Faulty Dependencies', and when you select 'List Dependencies' for that asset you get a list of dependencies that includes '<kuid:524304:100059> Route XYZ' which is listed as '<unknown asset>'. However, an asset cannot be listed as both faulty dependencies and unknown - it must be one or the other.

Are you quite sure that you are looking at routes and not sessions? A session will refer to a route, and if that route can't be found then the session will be shown as missing a dependency. The fix is to open the session and edit its route tag to match the KUID of the route that it belongs to. But note that the two might not be compatible and the session might not work.

Dan

Thank you for observations. Apologies, I misled you.

On closer examination, Kuid:524304:100060 (the downloaded CDP) as showing in Content Manager is listed as "Modified, Missing Dependencies". Right click to bring up "List Dependencies" and I'm getting - "unknown asset - Kuid:524304:100059" - in fact the preceding number in the series.

Similarly for the second route, the file Kuid is :100066 but the unknown asset here is Kuid :100065.

It's now evident that both these CDP "back-ups" were in fact the sessions and not routes. Both 100060 and 100066 appear as "Sessions" on the TRS 19 opening screens but neither will load, so am at a loss as to matching up the kuids for each route as you have suggested.

Am searching my surviving records in C, E and an external Seagate unit but have you any other suggestion.

Many thanks.

John Webster
aka Pitmilly

Back