Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Obscure fan sites

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by slenderman8888 View Post
    Try this old wayback version of American trainz group. Its got some extra rolling stock on the downloads area that were unfortunately removed.
    https://web.archive.org/web/*/amtraktrainz.com
    I will thanks!
    How Tomorrow Moves

United States of America, Michigan, Ann Arbor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by slenderman8888 View Post
    Try this old wayback version of American trainz group. Its got some extra rolling stock on the downloads area that were unfortunately removed.
    https://web.archive.org/web/*/amtraktrainz.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkultra04 View Post
    Thanks man I've been looking for some good Amtrak units. I'll check out your site for sure.
    We have a number of Amtrak locomotives & cars on our main site www.americantrainz.com (formerly Amtrak Trainz)... some of the content that is no longer hosted by use (author sold his rights) is now being hosted on another website.

peter
    ~Peter

I do not provide support via PM.
    Now at a new location!
    www.americantrainz.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerRock View Post
    We have a number of Amtrak locomotives & cars on our main site www.americantrainz.com (formerly Amtrak Trainz)... some of the content that is no longer hosted by use (author sold his rights) is now being hosted on another website.

peter
    Hi Peter, I'm already familiar with your site and go there quite frequently. You guys make great stuff!
    How Tomorrow Moves

Hi there , i'm french and i make maps some assets on my website, so i post here the link and maybe edit the France Section : http://t13trainz.jimdo.com/
    Have a nice day
    Last edited by trainzeur13; August 24th, 2019 at 11:03 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trainzeur13 View Post
    Hi there , i'm french and i make maps some assets on my website, so i post here the link and maybe edit the France Section : http://t13trainz.jimdo.com/
    Have a nice day
    Awesome thanks man I'll check ya out.
    How Tomorrow Moves

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

Hi william, thanks for the info, I've noticed that some stuff doesn't work anymore due to its age, is there any way to fix it by chance?

It depends on the problem with the content. Some things can be fixed and some can't. I really haven't done much fixing of assets in a long time so I'm not the best to ask. I would try a forum search first for the error message to see if the fix is shared by someone. If that doesn't work, make a post in the TRS2019 forum with the name of the asset and the exact error message. Someone will be able to help.

Shane also has some tools on his website that may help. http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tuto...t-trainz-tools

William

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wreeder View Post
    It depends on the problem with the content. Some things can be fixed and some can't. I really haven't done much fixing of assets in a long time so I'm not the best to ask. I would try a forum search first for the error message to see if the fix is shared by someone. If that doesn't work, make a post in the TRS2019 forum with the name of the asset and the exact error message. Someone will be able to help.

Shane also has some tools on his website that may help. http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tuto...t-trainz-tools

William
    I'll do that thanks!
    How Tomorrow Moves

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Hi william, thanks for the info, I've noticed that some stuff doesn't work anymore due to its age, is there any way to fix it by chance?
    There's a link in the TS2010 forum that is very helpful for fixing stuff even today.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...ow-to-Fix-Them

If you run into assets that need repair, post up a new thread with the errors, so not to clog this one with repair-requests, and we can teach you how to fix the assets. Most of the repairs are pretty simple, some require using the tools mentioned by William, and then there will be those that can't be repaired due to how the assets were made.

The issue is there was no error checking in the olden days so a lot of errors made their way into the assets. After the error checking was introduced and improved upon, (some may beg to differ with me here), errors appeared in the content that weren't apparent when the assets were first made. If the assets were made according to the rules of the time for that particular version, then the assets should work fine today and most do. The problem is people didn't always follow the rules, implemented little workarounds, and did a lot of other things so that the assets are faulty.

Anyway post up a list and maybe we have that as a sticky on how to fix the assets.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    There's a link in the TS2010 forum that is very helpful for fixing stuff even today.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...ow-to-Fix-Them

If you run into assets that need repair, post up a new thread with the errors, so not to clog this one with repair-requests, and we can teach you how to fix the assets. Most of the repairs are pretty simple, some require using the tools mentioned by William, and then there will be those that can't be repaired due to how the assets were made.

The issue is there was no error checking in the olden days so a lot of errors made their way into the assets. After the error checking was introduced and improved upon, (some may beg to differ with me here), errors appeared in the content that weren't apparent when the assets were first made. If the assets were made according to the rules of the time for that particular version, then the assets should work fine today and most do. The problem is people didn't always follow the rules, implemented little workarounds, and did a lot of other things so that the assets are faulty.

Anyway post up a list and maybe we have that as a sticky on how to fix the assets.
    Thanks I'll check it out.
    How Tomorrow Moves

peter
    Why is 99% of items out of stock... on a digital item..

I think he is using a canned shopping cart system with $0.00 prices, but not all of the assets are linked up yet, so "out of stock" is the canned message.
    “We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.” ― R.L.S.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kilrbe3 View Post
    Why is 99% of items out of stock... on a digital item..
    Just did some spot checking & couldn't find anything that was listed as out of stock. Stock tracking should be disabled on all of it. If there is an item showing as out of stock, let me know what that is & I'll check it's settings.

peter
    ~Peter

Now at a new location!
    www.americantrainz.com

Just did some spot checking & couldn't find anything that was listed as out of stock. Stock tracking should be disabled on all of it. If there is an item showing as out of stock, let me know what that is & I'll check it's settings.

peter
    Maybe all these are the ones you were talking about that the author sold rights to? If the case, maybe just remove from site completely? I am logged in and all that jazz. These locos and all the AMTRAK rolling stock & NS topgon. What I want is that BP-4 again. I had it months and months ago, but I cleaned my PC up. I fixed it too, it had some errors for 19. Can't remember what they were, but was easy fix.

Blog Entries

hmm odd, I just looked at that page & they were fine. Wonder if I was looking at a cached version. I'll have to dig in to it more when I get home from work (don't have back-end access here).

peter
    ~Peter

Now at a new location!
    www.americantrainz.com

Same here: on the "locomotives" page, 15 are "out of stock" (only first and last are available), and 8 on "rolling stock" page.