Very Urgent Question: Beans on Toast?

I'm a big fan of Cheddar. In the USA it is made mostly in the northern states. Wisconsin is famous for cheese production as is rural New York state. Very sharp cheddar is often labeled New York sharp cheddar here. I once saw a Time Team where they did a dig in the Cheddar Gorge. I love that show.
William

Ah yes, Time Team. A heavily contrived show in which Tony Robinson spends a lot of time in Phil's trench!

Rob.

Last edited:
Avacado's are gross. Blah!

Give the following a go... mashed Avo, Bacon, and (ripe) Tomato on sourdough toast (with optional sweet chilli sauce, or a thin smear of Vegimite). A huge favourite around here . A baked beans and Coon cheese toastie is also a personal favourite.

Nice!

Thank you I will try those items. I'll have to see if I can find Coon Brand cheese locally. I know of the company from when I was looking at another recipe. The first is close to a sandwich that the Arby's chain of restaurants had on a limited basis a while back. It was a BLT with avocado spread instead of mayo.

By the way, Phil. I have been to Katoomba. When we were in Sydney in 2015, we took the train to the Blue Mountains Park and took the explorer bus from there and back. Beautiful town.

William

Last edited:
Just a quick update, I found a wedge of Double Gloucester cheese at the store today. I like the taste and tried it in place of cheddar in a few treats. Anyone have any different ways of eating it?

Thanks,
William

Thank you, I had the Ploughman's lunch at a pub in London. (Ploughman's: Fuller's Black Cab ham, pork pie, Cheddar, Piccalilli, apple & breads) I couldn't finish the cold meat pie.:eek:
https://www.admiraltytrafalgar.co.uk/

Cheese and Pickle sandwich sounds good. I've eaten cheese and dill pickle sandwiches all my life. Never occurred to be to use sweet pickle relish.

I made beans on toast with it yesterday and it was very good. As someone had suggested, I bought good quality baked beans (Bush's BBQ Baked Beans with bacon and onions) and no problems with gas.

William

Last edited:
Back