Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dry Brook & Esopus Valley

They are commited to the newer version we just have to have patience, Good things will come to those who wait Coal Country is being updated for the new version and i'm sure the rest will follow in good time plus i think they have other more importnt things to do like live a life.
    Heaps of amazing folks around the forums who have come up with sum fix's for old content and work arounds for PBR stuff and it doe not take that long to swap stuff out, So maybe check out the rest of the forum or particulary the TRS2019 Thread for sum help on problems.
    Cheers Mick.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

I bought the route yesterday, along with a bunch of other locos, and K&L steam locomotives too.

It looks really great and I've already started activating the dormant mainline as well as looking for merger options with the P&B and Coal Country.

I cloned and imported the non-PBR version of the same textures and replaced them. Why, oh why did the original content creator, or may it was N3V, obsolete the originals and go straight to the PBR. In doing so, we lost compatibility with imported routes, and have had to resort to tricks to update them.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

I've already merged the P&B, Eagle River and DBEV into one large route and will add Coal Country soon too

Quote Originally Posted by cabnz1 View Post
    I've already merged the P&B, Eagle River and DBEV into one large route and will add Coal Country soon too
    Awesome! Adding in the Eagle River is an interesting addition. I've already worked that one into the Legacy of the BN One and Two, making that one part of my Northern Pacific Lines.

Where did you add in the P&B? I've worked that into the Conrail main some ways away since that's a busy line. The Coal Country line will be off the resurrected old main. I'll continue the countryside with the city on that end working its way down to some parks and housing developments, and eventually open country as the line works its way upward a bit to connect to Coal Country somewhere. The tracks on that resurrected line are still rusty since the line sees only freights and coal and not much other traffic.
    John

United States of America, Virginia, Chesapeake

Quote Originally Posted by marcmanlove View Post
    Yes me as well. I also can't get the RS-1 and SW1500 to budge. It's as though the brakes won't release or something strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Railwoodman View Post
    Same here . Had a look at the kiud list . All updated and committed . But in realistic mod , wont move unless at notch 8 . the RS-1 , wont move at all ?

Matt

guess they sat to long ?

I am having the same issue, I have to manually bail off the brakes (by pressing D) every time I release them. The issue did not exist prior to installing the route but now effects all of my JR locomotives in T:ANE and TRS19.

Blog Entries

Try using the bail off key.

there is some misconfiguration or bug that causes the brake cylinders to fill with hundreds of psi on initialization and that is why they wont move. typically this only happens to locos that were already placed in the session but the fix for now is to bail off until the cylinder pressure is gone. There shouldn't be any more problems after that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cadman View Post
    I can't believe any of these GREAT developers aren't committing to 2019. Personally i'm getting pretty sick and tired of trying to replace ballast...enviornment lighting...pbr issues etc. This is starting to get pretty old! Route is TOP notch....just not ready for 2019! By the way if someone has REALLY figured out the best enviornment settings for any of these routes please share....I have tried everything.....yep watched all videos. All in all i'm a sucker to buy all the latest from Jointed Rail and K&L but it but for some reason it just sucks in 2019!

Flame Away!
    Understood, but we face similar issues having to change a lot of development or deal with incompatibilities ourselves, and T:ANE is just now coming close to completion. 2019 is yet a new ball of wax! We will have more 2019 only developments in the future, but right now it isn't the best way for some of us.

I have used DBEV in 2019 and yes I did tweak the environment settings ( it really just takes finding what you like) as well as replacing some cardboard trees and shrubs with more 3d offerings.

Blog Entries

AMTRAKwannabe

Thanks for reminding me about the brake bail off key . And yes , it works great . LOL

She's moving well now . And enjoying the route .

K&L too

Again thank you for the help

Matt

work hard, Play harder

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    Awesome! Adding in the Eagle River is an interesting addition. I've already worked that one into the Legacy of the BN One and Two, making that one part of my Northern Pacific Lines.

