Happy Anniversary AURAN/N3V

butler57

I can remember seeing your first adverts on the internet enticing us all to go and be part of the AURAN gaming experience - I must admit I was hesitant in those early days (as a dad with 3 kids) to play 'games'. However, you won me over - you created a world that suggested childhood dreams and opportunities to drive a train - well maybe only in simulation - but still stimulating!
As many of us early comers to Trainz I am still here - made a few friends with the same interests and lost a few who now still hang out at the pub and dream about what they could have done.

The force is strong in Trainzland - keep doing what you are doing - seek out a New World of Trainz and lets see what 21st century of Trainz brings to us all.

Cheers!

I remember those advertisements too. I had MSTS at the time and got Auran's Paintshed for MSTS which I could never get to work, but on the box was a link to Auran. It was the old website with all the famous users and developers chatting away in the forums about new stuff in the works.

When I saw that, my heart sank because I had just invested quite a sum into MSTS and Trainz looked a lot better and easier to use. I tried the demo and it didn't like my computer and I waited until I updated my PC. By then MSTS was wearing thin on me, and I had a new video card. I tried the demo and it worked, and I checked www.auran.com again. This time there was an announcement that TRS2004 was coming out soon(tm), and I waited. When I saw it at CompUSA, I bought it for $29.95 and I've been hooked since. It hasn't been 19 years for me, but close at 16 years this coming December.

Sadly, I wasn't around (never knew there was this game called Trainz back then) until I found UTC at an Office Max store for $10.
Anyway, without going into a story of how I became a Trainzer, I did look at the Auran store, and looked at all of the fun / interesting games that I couldn't afford (as back then I was just a kid :hehe:).
The older interface of the store, and Planet Auran (what is the myTrainz page) was like a work of art personally.

I had found one of the original websites that still has the Planet Auran items (I forgot what the page was called), but it was used to make one of the Auran billboards that are on the DLS.

Cheers

Also want to congratulate everyone who helped with the start of this great adventure called Trainz. Thanks to their vision and faith in the potential of the original version, it's been a long journey, often with some circuitous side tracks, but it was always fun. Made a lot of friends along the way and lost a few to the great depot in the sky.

Just ducking my head in to say thanks for the kind words, and thanks for supporting us over the years. Here's to many more great adventures :)

chris

Back