Feeling like a idiot

stouthm

Get over it
Okay, I give up. Selected a driver and assigned him a loco. Selected Drive Session and I wind up in the middle of a body of water, not at the loco. Why? Next question, how do I access the Drive Command Menu? You know where the drop down selections might be Drive To, Drive to Track Mark, etc. Use to be upper right hand corner but I can't find it now. Feeling kinda dumb right now.

On the location of the Drive Command menu - two places.

In Surveyor it is in the Main Menu (top left) - Edit Session. Driver Setup should be one of the icons appearing on the left of the Session Editor window.

In Driver (TRS19) you will need to click the 3 dots on the bottom right once or twice until the Driver Command Bar (now with a transparent background) appears. Then you can click on the small "chevron" icon to get the drop down driver commands menu.

On the question of the loco in the middle of the swamp - this indicates to me that something is wrong with the loco itself (apart from being in a swamp). There was a similar problem in an earlier TANE release with "ghost consists" that vanished from the tracks to become invisible parts of the scenery. Perhaps try a database repair or even an extended database repair.

Do you have other drivers in the driver list? Is the driver you selected at the top of the driver list? If answer is Yes and No Trainz will take you to the first loco at top of list and if it has no driver it will end up in the middle of nowhere.

Sometimes I'm placed in middle of water (or anywhere) when jumping into a session. I forget exactly what the circumstances are but it's simply a result of being in "camera roving mode" (4 key). When this happens just hit "1" or "2" to place yourself in or at your assigned loco.

Alternately, you should be able to do Map view and relocate or stay in "camera roving mode" and rove out of the water to more friendly surroundings.

Are you in a Default Session or such where no loco's are placed? And did you just choose "Drive Session" from main panel or did you Edit Session and then Drive? (I've only had TRS19 so I don't know how to relate to previous versions and experiences. Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious as I see you have many versions but I understand TRS19 to be quite different.)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. All good info. I got to the "chevron" that pware pointed out and selected "Drive via TrackMark". Had one about a mile away but the loco refuses to move. Tried 4 different locos by various authors with the same result. Suggestions?

Replace the TM. Sometimes TRS19 will forget the placement of a TM or even some other track assets even though it is there it looses the name from its library. After a replacement do a delete missing asset to remove the old reference.

My fault. As the tile of this thread suggest - if the shoe fits...…. I had previously replaced some junctions and assumed (that word again) that they were still there but in replacing the TM I saw that they had disappeared. Hence, no where to go. Also some conflicting signaling which I fixed. I still get dumped into the water instead of the selected loco even though I used the first driver. I'll figure it out. Thanks again for bearing with me. Always learning with this sim.

Back