Track direction issue causing derailment and other issues

dangavel

I have a small stretch of track on my Uintah route that somehow has acquired two different track directions , I used to be able to drive it, but last night when a train was in that section it became almost stationary , it would move back and forth a few millimeters in either direction then stop .After deleting rolling stock and putting it back on the track it then moved forward a few yards and then promptly derailed. I've tried to delete the offending stretch of track but cannot do so, i can delete the bridge it's attached to, the fill underneath but the track has somehow acquired a pair of red and green track direction signs that that are running south but the next section of track it's attached to has a track sign that runs in the opposite direction which I think is green ( I don't have the computer on to check.) . Track is acting as if it has rolling stock on it, so I can't move it up or down or in any direction , or delete it. Has anyone any suggestions as to how I fix this and what has occurred here ? As I said this section used to work and hasn't had any work done to it to change anything since I last drove it. I have to fix this as it's impossible to re route the track or bury under terrain as this is a prototypical main line .

Could the red and green direction signs be a junction that is in there somehow? You could try the Track/Trackside Mode button, then Delete to see if the arrows can be deleted.

If that does not work you could use the Tools/Copy and Tools/Paste to paste a blank area over the offending area. Make sure you de-select the Height and Textures so they won't be blanked out. The redo the track and bridge from scratch.

Track is acting as if it has rolling stock on it, so I can't move it up or down or in any direction , or delete it. Has anyone any suggestions as to how I fix this and what has occurred here ?
If you suspect there is invisible rolling stock on that section then place another traincar there and attempt to attach it to the existing traincar. Then open the Consist mode in the Trains tab and delete the consist.

The signs are track likely track attachments that can be deleted using the delete button in the Trackside mode of the Tracks tab.

If the red green arrows are along the length of the track then you have an invisible train on invisible track.
Track alone doesn't have direction arrows but trains do.

Check for a consist in map view and in Find Object in the Surveyor Menu.

It is probably on a section of invisible track, which you will need to delete by copying and pasting a blank area of grid onto it.

Last edited:
If the red green arrows are along the length of the track then you have an invisible train on invisible track.
Track alone doesn't have direction arrows but trains do.

Check for a consist in map view and in Find Object in the Surveyor Menu.

It is probably on a section of invisible track, which you will need to delete by copying and pasting a blank area of grid onto it.

No consist that i could find, but pasting new ground over the offending area worked ( but only after i did it twice and rebuilt the section of track and fill. ) just how that occurred I have NO idea. Thankee gentlemen for solving my problem, i was rather worried about this development .

I am pleased that you got it sorted, it used to happen to me in routes brought from TS12 to TANE, or sometimes when I'd copy and paste a section to re-align the track.
Often the rebuild on the new blank area is an improvement on the original :)

This is why I like this forum, helping and getting help from members is a vital part of it.

Back