How many bridges can you get in one shot ? post your bridge shots here !

dangavel

The Uintah Railway had lots of bridges , over 100 in a 60 odd mile line , but most of these were insignificant creatures , many less than 16 feet in length. However, if they had built the projected extension to Bonanza that had been mooted in 1921, they would have had to add about 2 dozen more and some of these were very large , over 500 foot in length and 150 feet high.
I created the proposed extension and found that i could get a LOT of bridges in one single shot as the line loops back several times around itself . I'm posting a few here , see if you can count them correctly. A hint , the last shot has the most .
it would be nice to have examples of how many others have on their route, do we even have a bridge thread? if we do then perhaps this can be a variation of that and if not, just post your bridges here for fun !
ITcBv2o.jpg

this ones easy
g3Pz9nF.jpg

nvAaX8j.jpg

this one might be considered a trick shot .....
xIslqeM.jpg

Even i'm not completely sure how many there are in this shot , there may be a little one lurking in the far distance that's lost in the detail from this distance.
No animals were harmed in the making of these bridges ,or the route , although my old dog ( who was losing her sight but liked the heat emanating from the computer ) ,used to crawl under the desk on occasions and rummage around near cables so it was a close thing. Bridges all courtesy of the late lamented Ben Dorsey........

Last edited:
Great idea for a thread and those are really outstanding shots by both of you. I am coming in at just 3 bridges. But they are large Ben Dorsey classics set on the Ohio River at the mythical city of Limestone, Ky.

Great idea for a thread and those are really outstanding shots by both of you. I am coming in at just 3 bridges. But they are large Ben Dorsey classics set on the Ohio River at the mythical city of Limestone, Ky.
It’s highly likely that almost any shot here will contain a Ben Dorsey bridge , his own real model railway was mostly composed of said items

... just post your bridges here for fun ...

... this could be a very nice thread ... so, i place another one: the gorgeous Gorre & Daphetid by jrfolco (<kuid:73500:100082>) ...

Gorre-%26-Daphetid-by-jrfolco.jpg

grtz
daveric

ps : very beautyful aquarelle, netjam99 ... and a very good initiative, dangavel ... thankz !

Last edited:
... this could be a very nice thread ... so, i place another one: the gorgeous Gorre & Daphetid by jrfolco (<kuid:73500:100082>) ...

Gorre-%26-Daphetid-by-jrfolco.jpg

grtz
daveric

ps : very beautyful aquarelle, netjam99 ... and a very good initiative, dangavel ... thankz !
That was one wonderful model railroad , such a shame it was incinerated, must have been heartbreaking, I have some very old model railroad mags featuring it from around the world war 2 years , it was magnificent. This example looks great too. You can never have enough bridges

Zsuda that is one heck of a model railroad...great bridges and an amazing layout.

This screenshot again features the mytical city of Limestone's skyline being rebuilt in TRS19. If you squint real hard you'll make out five bridges in the shot.

Back