Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: is there an asset of a person holding a token ?

I would not have thought that trying to respond to a simple query would lead to such an interesting and informative thread!

I have now learned:

a) how tokens are exchanged.
    b) how to simulate a "before and after" token exchange.

I will have another go!

It seems to me that there are three situations where a token would be needed:

a) when a double track section becomes single - giving the token to the driver.
    b) when a single track section becomes double - accepting the token from the driver.
    c) when a single track section is followed by another single track section - exchanging tokens.

To meet all needs and preferences, the following models would be needed:

1) A rail worker offering the token to the driver from his right hand.
    2) -do- using his left hand.
    3) as 1) but extending his other arm to collect the token.
    4) as 2) and extending his other arm etc.
    5) A rail worker extending his right arm to collect the token.
    6) -do- but using his left arm.
    7) A rail worker with the token on his right arm having just received it.
    8) -do- but using his left arm.
    9) A rail worker "at rest" to be used for example after handing the token to the driver.

Nine figures in all - no problem starting with the original figure. This seems to me o be a reasonable set.

I agree with the comment about needing a black uniform and will follow this suggestion. Incidentally, the texture I used was very dark - a blue/black - in two of my graphics programs but showed up might lighter and brighter in Trainz - I don't know why.

Making the signalman leaning over his handrail to do the exchange would need another set of nine. And one standing on the platform another set.

Before I make a fresh start, have I thought of all possibilities?

Ray
    Last edited by ray_whiley; August 26th, 2019 at 09:56 AM.
    Dukes Denver Designs (Ray Whiley - Textures and 3d Virtual Models for TRAINZ).
    Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works

I agree with the comment about needing a black uniform and will follow this suggestion. Incidentally, the texture I used was very dark - a blue/black - in two of my graphics programs but showed up might lighter and brighter in Trainz - I don't know why.
    It's the way the game engine interprets the colour, in days gone by you used to have to load a specific palate in the graphics program to obtain the correct colours for a game Usually these days reducing or increasing the Gamma in the Graphics program will fix it. In TANE and TRS19 its a case of reducing the Gamma slightly. All my textures have the gamma reduced to regain the correct / intended colour.

The Original Doom (MS Dos) had a different palate to Doom II, caused a bit of head scratching at the time for those of us designing levels, when Doom levels looked wrong in DoomII.
    Malc

Many thanks, Malcolm, for this information.

Ray

I have now uploaded a series of nine figures which should help in creating a simu;ated token exchange using the method described earlier. Eight are available; one delayed a few hours because of an error I made with the required image. They are named "" DDD Token exchange 01" to "... 09". Each is accompanied by a "read me" file which describes each figure. This can also be viewed at:

https://raystrainz.wordpress.com/sin...oken-exchange/

They seem to be correct for using on a platform set to the Trainz UK standard of 1.3 metres above baseboard level. For use at ground level, the driver would have to lean out of his cab - as in real life. They are clad in black and wearing gloves.

I hope this will meet the need expressed in the original post. It has certainly been an interesting exercise for me. Now it's back to other projects I have on the boil - or rather, simmering.

Ray

Blog Entries

Well done Ray. They very nicely fill a gap in the set of human figure railway workers.
    A member of the "Party Machine". Now if only I could remember where they are holding the party!

Quote Originally Posted by ray_whiley View Post
    I have now uploaded a series of nine figures which should help in creating a simu;ated token exchange using the method described earlier. Eight are available; one delayed a few hours because of an error I made with the required image. They are named "" DDD Token exchange 01" to "... 09". Each is accompanied by a "read me" file which describes each figure. This can also be viewed at:

https://raystrainz.wordpress.com/sin...oken-exchange/

They seem to be correct for using on a platform set to the Trainz UK standard of 1.3 metres above baseboard level. For use at ground level, the driver would have to lean out of his cab - as in real life. They are clad in black and wearing gloves.

I hope this will meet the need expressed in the original post. It has certainly been an interesting exercise for me. Now it's back to other projects I have on the boil - or rather, simmering.

Ray
    Many thanks ray, great work !
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Thank you, pware and dangavel - I enjoyed doing them!

Ray

Excellent work Ray, - much appreciated.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

HP XW8400 Xeon, Dual E5320 quad core CPUs, 16GB RAM, 1Tb SAS Hard drive, Nvidia GTX 960, Win 7.