Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dry Brook & Esopus Valley

Default Jointed Rail - Dry Brook & Esopus Valley RR - RELEASE

The Dry Brook and Esopus Valley is a fictional railroad heavily inspired by the beauty of the Catskill Mountains in New York and the romance of the Ulster and Delaware railroad that graced it’s grades.

The route takes place in the early 1990’s after a group of rail enthusiasts successfully lobbied Conrail to reactivate the line for freight and limited tourist excursions following 15 years of abandonment by Penn Central. Much of the trackage had fallen into disrepair and much of it remains out of service or abandoned all together. But following years of refurbishment, the Dry Brook and Esopus Valley was in service as an official short line.

Beginning in downtown Esopus, this 15 mile branch line passes through busy streets, farms, countryside and challenging mountain grades, before terminating at a major washout. Industries include, scrap, lumber, candy, general goods, grain and gravel. Successfully bringing a loaded gravel train down the 2.5% grade into the Esopus Valley will challenge even the best engineer. There’s even a limited tourist excursion into the mountains (tourist excursion expansion pack available at www.kltrainz.com).

Content included:

DB&EV Graffiti RS1
    DB&EV GP9
    DB&EV Graffiti SW1500
    DB&EV Ortner Gondola’s (Provided by Reggie's Trainz)
    DB&EV Caboose

3 Sessions:
    Gravel Run
    Local Switching
    MOW

Get it here: http://jointedrail.com/product/dry-b...pus-valley-rr/

Watch the release video:
    https://youtu.be/_8_ozugNLNo

Also make sure to check out K&L's Steam Excursion Pack and release video here:
    https://youtu.be/6FO1LlZ3PKg

Thanks!

Dear Alabama,
    Thank you for sending us all your intelligent women.
    With Love,
    California.

That looks really impressive.

Is it TRS19? With the new TRS19 track, PBR textures, TurfFX, SpeedTrees, ... ? If so I'll buy it for sure.

Blog Entries

This route is not officially supported in TS19 by JR.

That being said, I have used the route in TS19 but it does have a few issues like with parallax textures interfering with other assets.

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by norfolksouthern37 View Post
    This route is not officially supported in TS19 by JR.

That being said, I have used the route in TS19 but it does have a few issues like with parallax textures interfering with other assets.
    I have it running in TRS19 and the problems are the ground textures covering up part of the track. It has the effect of where a PBR and non-PBR texture meets, though there are no PBR textures. Other than that, it runs fine.
    Trainz 2019 - So easy a caveman can use it.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

That route looks really awesome!
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

Some of the ballast textures are PBR textures although they're not labeled as such, I was able to fix it by replacing the ballast textures with non-PBR ones. Had to toy around with the environment settings because TRS2019 set the route to be overly dark for some reason.

I also replaced the billboard trees and I had to replace all of the TRC Crossing Lights.
    Last edited by BBarnes005; August 9th, 2019 at 12:12 AM.

Default Dry Brook & Esopus Valley

Nice work on the Route and content for it guys it shows up in TRS2019 quite nicely and yes i know it was made for Tane but yeah apart from the billboard stuff looking rather flat in the newer version of the game Approach Medium certainly has a great gift of being able to create an amazing route.
    There is only one white version of the Ortner Gon whilst on the route page a couple of other versions of this gon are shown will they be made available at a later date at all ?, Well thanks again for sum amaing quality content guys please keep it up.
    Cheers Mick.

Blog Entries

They're Davesnow reskins of his model so that's why they wernt included in the payware pack. Should be on the download station under DBEV mate, not very good quality as I could only skin from the TGA file haha

Quote Originally Posted by scratchy View Post
    They're Davesnow reskins of his model so that's why they wernt included in the payware pack. Should be on the download station under DBEV mate, not very good quality as I could only skin from the TGA file haha
    Way better then what I could do even if I did have a psd Rich thanks mate I'll grab Dave's other gon's now.
    Cheers Mick.

Anyone else having issues with the crossings not activating?

United States of America, California, Sacramento

Anyone having trouble with kuid:19691:100722 Tb grass s 07w being faulty?
    ACER AG3-605-ur36 / Windows 10
    12GB RAM - 1 TB SSD - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 @3.40GHz
    Nvidia GeForce GTX760 1.5Gb

Quote Originally Posted by d55baron View Post
    Anyone having trouble with kuid:19691:100722 Tb grass s 07w being faulty?
    Yes me as well. I also can't get the RS-1 and SW1500 to budge. It's as though the brakes won't release or something strange.

Blog Entries

Same here . Had a look at the kiud list . All updated and committed . But in realistic mod , wont move unless at notch 8 . the RS-1 , wont move at all ?

Matt

guess they sat to long ?
    work hard, Play harder

I can't believe any of these GREAT developers aren't committing to 2019. Personally i'm getting pretty sick and tired of trying to replace ballast...enviornment lighting...pbr issues etc. This is starting to get pretty old! Route is TOP notch....just not ready for 2019! By the way if someone has REALLY figured out the best enviornment settings for any of these routes please share....I have tried everything.....yep watched all videos. All in all i'm a sucker to buy all the latest from Jointed Rail and K&L but it but for some reason it just sucks in 2019!

Flame Away!