Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TB Forest assets all faulty

Quote Originally Posted by Dinorius_Redundicus View Post
    (snipped)...the Wiki contains the express instruction; "If you wish to use "snow" on your asset use the Snowline options, not the Winter options" (snipped). That's how it's "meant to work".
    Roger that. Something learned today by me. Funny thing is, the trees I place are hybrid. They flower for spring, full canopy for summer, color up for autumn, and strip bare for winter with no snow/ice. Drop the snowline and every tree above goes bare and white. Best of both worlds IMO.
    (-3-)y-~~

Quote Originally Posted by maruffijd View Post
    Roger that. Something learned today by me. Funny thing is, the trees I place are hybrid. They flower for spring, full canopy for summer, color up for autumn, and strip bare for winter with no snow/ice. Drop the snowline and every tree above goes bare and white. Best of both worlds IMO.
    Exactly. That’s the standard “seasons + snow” system that N3V want creators to adopt for trees that can exhibit all those changes.

I noticed that one of the examples in the Wiki even allowed for different snowlines at different times of year (if I read it correctly) which is an even more complex configuration. At the other extreme, you can do buildings and vehicles that only need one regular skin and one snowy alternative, no seasons.

So it’s a very flexible system, but one that can sometimes be misunderstood.
    T:ANE SP3 build 94829 and TRS2019 build 100240
    Win 10, i7 5820K, 3.3 GHz, 32GB ram, GTX 980Ti, 2x512GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dinorius_Redundicus View Post
    Exactly. That’s the standard “seasons + snow” system that N3V want creators to adopt for trees that can exhibit all those changes.

I noticed that one of the examples in the Wiki even allowed for different snowlines at different times of year (if I read it correctly) which is an even more complex configuration. At the other extreme, you can do buildings and vehicles that only need one regular skin and one snowy alternative, no seasons.

So it’s a very flexible system, but one that can sometimes be misunderstood.
    These do exist too a small degree. Had static trucks that wintered over above the snow line. Can't remember if they changed with the months tough. Tripped over them while trying a winter wonderland route creation once in TANE.
    (-3-)y-~~