Waybill text is white?

alec552

I'm not sure why, but for some reason the text in my waybills is white and I cannot read anything, it is like this for every route, so its a game issue, anyone have any ideas?

hPJbJJ8.jpg

This has been resolved, available in a future release.

Fantastic news!

Are there any plans to improve on the waybill system? I am a fan of Trainz purely for the freight/industry management side of things
and find it quite difficult to manage things with a simple waybill system, I remember using a Car Tagger system that was very useful on large routes such as the UMR, but ever since T:ANE SP2 it has stopped working. It would basically let you assign a freight car to an industry for loading/unloading and the list showed all available industries that supported that freight car. It was very useful knowing in what direction I needed to forward that car. Managing a railyard and the flow of freight is something I can only dream of, but I feel like Trainz gets me as close as possible, just wish there was more.

Hi,

It seems unlikely that the waybill system will ever be updated. It was a future goal for Tane but in the public vote it finished near the bottom of the list of 25 features. I think most Trainzers are interested in being a first person train driver rather than operating a railroad. This was another system that had real promise but I don't think Dap is active any more.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?96197-CMTM-Upgrade

TrainPlayer has a very nice system for freight car movement.
https://www.trainplayer.com/

William

I think most Trainzers are interested in being a first person train driver rather than operating a railroad.

What?

I'd say that is almost the exact, no wait, is the exact opposite of what most people in Trainz want/like.

I'd say Trainz offers everything to run a RR or Model RR. To build and create on the fly, and with ease. The very last thing IMHO that I want from Trainz is a more first person view. The scale, and most interiors, are just not up to snuff as other 'titles' offer. Where they excel in cab running, and have almost zero creativity or user control on building. There is still many interiors of cabs that are from 2009 days... Heck, even a good amount of JR interior cabs are 'meh'. Some still completely unfinished and are payware!

Temporary fix:
- open the directory <TRS19_Install>\resources\builtin\base\content\kuid -16 11413
- make a copy of the file waybill_background.tga (or the one for your language)
- use a program to darken the original image, and save it (using the original name)
<TRS19_Install> is the directory where your TRS19 (program) is installed.

The white text should now be more readable in game.

Before updating the program to the next build, delete the modified file and restore the original image file.

Peter

I'd say that is almost the exact, no wait, is the exact opposite of what most people in Trainz want/like.
Not sure what evidence you base that claim on. You can search the forums by topic and very rarely find reference to waybills. In particular, looking through the suggestion forum you will find very few requests for changes. The T:Ane kickstarter survey, which was very thorough, rated waybill systems well below other features. You can't claim that the existence of a handful of very old, but still quite functional assets demonstrates that most people want to run the railroad rather than drive the trains!

If Waybill was an integrated and functional asset, where its contents were interpreted by the program, the interest if that item may increase.

Back