Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Idiocy Of N3V Policy

Fair comment Jango.

BTW John, I just tried editing the item outside the content folder and import but just got the same errors and it's still showing as payware. Think I'll throw the towel in on this exercise.
    TRS 2019 Coach Class (Former Customer)

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Fair comment Jango.

BTW John, I just tried editing the item outside the content folder and import but just got the same errors and it's still showing as payware. Think I'll throw the towel in on this exercise.
    I just read what you attempted, and no that wouldn't work... A replacement horn of your choice, however, given the SAME kuid as the original with an up-version would import fine. I'm sorry I wasn't clear in your description. The good news is Jango has an update coming out anyway.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

stuck in Folsom Prison, and time keeps draggin' on...

Hello Vern,

I have been absent for a long time due to family issues.

Unfortunately, making enginesounds is a fine art none of us at TrainZItalia has ever mastered.

I will try using the Class 158/159 enginesound for our imminent big release of ALn668 for the Sebino Lake. Could you point out which enginesound you attempted to use? I have found several and I don't know which is the better one.

The new release will also have a prototypical hornsound, taken from a cab ride in a Sebino Lake ALn 668 train.
    Carlo "Pendolino" - TrainZItalia PRO Administrator

UP fan 5,000 miles away from the nearest UP tracks

They are all good Carlo, though I would probably go for the ones by davidmacveigh - KUID 171914:100102
    TRS 2019 Coach Class (Former Customer)

United States of America, Alabama, Wetumpka

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    If these assets have been packaged into payware, they can't be edited. These errors will occur due to these assets being compressed and the textures not decompiling completely which is the case with regular assets off the DLS. The problem though is with a payware asset, there is no real mesh or other components that can be edited including the .textures, which would normally be replaceable using PEVs Images2TGA.

You may be able to find these assets on the DLS, and if that's the case, you can modify them there. They maybe a lower asset version so you will need to use download this version to obtain them. You can then update those and even clone them and use those instead of the payware ones where suitable.
    I keep my last version of TS12 on my hard drive for exactly this reason, although I haven't built anything with it for a couple years. Pull up the asset in TS12, clone it (perfectly legitimately) and export as CDP, then load it into TANE or whatever and make modifications needed. I'm surprised the creators of these assets okayed their being made payware, as this will certainly cause some users to simply avoid them. In my case, if I can't rename an asset to make it findable (which requires editing) then as far as I'm concerned it's junk and I disable it. Is this what the creators really want?

--Lamont

Quote Originally Posted by ldowns View Post
    I'm surprised the creators of these assets okayed their being made payware, as this will certainly cause some users to simply avoid them.
    A lot of assets were made payware without the creator's knowledge or approval. N3V has committed to correcting this, although no time frame has yet been provided.