Right click = left click?

autodctr

I had posted a while back about trees mysteriously appearing. I am pretty sure now that I know what happened.

I usually put trees, shrubs, bushes, etc. in a particular area. When done with that area, I check the track and make sure that nothing is planted on top of the track or too near the track. Then, I move onto the next area. When doing a large area, I will pick one tree and rapidly click to plant the trees while I am moving the mouse rapidly. What I noticed today was that when I would right click to move my area of view, a tree would be planted where ever I right clicked! This would only happen for the first right click. But, it happened nearly every time. Plant 6 or 7 trees, then right click to move the map, and a tree would be planted where ever I right clicked. Tried another mouse just to be sure, but same deal.

Any ideas?

I've had that happen with track laying. The mouse buttons became "sticky" and it wasn't the mouse. Since I run windowed, I clicked on the desktop and then the mouse actions returned to normal. Sounds like a bug that needs reporting.

Tried to file a bug report, but gave up in frustration of that area. I am still having the same problem when trying to place trees. Place 5 or 6 trees, right-click to move the visible area and a tree is planted where I right clicked. Does it at least 9 out of 10 times. Also, even after the first right-click, subsequent right clicks often do thew same.

So, I decided to use the "Place random" and used a small area at a time, maybe 50 or 60 trees. I click to begin and all seem to be well. I stop it and save. Then, I start to move trees around a bit: off of track or road surface. If I move more than just 3 or 4 trees, I am booted clear out of the game. Going back in, I am presented with a dialogue box that says something to the effect that some changes were not saved and do I want to use those changes. I reply to use the changes. However, they are not used.

So, I start moving trees again. I save my work after only moving 5 or 6 trees. Start moving again, but only get a couple moved and I am booted clear back out of the game. EXTREMELY annoying.

It is bad enough that my speeds on the DLS are artificially slowed down to those of a cheap dial-up modem because I don't send more money for a FCT, but I DID pay for the TRS17 and 19 and I would like what I already paid for to work properly. I understand that there can and will be issues from time to time, but this is absurd.

That's another issue altogether... It could be that one of the assets you placed is corrupted, or something else. Try a manual database repair outside of the game its self at the launcher and see if that helps. I had that issue awhile ago with a bad building I placed. There was something wrong with the asset and had to "sneak up" on it in order to delete it. If I pointed the camera directly at it, the program crashed. I also had some assets that would bring the route to a slideshow when these assets came into view. I removed these, and finally I also had a corrupted tree in a TS12 route. This was an old Mcguirel Maple tree among a gazillion other trees. I didn't find this one until I converted the route from TS12 for upgrade into T:ANE. The conversion process took multiple times because that particular tree disappeared from view when I placed it, and it crashed the program multiple times. This asset had some kind of mesh or texture error that caused that and I never investigated because I've since moved on from TS12.

As far as the FCT goes, the FCT is funded in part by us and is not a profit center if that's what you are eluding to. It never was and hopefully never will be. This cost goes to maintain the large multi-terabytes of storage needed for more than 1/2 million assets available for download. The people that don't purchase an FCT will get the slower lane because those that donate get that perk for doing so. N3V isn't the only one that does that. IMSLP.org www.imslp.org does that as well. You can download anything from their website, but you need to wait 30 seconds before doing so if you don't have an account and pay a small donation as well as access to their online library of Naxos recordings. If you do so, you have full access at full download speeds and free access to these recordings. There are probably other sites and companies that do this as well, but IMSLP.org is the one that comes to my mind.

First, please tell me how to rebuild the database like you suggested. I will try anything right now to try and save this layout. It is about 90% done: just needs a little more scenery completed. Driving it is no problem whatsoever.

After getting booted out for about the 20th time, I left Windows and switched over to Linux and did a few things. Switched back to Win10 and entered game. Went to move a tree that the "Add random objects" had placed on a piece of track. Moved tree. A tree moved form the cluster (?) but the original tree was still there. Moved again. A different tree came out of that tree. Repeated that about 20 times. Then decided to start counting. Out of that one tree, I moved 106 different trees!

