specific user dlc

How do you find uploaded content that a specific user has uploaded?

For uploaded content that you view in Content Manager the first part of the asset KUID identifies the author. Or you can sort by the Author Username column, or filter by Author.
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:ContentManager:Getting_Started#Asset_List_Columns

For DLC this will help identify the assets, but AFAIK there is no easy way to identify the author:
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:In-game_Downloading#Complete_DLC_Listing

For uploaded content that you view in Content Manager the first part of the asset KUID identifies the author. Or you can sort by the Author Username column, or filter by Author.
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:ContentManager:Getting_Started#Asset_List_Columns

For DLC this will help identify the assets, but AFAIK there is no easy way to identify the author:
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:In-game_Downloading#Complete_DLC_Listing

I see that Philskene has a lot of nice routes available i just dont know how to find them

Hi Jay --

" ... Philskene has a lot of nice routes available ... ."

Thanks for that comment. It's appreciated.

DLC - you mean as in payware? If so, at the very top of this page, Trainz Store / All DDC / tick against "Routes (39)". You will find The Bidye, The Port Zyd, The Innter Kohn Necktion, and The Shortz & Kerl (which, by the way, was originally "The Shortz & Kerliez").

There are also a number of my TRS19 layouts available (free) on the Download Station.

I've also posted a description of the DLS and DLC layouts and the sessions for them in the Trainz Forums. To find the postings do an Advanced Search, thus:

Advanced%20Search.jpg

For the DLC once you have purchased it, it should be visible in the list that appears when you start the simulation. Mouse click and download.

For the freeware DLS layouts, use Manage Content to search the DLS using the name of the layout, then download it by a right click. Manage Content will download the layout and all the dependencies.

I see you might be a newcomer here? If you need more details, just ask.

Phil

Last edited:
If using CM, make sure you have the Author Username as one of the columns (right click on the column headers and select Add column), then you can click to sort by Author Username like Philskene....

Not to complicate things, but in CM & in Game you can search for the user's unique number as instead... nice if you can't remember how to spell a username or have 1 thing by the user on a map & want to find more. The user's unique number is the 1st set of numbers in the kuid. To use it to search, in the Author field enter a number sign then the number (so #104609 for my content). This does not work on the forum.

peter

I got it figured out now. Thanks everyone for your help. I have to say i'm really liking this TRS19 i dont know when or if ill ever go back to playing my TANE again. I was creating a route in TANE how do i import it into TRS19?

I got it figured out now. Thanks everyone for your help. I have to say i'm really liking this TRS19 i dont know when or if ill ever go back to playing my TANE again. I was creating a route in TANE how do i import it into TRS19?
I make the route into a CDP, The session(s) into another CDP, and port them over to TS19. Then I use 19's CMP to ID the missing deps and either R+click> download this version, or make CDPs from the TANE recursive deps.

I make the route into a CDP, The session(s) into another CDP, and port them over to TS19. Then I use 19's CMP to ID the missing deps and either R+click> download this version, or make CDPs from the TANE recursive deps.

Yup... That method works great for transferring between the various versions. I've used this method for years.

I keep getting an error

Asset<kuid> currently open for editing
Failed to save cdp to disk

Anyone know why this is happening and what i need to do? Thanks

Check if you have any open for edit assets. Depending on which version you are using you will need to use the search feature for open for edit assets, then right click/control click on the asset to get the submit/commit/revert options.

I'd also make sure that Surveyor isn't open whilst creating CDPs.

Shane

Back