"manual control is disabled for this junction lever"

Belzedar

I get this message when trying to change a junction which stops me from continuing in the game. This has occurred in Shortline and Port Zyd at the beginning of a session. In Shortline, I need to assemble a train but can't get to the consist because I can't switch the track.

Thanks.

Harlen

This normally means you are too close to the switch. Try backing up a bit and see if the yellow lock symbol goes away. In TRS2019, I have also seen this happen when the next switch beyond the one you are trying to change is not aligned to your path even though you are far away from it. Try changing that switch too.

William

Are both of these Tane versions? Have you tried the TRS19 version of Port Zyd? - I'd say also that your approach speed also affects how/when you can change a junction but I see you many versions and experience so I expect you know that :)

Which session are you referring to in Shoreline? I'll see if I have same issue...

Thanks for the replies. I know that a junction is locked if I am too close to it and this isn't the problem because all of the junctions in the vicinity give me the same message when I move the cursor over them.

In Shortline, it was Task 1 that was the problem. I tried Task 4 and that seemed to work OK so far.

And Port Zyd may be a TANE version. If I purchase Port Zyd in the download station, will it be the TRS 19 version?

Harlen

Thanks for the replies. I know that a junction is locked if I am too close to it and this isn't the problem because all of the junctions in the vicinity give me the same message when I move the cursor over them.

In Shortline, it was Task 1 that was the problem. I tried Task 4 and that seemed to work OK so far.

And Port Zyd may be a TANE version. If I purchase Port Zyd in the download station, will it be the TRS 19 version?

Harlen

See this thread to update Port Zyd to TRS-19. Be sure to read in full concerning the update.
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...Zyd-amp-Fulazturn-DLC-layout-updated-to-TRS19

As for the original Tane version in TRS-19... There is an AI train that is the "problem". As you start to back away and you are looking at the green turn-around icon, there is an empty coal train to the left. It seems to move, waiting for a drawbridge that never comes down. It sits then will back up and come around. It has control of the junction. It was pass (backwards) and then it will get stuck again down under the overpass. If you wait long enough it will eventually move on and your junction will automatically be set for you. You can then proceed.

As for Shortline... As the opening dialog says... you must wait for an Amtrak to come in and a freight to go out before you signal changes and you can move out. Once they both pass the junction (447) is automatically set for you. I just ran this in '19 and once the other trains cleared everything worked as it should.

Added: Note that when running in TRS19, Shortline "Task 2" has a signal problem. You'll encounter a signal that stays red regardless of what you do.... running the signal terminals the game.

Last edited:
As for the Shortline "always red" signal problem - I cloned the Route and simply changed out the signal with another. It now works as expected.

Hello everyone.

I had sent in updates for Shortline RR to N3V, and they been sitting there without hearing of anything about being released... (I wish it would happen real soon tho...)
You are free to follow more progress and post additional bugs regarding Shortline RR here

Cheers

Back