adding a thumbnail to a route

Dark_Stormyx

Hello everyone, I recently built a route using basemapz and would like to upload it to the DLS but it has no thumbnail and would really prefer that it does, is there any way to add one manually? I tried the surveyor edit were it tells you to take a screenshot but it does not seem to work.

thanks in advance.

There appears to be a bug where it doesn't save the screen capture. The screen capture is there, but the problem is it's not referenced in the config.txt file.

In Content Manager, open the asset for editing in Explorer.

Look for your screenshot image.

Open the config.txt file and edit the thumbnails section by changing the default jpg file to the screen capture one you have in the route folder.

Save the config.txt file.
Close any folders and then submit the route. (asset)

Check in Content Manager to ensure you have the desired screen capture.

If this doesn't work, you can always take a regular screen shot and resize it down to 240 x 180, call it whatever you want. You then copy this file to the route folder by opening up the asset (route) for editing as above, and edit the config.txt file accordingly to reflect your image file.jpg.

Hope this helps.

Edit the route in explorer then in the "Editing" folder replace the default thumbnail by the one you want, submit edit, done.

and resize it down to 240 x 180
As of TANE I would drop that advice for routes and sessions. For those I would advise a much larger image (but still at a 4:3 ratio). This is because the image also showing in the route menu in game; a 240x180 in game will not look that good.

If you have the intention to upload the route to the DLS, I would advise adding 3 images to the thumbnail container.

In TRS19 open the route for edit. From drop down menu select edit route. Move to a location you want as an image and click on set thumbnail. The scene will then appear.

Thank you everyone, I followed your advice and replaced the thumbnail with a screenshot and it worked. This is a great game and very addictive but its the only game I can think of that requires you to know basic computer programming.:(

Stormy --

I use the screen capture function in FARPS. Then a image editing application to make images the correct size.

In TRS19 you can include a thumbnail and three (or more, maybe?) images in the config.txt file of the route.

For the correct format of the reference to the images in the config.txt file just use one of the examples of routes that are either included in TRS19 or from the Download Station.

Phil

If you have the intention to upload the route to the DLS, I would advise adding 3 images to the thumbnail container.

This is what I typically use in the thumbnail container for routes and sessions ...

PHP:
thumbnails
{
  {
    image                               "tgr-023.jpg"
    width                               1280
    height                              800
  }

{
    image                               "tgr-041.jpg"
  }

{
    image                               "tgr-052.jpg"
  }

{
    image                               "thumbnail.jpg"
    width                               640
    height                              480
  }
}

The values "01", "02", "03" are arbitrary - they are just container names. Image names can be anything as long as they are JPEGs. The image sizes are a matter of personal preference (and often confusion) but the bigger the image size the better the quality (usually).

I’m having the same issue with creating a thumbnail picture for a route I created for Trainz Mobile. Every time I try to save the route after adding the image, the image doesn’t show for route, but does show for the session. What am I doing wrong?

Back