coal loading

EJB

why can't coal trainz load? coal loader 40 and the coal loader from msgsapper won't work. coal loader is build 2.4(i get it) but sappers can't be found with the AI to load.
is there a fix for this?
thanx
ejb

actually yes. i just ran the same consist on the Proto Clinchfield with the coal loader 40 and it found it and it loaded all of them.
seems to be certain routes. if i could find what is different i cam fix it

Could it be that the coal loader in some routes (or more likely in the session) has been incorrectly configured or is not industry active?

Probably a silly question...

Have you checked that the wagons and loader (industry track) use the same coal asset?
A while ago I was trying to load cattle into a cattle truck - and failed. That's when I realised that the "cattle" asset was actually several assets, and there was a mismatch between the kuids.
Changing the wagons' load like solved that problem.

Colin

same car different route.
in 2012 it didn't matter. the coal loader 40 worked for all situations. but it is dated,trainz build 2.4.
msgsapper coal loader will probably work if i can figure out how to get the consist to go to it.
tahnz guys
ejb

still trying. sappers coal loading trainz will not go to it.. coal unloading trainz will go to but will not load.
i used csx 100 ton bethgons, csx 100 ton, and rr mods ho5b. all on a test track and no loading.
the dated coal loader 40 will not load a full 84 car train. stops about 21 the partially load and then no loading.
i really do not know what else to try.
ejb
oh yes they all take the coal Kuid:44179:60013

Hi EJB

If Coal Loader 40 isn't loading all of the wagons it suggests that it isn't producing enough coal to fill the full train. Have you tried increasing the amount of coal produced every 30 seconds? I usually set it to something like 300,00 so that it never runs out.

Regards

Brian

hi,

may do @philskene Way: ingame: got edit trains...click the wagon...if he can load look the right load or unload button, type how much tons...click and close edit...for unload do the same..... helps alot if some Content doesnt work correctly!!

regards
Ern,
@spalterbockerl

thanx kennilworth. i pretty sure i haven't missed trying anything. the coal loader 40 allows up to 271 million but it still doesn't completely load the consist. the new coal loader isn't recognized by the AI so it doesn't go to load.
i have spent enough time on this. i went back to 2012 and guess what everything works.
i think maybe i'll look at it again later.
thanx
ejb
damn shame. i really like the way the game looks.

Something I noticed.

The coal loader 40 is only 2.71 million units. so 22.583333333 Bethgons (and all coal cars with similar capacities) will deplete the industry. A Bethgon is a load hog @ 120,000 units per car. How aggressive is the restocking per cycle on the industry? Also, when you deleted and reinstalled the loader, did you remove and reassign the driver command? Sometimes the driver command does not recognize the new industry until you refresh the command as it wants the specific industry that was there when you assigned it.

what i do not understand is i just ran proto clinchfield and it has the coal loader 40 and it loads the whole 84 car(100 ton bethgons) and keeps on rolling.
why doesn't it load on a route i have been building since trs 2004? haven't had a problem until now. couldn't say anything about tane. i never saw a train run on that program. spent close to a month fixing assets. any way at least with 2019 i have run trainz and really like the game with the exception of the loading.
i have changed everything and still have not had any success.
why will coal loader 40 load in proto clinchfield and not with my route? i am missing something ( maybe a -25+xxxx) whatever.
the train will go to sappers coal unloading but not the coal loading. i don't know.
tahnx
ejb

what i do not understand is i just ran proto clinchfield and it has the coal loader 40 and it loads the whole 84 car(100 ton bethgons) and keeps on rolling.
why doesn't it load on a route i have been building since trs 2004? haven't had a problem until now. couldn't say anything about tane. i never saw a train run on that program. spent close to a month fixing assets. any way at least with 2019 i have run trainz and really like the game with the exception of the loading.
i have changed everything and still have not had any success.
why will coal loader 40 load in proto clinchfield and not with my route? i am missing something ( maybe a -25+xxxx) whatever.
the train will go to sappers coal unloading but not the coal loading. i don't know.
tahnx
ejb
Did some troubleshooting and I will 3rd the discrepancy. Loader is dead, unloader works as advertised. Loader 40 does work good for me. I have seen threads about various industries working on route A, but dead on route B. No idea about what to do.

In the config, I did see 2 things that caught my eye:

1. In the Sapper loader under string table, it said "watercoaloader", the unloader said coal "coalunloader". Don't know if this means anything or not.

2. One has an obsolete table, the other does not. Could this mean something?

i did not see the watercoaloaderand really don't know is that is the problem. the obsolete table is curious but who know if it is the culprit.
i don't know. this problem is way above my pay grade. basically i have run few sessions in 2012 and old reliable is still great.
i will keep on trying though.
thanx
ejb

be nice to get JCitron to look. he's pretty sharp with solving problems. i have watched him for years. seems to know a lot about the game.it has got to be something really hard to find. with my knowledge which isn't much of computers any help would be appreciated.
ejb

The coal loader holds 2715000 which is far less than your wagons requirements (90800). 84 x 90800 = 7267200 which is 5452200 short.

changed the load and the consist sailed right thru without stopping at 27 mph.
so how do you change the load limit and have it work?
i really appreciate all the effort from you guys and gals on this. after 4 days i grow weary . i actually went to 2012 and run a few sessions and actually had fun. isn't this what the game is all about.
somehow this should be able to be resolved.
thanx again
ejb

The max limit is set in the config of the asset. You could increase the limit in the config but that would only apply to your personal route and not any which have been imported. Alternative is use a loader that allows for bigger loads.

tried changng the config in the route. did not work. loaded partial consist. no difference
apparently i can't build my own routes. only ones that work come from the DLS.
pretty aggravated. i'll mess with this later on.
going back to 2012. IT WORKS
ejb
thanx for your help. don't mean to be abrupt but this has been going on ro days and now it is totally frustrating.

Back