Dry Brook & Esopus Valley

Try using the bail off key.

there is some misconfiguration or bug that causes the brake cylinders to fill with hundreds of psi on initialization and that is why they wont move. typically this only happens to locos that were already placed in the session but the fix for now is to bail off until the cylinder pressure is gone. There shouldn't be any more problems after that.

I can't believe any of these GREAT developers aren't committing to 2019. Personally i'm getting pretty sick and tired of trying to replace ballast...enviornment lighting...pbr issues etc. This is starting to get pretty old! Route is TOP notch....just not ready for 2019! By the way if someone has REALLY figured out the best enviornment settings for any of these routes please share....I have tried everything.....yep watched all videos. All in all i'm a sucker to buy all the latest from Jointed Rail and K&L but it but for some reason it just sucks in 2019!

Flame Away!

Understood, but we face similar issues having to change a lot of development or deal with incompatibilities ourselves, and T:ANE is just now coming close to completion. 2019 is yet a new ball of wax! We will have more 2019 only developments in the future, but right now it isn't the best way for some of us.

I have used DBEV in 2019 and yes I did tweak the environment settings ( it really just takes finding what you like) as well as replacing some cardboard trees and shrubs with more 3d offerings.

AMTRAKwannabe

Thanks for reminding me about the brake bail off key . And yes , it works great . LOL
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

She's moving well now . And enjoying the route .

K&L too
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Again thank you for the help

Matt

Awesome! Adding in the Eagle River is an interesting addition. I've already worked that one into the Legacy of the BN One and Two, making that one part of my Northern Pacific Lines.

Where did you add in the P&B? I've worked that into the Conrail main some ways away since that's a busy line. The Coal Country line will be off the resurrected old main. I'll continue the countryside with the city on that end working its way down to some parks and housing developments, and eventually open country as the line works its way upward a bit to connect to Coal Country somewhere. The tracks on that resurrected line are still rusty since the line sees only freights and coal and not much other traffic.

Hi John,

This is how I have connected Eagle River, DBEV and P&B together. It's still a WIP. I couldn't work out how to get a screenshot of the whole route, I just kept getting a black screen.

P&B far left and DBEV far right. P&B is connected at the double main lines at Juniata past the old steam engine. DBEV is connected at double main line past the cemetery.
view_media_post
view_media_post

P%26B-%28left-side%29-and-DBEV-%28far-right%29.jpg

Eagle River left side and DBEV far right. Eagle River is connected at the end of the line where the bear is. DBEV is connected past the broken bridge which is now repaired.
Eagle-River-%28left-side%29-and-DBEV-%28far-right%29.jpg

Hi John,

This is how I have connected Eagle River, DBEV and P&B together. It's still a WIP. I couldn't work out how to get a screenshot of the whole route, I just kept getting a black screen.

P&B far left and DBEV far right. P&B is connected at the double main lines at Juniata past the old steam engine. DBEV is connected at double main line past the cemetery.
view_media_post
view_media_post

Eagle River left side and DBEV far right. Eagle River is connected at the end of the line where the bear is. DBEV is connected past the broken bridge which is now repaired.

Your connections are similar to mine. I connected the DBEV to the P&B in the same area except I use the single track line coming into Juniata and I have that connecting to the Conrail mainline. I've put the Conrail portals I pulled out way up near Allegheny. There's that bike path along the river there that will become a connecting track for Conrail.

That's an interesting connection for the Eagle River. I may do the same. I was hoping to have connected the P&B there, but that didn't quite work out. It's a nice setup the way it is now though, although it's taking some time landscaping because I want to ensure I have the landscape looking similar on all boards.

Screenshots from above require tweaking the environment settings. I reset them to nothing (default) while working in Surveyor so I have no deep shadows or fog. The reason for the nothing is due to the distance fog blurring everything out. Turning off that and you can take satellite views okay.

Your connections are similar to mine. I connected the DBEV to the P&B in the same area except I use the single track line coming into Juniata and I have that connecting to the Conrail mainline. I've put the Conrail portals I pulled out way up near Allegheny. There's that bike path along the river there that will become a connecting track for Conrail.

That's an interesting connection for the Eagle River. I may do the same. I was hoping to have connected the P&B there, but that didn't quite work out. It's a nice setup the way it is now though, although it's taking some time landscaping because I want to ensure I have the landscape looking similar on all boards.

Screenshots from above require tweaking the environment settings. I reset them to nothing (default) while working in Surveyor so I have no deep shadows or fog. The reason for the nothing is due to the distance fog blurring everything out. Turning off that and you can take satellite views okay.

Thank you for the screenshots tips, I'll give that a go. I don't do screenshots very often (as you can tell haha).

I'll have to have a look at your Conrail option next time a fire up Trainz.

I am having the same issue, I have to manually bail off the brakes (by pressing D) every time I release them. The issue did not exist prior to installing the route but now effects all of my JR locomotives in T:ANE and TRS19.

Worked for me too but now i can't get train moving once hooked up to the pre created consists in the scenarios. Tried releasing all the handbrakes manually to no avail.....

Worked for me too but now i can't get train moving once hooked up to the pre created consists in the scenarios. Tried releasing all the handbrakes manually to no avail.....

Try bailing off the brakes again, I have to bail off every time I make a brake application; train brake or independent.

Just for the sake of troubleshooting, after coupling to the stock, decouple about 4 or 5 units back and see if you can move then. I do this when I get stuck like this to see if the issue is actually loco or stock pull weight. One would be surprised at how much this is the case...

Hey all, anyone have a problem with controls defaulting to the DCC setup when trying to resume a saved game? I always select realistic controls at the start of the activity, but if I save it, then go back into it, it's the DCC controls, with no option to change it to realistic.

Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this? Is there a way to delete the DCC option from the game entirely?!?! Haha! ;)

Just for the sake of troubleshooting, after coupling to the stock, decouple about 4 or 5 units back and see if you can move then. I do this when I get stuck like this to see if the issue is actually loco or stock pull weight. One would be surprised at how much this is the case...
So yes tried this last night and was able to get things rolling with all but the last hopper. So guess i'll run the scenario with what i can lol.

Hey all, anyone have a problem with controls defaulting to the DCC setup when trying to resume a saved game? I always select realistic controls at the start of the activity, but if I save it, then go back into it, it's the DCC controls, with no option to change it to realistic.

Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this? Is there a way to delete the DCC option from the game entirely?!?! Haha! ;)

I've had this issue since I bought T:ANE. Drives me crazy, makes routes like Marias Pass virtually unplayable for me as the sessions are often several hours and I don't often have that much time.

That's true, but for sessions that don't have the quick drive tab available to the player it's still an issue

I think I have stumbled on a work-around. You will have to go in and edit the session rules for each session. Under driver command, check the box for set cab control or something similar to that. When you go back in and reload the session, click on the driver icon in the HUD, go to set control, and pick something. I usually pick Throttle > 2. At that point the DCC controller will change over to the realistic controller. PITA, but it works.

Can anyone tell me where I might find the following please

<kuid:506034:179592>
<kuid:506034:656433>
<kuid:506034:656434>
<kuid:506034:656420>

Back