From the small launcher window, it's Developer> repair database. (for future reference, Hold CTRL as you click Repair DB for the Extended repair. takes longer, but the process goes deeper)

Thanks much for that! Rebuilding the database allows me to move trees at last!!! I haven't tried to see if the right-click still will plant trees: will report back on that.

Question: I scrolled through my list of trees in the created list in "Place random scenery" and I had one tree that was in green print. What does that mean? (Note: every tree that I am using came with TR2019: should I be having these problems with assets that are included?)

Thanks much for that! Rebuilding the database allows me to move trees at last!!! I haven't tried to see if the right-click still will plant trees: will report back on that.

Question: I scrolled through my list of trees in the created list in "Place random scenery" and I had one tree that was in green print. What does that mean? (Note: every tree that I am using came with TR2019: should I be having these problems with assets that are included?)

I'm glad the rebuild helped!

The green-text means it's a built-in or DLC asset. The only time it's a concern is when you upload the route to the DLS. If you don't have any DLC routes, then this is a built-in asset and there's no issue then either.

Spoke too soon. All was good last night and early this morning, but now it is almost as bad as it was before.

I can move trees, but as soon as I try to move the active area, it boots me out. Sometimes back to the opening menu, sometimes even that is gone. The problem only happens when I am moving trees installed by using the "Place random scenery" thing. No other time.

One other thing: after using the random thing to place maybe 100 trees in a specified area, as soon as I stop that from happening, I always click to save it. Sometimes I get the dialogue box asking me if I want to overwrite. Sometimes I do not get that box. When I do not get the box, I have to move one tree and then when I save, I get the box.

OK: I did some research after I got soooo frustrated with this fiasco. I made a test track. Used the "Place random scenery" thingy and place about 50 trees. Saved the game and started moving them. Got booted out. Deleted that test track and made a new one. I manually placed about 50 trees this time. Moved them all over the place: back and forth. No problem at all. So, this issue seems to be only on the trees that the game randomly places.

One good thing is that the right-click no longer plants trees.

OK: I did some research after I got soooo frustrated with this fiasco. I made a test track. Used the "Place random scenery" thingy and place about 50 trees. Saved the game and started moving them. Got booted out. Deleted that test track and made a new one. I manually placed about 50 trees this time. Moved them all over the place: back and forth. No problem at all. So, this issue seems to be only on the trees that the game randomly places.

One good thing is that the right-click no longer plants trees.

This sounds like a bug Use this here to report it:

https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Fill in the steps what you did to cause the problem and what you did to workaround the issue. If you can, include screenshots, videos, etc.

Just thought that I would give an update on this.

I did file a bug report and I was very pleased with the response that I received. I told them what was happening and what I had done, they told me what they tried to do in duplicating the condition. I then tried their steps and I wasn't able to duplicate it either. SEveral emails went back and forth and we finally decided that I had a bad asset somewhere on the layout. I still have not determined which one it is, but if and when I do figure it out, I will post the results here. The problem only occurs when using something that was downloaded from the DLS.

I have to mention that I did have another interesting thing happen which I will also blame on whatever asset is bad: I was driving the trains and one of them (while I wasn't watching it) appeared not to be moving any longer. What I found was that the locomotive had disappeared! It didn't derail (I have it set for no derailments) or become uncoupled: it just disappeared. When I pulled up the list of engineers, he was still listed there but was not assigned to anything. (I do not use any AI.)

Kinda strange.

I'm glad that bug report worked for you. The QA Team is great to work with.

You'll stumble upon that asset soon enough when you're route building. I haven't been lucky enough to have a loco disappear like that. Try replacing the loco with something else, just for testing at least, and see if that helps. It could be the loco has a bad script of some kind that's causing the crash like that.

Thank you for the update on this.

Back