Trainz 2019 Routes Not Working

bandurfamily

ABands810
So I've been using Trainz 2019 for a while now, and really started getting into building routes and creating more stuff, so I've been editing a route from a third party website, and it works just fine when I'm in Surveyor, there doesn't seem to be a problem, but as I enter Driver Mode, the map does not show, i cannot see the map, tracks, trains, or scenery. I don't know what causes this problem. I've had this happen to me on a couple other routes, and one thing that might've caused these problems to happen is committing an asset, but I don't know, is there anyway where I can fix this problem?

Last edited:
Hello Grazlash, how do you do that.

I have done a lot of track etc editing in a session and would like to convert it to a route.

Is it possible?

Thanks and regards,

Russell

Enter into it from the EDIT SESSION tab, On the right side click open the tab that looks like a stack of paper, single click the session option to highlight it( if not already highlighted). On the bottom of that tab is a fork looking button. Click that. In the new box click ROUTE LAYER, than the check mark. Everything that should be on the route layer should move there as of the end of this step.

However, you said that you lose everything when you go into DRIVE mode. I believe that is a whole different gremlin...

I'm relatively new to TRS19 but quickly learned... (as grazlash said) When in Surveyor you are changing/adding things either to the main "Route" (Route layer) or to the particular "Session" that you are in (Session layer). You should always be aware if you are working on the Route layer or Session layer. For instance, if you are making a session and what to add anything for that session only it goes on the Session Layer. If you are making "global" changes to show in all sessions (the Route) you want to be in the Route layer.

When you edited a third party route, that route became your route. Did you also copy the session for the original route as well? This may have had trains placed in the session. All routes need at least one train and driver for the map to show in driver. You are being misled over the session thing. Every time you open the route for edit a new blank session is created so anything you placed on the previous session layer will be gone. Always open the session for edit if you want the last session layer to return. Edit session opens both the route and session. There are somethings that get stored in the session but are not in the session layer. Session layer and session are not the same thing.

Back