Please don't download latest update of "Tractor Farmall 01"

Referring to a recent update of Tractor Farmall 01, <kuid2:68213:29043:4>

I didn't put this on the DLS. Please don't download it because I am actively trying to get it removed from the DLS. The textures are screwed up and there are several other things I don't like about it. More detail in this (now closed) thread;

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...Tractor-Farmall-01-quot-an-unrequested-upload

** EDIT: N3V did not delete version :4 as requested, but instead created a version :5 which also contained some errors. I have since uploaded a version :6 to fix all errors and make :4 and :5 obsolete.

Details here.

Last edited:
I still have <kuid2:68213:29043:3> Tractor Farmall 01 installed and it's status is Built-in. Within all the updates I've installed lately, I don't recall seeing the :4 update, and upon checking the versions there is no :4 to be found.

I thought it was odd that the previous thread was locked. I was going to ask if it would obsolete our :3 version....

It was locked about a minute after I posted. I was told to take it up as a Helpdesk ticket. So I did. The unrequested version :4 was on the webpage DLS this morning. That’s where I discovered it. There was no version :5 when I started this thread, but I just checked now in My Content and saw that a version :5 has suddenly appeared. Haven’t had time to see exactly what it is, but I can guess...

Last edited:
Of course N3V has to mess things up without permission just so they can add random crap for other languages...

...And that folks,is how you do an N3V.

:eek: I’m starting to think that schlimmbesserung is official N3V policy.

If you believe that the model was not faulty then you should lodge a formal complaint for breach of licence. N3V has no authority to make arbitrary changes to a model, and a model that has an out-of-date build number, or is missing some optional features, should not be considered faulty.

N3V do not really care - there is a stolen cloned loco of mine that appears as built-in in TANE and they will not doing anything about it.

If you believe that the model was not faulty then you should lodge a formal complaint for breach of licence. N3V has no authority to make arbitrary changes to a model, and a model that has an out-of-date build number, or is missing some optional features, should not be considered faulty.

Hi, Deane, this asset has been built-in to various products, I suspect those Japanese strings were added during TS12 localisation. It still gets installed as part of ECML and Hinton. It has also been distributed as part of the Mid West Grain dependencies pack on the JR website which is how it came to be uploaded to the DLS.

The license says "For distribution only by Auran." so it seemed reasonable to distribute it via the DLS. We'll be happy to check if that's not the case if/when we come across anything else of yours.

It was intended to be unchanged from the existing version save for the superficial update to 3.6. Anything uploaded with an earlier trainz-build version gets assigned to the Download Station Content Repair Group.

We're also slowly working our way through uploading the TS12 built-ins in an effort to reduce the number of missing dependencies associated with routes developed in that version. There are many routes that started or continued their lives in TS12 and are still being developed and uploaded to the DLS to this day. Your tractor would therefore have been earmarked for DLS distribution when we get to "T" as part of that effort.

My apologies that we didn't pick up those missing alpha strings in the texture.txt files.

It was intended to be unchanged from the existing version save for the superficial update to 3.6.

Uh? You're supposed to be undoing the unauthorised changes made when it was converted from freeware to payware, not doing more changes. Why should it be version 3.6? Surely that upgrade is at the discretion of the original creator.

The license says "For distribution only by Auran." so it seemed reasonable to distribute it via the DLS. We'll be happy to check if that's not the case if/when we come across anything else of yours.

Yes, distribute it, not change it.

Are you saying that if I simply put a phrase in my License tag that says "Freeware, for distribution only by N3V. No publicly distributed reskins, changes to meshes or to the config.txt file." that you will stop with the language tags nonsense? N3V can't or won't defend the supposedly English-only status of the base Username tag, but feel free to clutter up people's assets with random non-English language tags. That's not fair. So I don't want you to add language tags on that principle, but also because it increases the likelihood of technical and other mistakes being introduced, exactly as happened here.

Not only did 2 texture.txt files get corrupted, but a sound file tag somehow got an extra space added at the end, which triggered a "can't find file" warning. You obviously didn't bother to look at the amended asset or do a simple check for errors and warnings.

So your technical quality control is almost non-existent.

I also note that the Description text from version :3 was true for that version, but wasn't amended in the N3V-updated versions, so it now gives the impression that the tractor mesh was rotated 90 degrees once again, when in fact it wasn't.

All this could have been avoided if you just left version :3 as it was. I don't expect a reply, I know fully well that nothing will change in this regard.

Last edited:
At the risk of throwing more flammable material onto this flame thread (but I am genuinely puzzled) what is the problem with having foreign (i.e. other than English) language tags in the config.txt file? I just checked and according to several different and reputable sources on the web, English is only the 3rd most commonly spoken language in the world. It is beaten by Chinese and Spanish.

You could make a case for insisting that all assets use Chinese and Spanish as their primary languages and add tags containing English translations as a courtesy.

I think in this case it's more the problem of the other languages being added later and in the process of doing that some parts of the config file were messed up.

I don't really mind multilingual text in config files, but where it obscures important configuration data I always delete it too.

Last edited:
Back