Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is there an asset of a person holding a token ?

Now that looks very useful indeed Ray. One of the small essential things that's been missing from Trainz for far too long.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

HP XW8400 Xeon, Dual E5320 quad core CPUs, 16GB RAM, 1Tb SAS Hard drive, Nvidia GTX 960, Win 7.

Quote Originally Posted by ray_whiley View Post
    Many thanks, normhart - I just used Bob Sanders's painter to hold the token which is a scenery object and needs to be adjusted to suit whatever figure is used, preferably (in the UK) a signalman. There must be several available which are suitable in different parts of the world. In time I might make my own man holding it. And thanks for drawing my attention to elvenor's textures which I was not aware of.

Your comments are much appreciated.

Ray
    Looks very promising Ray, many thanks for doing this . if you could also make the token as an individual item as well it could then be placed with other figures. I have pics of a man holding a token whilst waiting on the platform etc.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

The initial model was already made as an individual item, so it's ready - other than being revised to make sure it can be "rolled". I can also make the man with token suitable for other locations such as on the platform of a signal box.

Ray

Just discovered that "rolling" is not the answer - what I need is for it to be rotated vertically ie. up and down to suit the position of the holder. Otherwise it is in a fixed position. Is this possible using GMax, please? If not, I may have to make the token in a choice of maybe three position - held horizontally and pointing up and down at an angle.
    Last edited by ray_whiley; August 15th, 2019 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Problem
    Dukes Denver Designs (Ray Whiley - Textures and 3d Virtual Models for TRAINZ).
    Member of Trainz Carriage and Wagon Works

Just use the raise / lower asset function in surveyor.
    Malc

Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
    No that solution is far too simple. We need a committee to look into the problem and consider all the angles.

Cheerio John

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by johnwhelan View Post
    No that solution is far too simple. We need a committee to look into the problem and consider all the angles.

Cheerio John
    No that's too expensive and time consuming. We need a KISS solution: Keep It Stupidly Simple. Also, is there any sort of token system on the DLS that I can use on clam1952's Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland 2014 TANE? I've got it working in TRS19 with the additions of interactive stations at the ends of the lines and interactive refueling facilities.
    Last edited by jordon412; August 15th, 2019 at 06:45 PM.
    Trainz - Easy as Pi

That would not achieve what I think is needed. As made, the token would point in whatever direction I have made it, that is horizontally. The uploaded "man with token" illustrated shows it pointing upwards at an angle, but this was created in GMax by grouping the man's arm and the token and giving it that position. For the token to be an individual asset which users can place so that it appears to be held by a person of their choice, the angle in which it points needs to be adjusted up or down. Raising or lowering in Surveyor would not alter the angle.

However, I have an idea which I am going to try.

Ray

Also, is there any sort of token system on the DLS that I can use on clam1952's Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland 2014 TANE?
    Are you thinking of the staffs used on that line rather than the more recent electronic system?

Ray

Problem solved: by rotating the token ninety degrees in GMax, the angle can be adjusted vertically as required. I will now upload it to the DLS with this description:

"A token, hand-held, for single line working. This can be adjusted for height, rotated, and "rolled" to any desired angle to enable it to appear to be held by any model person of the user's choice. It may take quite a while to place it in the correct position. Warning: it does not roll around it's own centre and I have not been able to correct this."

The problem is that it appears to roll around a point at ground level so rolling would be needed before placing it "in" a person's hand.

Maybe, even with this problem, it's better than nothing? But I'll probably make a few more men holding the token at various angles.

Ray

Are you thinking of the staffs used on that line rather than the more recent electronic system?

Ray
    Was https://www.festipedia.org.uk/wiki/Electric_train_staff

Being modified on WHR to https://www.whrsoc.org.uk/WHRProject/microETS.html
    Malc

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Ray
    Maybe the Electronic Token System used right now. I'm working on replacing some of the animals with the animated animals included in TRS19. I've also replaced the standard gauge track with TRS19 procedural Jarrah track and named the ATLS controllers, a requirement in TRS19. Now I'm trying to decide on how to name the signals, either name them based on how many miles they are from Caernarfon or Porthmadog, or based on whether they're for 'Down' or 'Up' trains.
    Trainz - Easy as Pi

Problem solved: by rotating the token ninety degrees in GMax, the angle can be adjusted vertically as required. I will now upload it to the DLS with this description:

"A token, hand-held, for single line working. This can be adjusted for height, rotated, and "rolled" to any desired angle to enable it to appear to be held by any model person of the user's choice. It may take quite a while to place it in the correct position. Warning: it does not roll around it's own centre and I have not been able to correct this."

The problem is that it appears to roll around a point at ground level so rolling would be needed before placing it "in" a person's hand.

Maybe, even with this problem, it's better than nothing? But I'll probably make a few more men holding the token at various angles.

Ray
    Great, thanks very much Ray , I think it's a good idea to do a few versions Always best to have a choice of options .
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Maybe the Electronic Token System used right now.
    Sorry, not something I'm capable of. Maybe if I was 29 like you, jordon412, rather than 88 …

Ray

Thanks, Malc - I had looked there before asking jordon412 what he was thinking of.

Ray

Six variants of man with token just uploaded - five standing upright numbered 02 to 06, arm at different angles, number 07 bending forward.

Ray