Dry Brook & Esopus Valley

ApproachMedium

Youtube dude
Jointed Rail - Dry Brook & Esopus Valley RR - RELEASE

The Dry Brook and Esopus Valley is a fictional railroad heavily inspired by the beauty of the Catskill Mountains in New York and the romance of the Ulster and Delaware railroad that graced it’s grades.

The route takes place in the early 1990’s after a group of rail enthusiasts successfully lobbied Conrail to reactivate the line for freight and limited tourist excursions following 15 years of abandonment by Penn Central. Much of the trackage had fallen into disrepair and much of it remains out of service or abandoned all together. But following years of refurbishment, the Dry Brook and Esopus Valley was in service as an official short line.

Beginning in downtown Esopus, this 15 mile branch line passes through busy streets, farms, countryside and challenging mountain grades, before terminating at a major washout. Industries include, scrap, lumber, candy, general goods, grain and gravel. Successfully bringing a loaded gravel train down the 2.5% grade into the Esopus Valley will challenge even the best engineer. There’s even a limited tourist excursion into the mountains (tourist excursion expansion pack available at www.kltrainz.com).

Content included:

DB&EV Graffiti RS1
DB&EV GP9
DB&EV Graffiti SW1500
DB&EV Ortner Gondola’s (Provided by Reggie's Trainz)
DB&EV Caboose

3 Sessions:
Gravel Run
Local Switching
MOW

Get it here: http://jointedrail.com/product/dry-brook-esopus-valley-rr/

Watch the release video:

Also make sure to check out K&L's Steam Excursion Pack and release video here:

approach_medium_5d4c545e949de.jpg

approach_medium_5d4c546555161.jpg

approach_medium_5d4c546b25970.jpg

approach_medium_5d4c54724f5bd.jpg

That looks really impressive.

Is it TRS19? With the new TRS19 track, PBR textures, TurfFX, SpeedTrees, ... ? If so I'll buy it for sure.

This route is not officially supported in TS19 by JR.

That being said, I have used the route in TS19 but it does have a few issues like with parallax textures interfering with other assets.

This route is not officially supported in TS19 by JR.

That being said, I have used the route in TS19 but it does have a few issues like with parallax textures interfering with other assets.

I have it running in TRS19 and the problems are the ground textures covering up part of the track. It has the effect of where a PBR and non-PBR texture meets, though there are no PBR textures. Other than that, it runs fine.

Some of the ballast textures are PBR textures although they're not labeled as such, I was able to fix it by replacing the ballast textures with non-PBR ones. Had to toy around with the environment settings because TRS2019 set the route to be overly dark for some reason.
tIoyZA8.jpg

FxTEsOs.jpg

9UInE7J.jpg

I also replaced the billboard trees and I had to replace all of the TRC Crossing Lights.

Last edited:
Nice work on the Route and content for it guys it shows up in TRS2019 quite nicely and yes i know it was made for Tane but yeah apart from the billboard stuff looking rather flat in the newer version of the game Approach Medium certainly has a great gift of being able to create an amazing route.
There is only one white version of the Ortner Gon whilst on the route page a couple of other versions of this gon are shown will they be made available at a later date at all ?, Well thanks again for sum amaing quality content guys please keep it up.
Cheers Mick.:)

They're Davesnow reskins of his model so that's why they wernt included in the payware pack. Should be on the download station under DBEV mate, not very good quality as I could only skin from the TGA file haha

They're Davesnow reskins of his model so that's why they wernt included in the payware pack. Should be on the download station under DBEV mate, not very good quality as I could only skin from the TGA file haha

Way better then what I could do even if I did have a psd :hehe: Rich thanks mate I'll grab Dave's other gon's now.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

Same here . Had a look at the kiud list . All updated and committed . But in realistic mod , wont move unless at notch 8 . the RS-1 , wont move at all ?

Matt

guess they sat to long ?

I can't believe any of these GREAT developers aren't committing to 2019. Personally i'm getting pretty sick and tired of trying to replace ballast...enviornment lighting...pbr issues etc. This is starting to get pretty old! Route is TOP notch....just not ready for 2019! By the way if someone has REALLY figured out the best enviornment settings for any of these routes please share....I have tried everything.....yep watched all videos. All in all i'm a sucker to buy all the latest from Jointed Rail and K&L but it but for some reason it just sucks in 2019!

Flame Away!

They are commited to the newer version we just have to have patience, Good things will come to those who wait Coal Country is being updated for the new version and i'm sure the rest will follow in good time plus i think they have other more importnt things to do like live a life.
Heaps of amazing folks around the forums who have come up with sum fix's for old content and work arounds for PBR stuff and it doe not take that long to swap stuff out, So maybe check out the rest of the forum or particulary the TRS2019 Thread for sum help on problems.
Cheers Mick.:)

I bought the route yesterday, along with a bunch of other locos, and K&L steam locomotives too.

It looks really great and I've already started activating the dormant mainline as well as looking for merger options with the P&B and Coal Country. :)

I cloned and imported the non-PBR version of the same textures and replaced them. Why, oh why did the original content creator, or may it was N3V, obsolete the originals and go straight to the PBR. In doing so, we lost compatibility with imported routes, and have had to resort to tricks to update them.

I've already merged the P&B, Eagle River and DBEV into one large route and will add Coal Country soon too :)

Awesome! Adding in the Eagle River is an interesting addition. I've already worked that one into the Legacy of the BN One and Two, making that one part of my Northern Pacific Lines.

Where did you add in the P&B? I've worked that into the Conrail main some ways away since that's a busy line. The Coal Country line will be off the resurrected old main. I'll continue the countryside with the city on that end working its way down to some parks and housing developments, and eventually open country as the line works its way upward a bit to connect to Coal Country somewhere. The tracks on that resurrected line are still rusty since the line sees only freights and coal and not much other traffic.

Yes me as well. I also can't get the RS-1 and SW1500 to budge. It's as though the brakes won't release or something strange.

Same here . Had a look at the kiud list . All updated and committed . But in realistic mod , wont move unless at notch 8 . the RS-1 , wont move at all ?

Matt

guess they sat to long ?

I am having the same issue, I have to manually bail off the brakes (by pressing D) every time I release them. The issue did not exist prior to installing the route but now effects all of my JR locomotives in T:ANE and TRS19.

Back