Where did you add in the P&B? I've worked that into the Conrail main some ways away since that's a busy line. The Coal Country line will be off the resurrected old main. I'll continue the countryside with the city on that end working its way down to some parks and housing developments, and eventually open country as the line works its way upward a bit to connect to Coal Country somewhere. The tracks on that resurrected line are still rusty since the line sees only freights and coal and not much other traffic.
    Hi John,

This is how I have connected Eagle River, DBEV and P&B together. It's still a WIP. I couldn't work out how to get a screenshot of the whole route, I just kept getting a black screen.

P&B far left and DBEV far right. P&B is connected at the double main lines at Juniata past the old steam engine. DBEV is connected at double main line past the cemetery.

Eagle River left side and DBEV far right. Eagle River is connected at the end of the line where the bear is. DBEV is connected past the broken bridge which is now repaired.

Quote Originally Posted by cabnz1 View Post
    Hi John,

This is how I have connected Eagle River, DBEV and P&B together. It's still a WIP. I couldn't work out how to get a screenshot of the whole route, I just kept getting a black screen.

P&B far left and DBEV far right. P&B is connected at the double main lines at Juniata past the old steam engine. DBEV is connected at double main line past the cemetery.

Eagle River left side and DBEV far right. Eagle River is connected at the end of the line where the bear is. DBEV is connected past the broken bridge which is now repaired.
    Your connections are similar to mine. I connected the DBEV to the P&B in the same area except I use the single track line coming into Juniata and I have that connecting to the Conrail mainline. I've put the Conrail portals I pulled out way up near Allegheny. There's that bike path along the river there that will become a connecting track for Conrail.

That's an interesting connection for the Eagle River. I may do the same. I was hoping to have connected the P&B there, but that didn't quite work out. It's a nice setup the way it is now though, although it's taking some time landscaping because I want to ensure I have the landscape looking similar on all boards.

Screenshots from above require tweaking the environment settings. I reset them to nothing (default) while working in Surveyor so I have no deep shadows or fog. The reason for the nothing is due to the distance fog blurring everything out. Turning off that and you can take satellite views okay.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    Your connections are similar to mine. I connected the DBEV to the P&B in the same area except I use the single track line coming into Juniata and I have that connecting to the Conrail mainline. I've put the Conrail portals I pulled out way up near Allegheny. There's that bike path along the river there that will become a connecting track for Conrail.

That's an interesting connection for the Eagle River. I may do the same. I was hoping to have connected the P&B there, but that didn't quite work out. It's a nice setup the way it is now though, although it's taking some time landscaping because I want to ensure I have the landscape looking similar on all boards.

Screenshots from above require tweaking the environment settings. I reset them to nothing (default) while working in Surveyor so I have no deep shadows or fog. The reason for the nothing is due to the distance fog blurring everything out. Turning off that and you can take satellite views okay.
    Thank you for the screenshots tips, I'll give that a go. I don't do screenshots very often (as you can tell haha).

I'll have to have a look at your Conrail option next time a fire up Trainz.

Quote Originally Posted by AMTRAKwannabe View Post
    I am having the same issue, I have to manually bail off the brakes (by pressing D) every time I release them. The issue did not exist prior to installing the route but now effects all of my JR locomotives in T:ANE and TRS19.
    Worked for me too but now i can't get train moving once hooked up to the pre created consists in the scenarios. Tried releasing all the handbrakes manually to no avail.....

United States of America, Virginia, Chesapeake

Worked for me too but now i can't get train moving once hooked up to the pre created consists in the scenarios. Tried releasing all the handbrakes manually to no avail.....
    Try bailing off the brakes again, I have to bail off every time I make a brake application; train brake or independent.

Quote Originally Posted by AMTRAKwannabe View Post
    Try bailing off the brakes again, I have to bail off every time I make a brake application; train brake or independent.
    Yeah tried that already and no luck.

Just for the sake of troubleshooting, after coupling to the stock, decouple about 4 or 5 units back and see if you can move then. I do this when I get stuck like this to see if the issue is actually loco or stock pull weight. One would be surprised at how much this is the case...
    (-3-)y-~~