Unable to open CDP file for reading

hholdenaz

The error in the title is happening with Rollins Pass stock pack part 3 every time I try to import it into TANE.

Does anybody know how to fix this? I looked online but all I got were solutions for Russian files. This one is in English

Sorry for posting to this old thread, but I have the same problem.
I downloaded the RBR Compendium from Jenolan's website. I imported the CDPs in the TS12 folder of the downloaded zip file to Trainz 12. The error message appeared only for one file, "Razorback Railway v6.3.cdp". I tried to extract the contents of that CDP file with CDP Explorer, but CDP Explorer threw error messages when I opened the CDP file in question (cannot be read after the end of the stream), though the contents were shown, as well as when I tried to extract the contents (Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.). I tried Firefox and Google Chrome for downloading, but the results were the same.

Are there any other ways to resolve this problem?

Sorry for posting to this old thread, but I have the same problem.
I downloaded the RBR Compendium from Jenolan's website. I imported the CDPs in the TS12 folder of the downloaded zip file to Trainz 12. The error message appeared only for one file, "Razorback Railway v6.3.cdp". I tried to extract the contents of that CDP file with CDP Explorer, but CDP Explorer threw error messages when I opened the CDP file in question (cannot be read after the end of the stream), though the contents were shown, as well as when I tried to extract the contents (Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.). I tried Firefox and Google Chrome for downloading, but the results were the same.

Are there any other ways to resolve this problem?

It sounds like this particular CDP is corrupted. I don't know of any utility that can read the file. This would be true of any archive-format file no matter what program it is. I have seen this with .RAR, Zip, .tzarc, and so many other formats over the years on all kinds of platforms.

the file broken but i dont know how to fix it

You would need to have access to the source files. You can't fix it unless you hire an expert in file repairs, and then they can't guarantee results.

You need to register your copy of Trainz so it shows in your Timeline. You wil get more responses if you do.

Back