help for multi-industry

d55baron

Is there a flavor of multi-industry that allows for loading and unloading the entire consist, and does it work in TS12?

Since you don't specify what commodity you want to load, I assume you will load whatever the car is capable of. Then, is easy: Use "Instant load" or "Instant unload". It can happen anywhere in rour route as it is a command. M.I.N.'s can't load an entire consist in one shot, just the cars that are over the loading/unloading track. However, as you may know, the consist will move forward automatically, loading all the cars or until commodities are exhausted.

baron --

ProtoLARS might be the one you need. It's been a long time since I used it, but from memory it will load all the freight cars in a consist when just one vehicle is located on the section of interactive track. It can also be configured to load all freight cars either simultaneously or in sequence, with a defined intervals between loading cars.

Phil

M.I.N. will drive you mad trying to get it to work use LARS or ProtoLARS instead because it just does what it says on the tin everytime.

I find the JR multi works every time.The only hassle is that sometimes it wont show product in the Tracks section. I just fill in the Product section and this decides whether it is load or unload. The 10M track is good for loading on car at a time when driving manually. The track will also load all products, where Lars has limits.
Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
With LARS though you can make your own loading track to suit your own industries products which is a feature that I really like.

I faintly remember that the LARS material is on the TPR site. So I looked and found lots of LARS stuff. There is something called a "megapack" which is tempting but probably large with no guarantee it has what is needed for basic RELIABLE coal or other commodities visual activity. Then there is the fear that putting items only listed for 2004 and 2006 Trainz versions will cause more grief. Any specific suggestions to lay a basic LARS foundation?

http://trainzproroutes.org/tprdownloads/index.php?act=search&process

Last edited:
I can't remember what's in the megapack now, but it's a good variety of different commodities. With the LARS tracks it's just a case of entering the products you want in the config file to make a custom track. I made a couple for my personal GER route setup specifically for the products carried on the line and they work just fine. I just about went nuts trying to get M.I.N. to do the same thing.
I've only used LARS in TS2012 and I've been meaning to try my custom tracks in TS2019, but haven't got around to it yet.

Back