1914 UK East Coast Joint Stock Carriage Roster

Good heavens, I did not intend to open up another can of worms for you.
You obviously have a computer in your noggin, as I myself am unable to co-relate all that data.
Keep On Keeping On

Editing and Extra Information

Hello Jack

Thanks. I have edited post #20 to make it clearer. I also need to go back to add the new information about the 7:45 p.m. Up consist.

Posts 19 and 20 indicate what a mixture of carriages could be seen on services during the steam era. I have looked in Steve Banks and Clive Carter's book "LNER passenger Trains 1923-67 the Principal Services" and read the entry regarding the Sheffield to Glasgow through carriage. they report that "in the first years of the L.N.E.R. the NE Area provided an ex-N.E.R. BCK (2,3) and (on Saturdays) an ex-G.C.R. TK, Parker or matchboard." The carriage was meant to provide businessmen with a morning train because cross-country and other express trains from London inevitably meant mid-day or evening departures. Both had been replaced by equivalent Gresley carriages by the 1930s. So, at least the service seems to have operated up to WWII. They go on to clarify that the through carriage was attached to a "two-set of ex-N.E.R. non-corridor carriages, clerestory or elliptical roofed whose roster covered intermediate stations between Sheffield, York and Doncaster". They go on to report that the two-set was still in use with the train during the late 1930s, striking quite a contrast.

For the return journey Banks and Carter rightly say how it got back to York, though identify the departure from York as the 10:15 p.m. for Swindon, virtually a parcels train, which means that their source is possibly not the 1926 NE Area Roster. They go on to say that the Swindon train did not travel via Sheffield, so the carriage was at the rear and detached at Rotherham, possibly with a light engine coming to collect them. Bradshaw's 1922 shows it as a through train from York but does not preclude the possibility of an engine attaching to the carriages detached at Rotherham (back to that 15 minute layover). Bradshaw's July 1938 York to Edinburgh table shows a connection from Sheffield Vic departing 8:05 a.m with a TC (through carriage Sheffield to Glasgow). The return gets to Sheffield at 11:57 p.m. The Manchester to Cleethorpes timetable shows the 8:05 a.m. departure, with Rotherham & Masboro at 8:27 a.m. and York at 9:20 a.m. Southbound the table shows the 10:13 departure from York with the Rotherham & Masboro departure at 11:43 p.m. and the 11:57 p.m arrival at Sheffield Victoria.

I do not know when the through carriage stopped.

The 1914 T.C.W.I.

Acquiring the 1914 East Coast Through Carriage workings provides a much more complete picture than the extract reproduced by Harris in his 1995 book "Great Northern Railway and East Coast Joint Stock Carriages from 1905". Another revelation is that Harris omitted the page which showed that the 8:45 p.m. Down train had a Saturday variation. There is some balancing to do on the stock roster spreadsheet with the discovery of extra timetabled trains entering the mix.

There are changes to my assumptions and in particular the 7:45 p.m. Up departure from Edinburgh as well as the 12:00 Sunday Up train from Edinburgh are much more complex trains than I previoulsy thought. It is significant that the 1914 T.C.W.I. reveals the 7:45 p.m. did run on Saturday nights. It is also significant that the presence of N.E.R. carriages in the 12:00 Sunday Up departure because I now have six Down workings conveying an N.E.R. two-car Dining set (12:12 p.m. from Newcastle Monday to Saturday) but seven Up workings (the 7:45 a.m. from Edinburgh Monday to Saturday and the 12:00 from Edinburgh on Sunday). Add to that the presence of three N.E.R. corridor carriages in the 12:00 Up departure noted as working Down on the 1:30 p.m. from Normanton.

I have been determining the details about that train from Normanton. There must have been a reason to start the train there, probably the Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway connection from Liverpool Exchange (dep) and Manchester Victoria (dep 10:55) which arrived at 1:09 p.m.. A Midland connection existed from Sheffield (departure 9:05 a.m.) but arrived Normanton as early as 10:25 a.m.! A G.C.R. through train ran from Nottingham at 12:55 p.m. to York but arrived at 2:55 p.m. an hour too late to make what would have been a valuable connection. the L.N.W.R. missed a connection too, with the 10:45 a.m. from Liverpool Lime Street and 12:05 p.m. from Manchester Exchange not reaching Leeds (New) until 2:38 p.m. with York not reached until 3:22 p.m. Astonishingly, to catch Sunday's 2:04 p.m. from York a Leeds passenger had to leave Leeds (New) station at 9:00 a.m.. The G.N.R. missed by an even greater margin than the L.N.W.R., with the 11:40 a.m. Kings Cross Luncheon Car Express not reaching York until 3:55 p.m. Despite the long-standing degree of co-operation on the East Coast Main Line between the G.N.R. and N.E.R. it is surprising that in 1914 there was no effort made to provide a connection to Scotland.

Bradshaws April 1910: - Sundays Table 722: Liverpool Exchange 9:06 a.m. Manchester Victoria 10:40 a.m. Normanton 1:30 p.m.York 2:04 p.m. Newcastle 4:03 p.m.
NER 1912 - 1913: - Sundays Page 133: Liverpool Exchange 9:00 a.m. Manchester Victoria 10:55 a.m. Normanton 1:30 p.m.York 2:04 p.m. Newcastle 4:03 p.m.
NER 1912 - 1913: - Sundays Page 45: York 2:30 p.m. Tea Car Express Newcastle to Edinburgh. Newcastle 4:03 - 4:10 p.m. Edinburgh 6:53 p.m.
NER 1912 - 1913: - Sundays Page 101: Normanton 1:30 p.m. Monk Fryston picks up as required Hull to York passengers York 2:09 p.m. Newcastle 4;03 p.m.
Bradshaw's 1922: - No service located
LNER NEA 1926: - Sundays Page 93: Set No. 552 1:30 p.m. Normanton York 2:09 p.m. - Leeds and Scarborough five non-corridor carriage set with L&YR "VV" attached. No set working Normanton to Edinburgh shown.

It is not clear whether the trains in Bradshaws 1910 or the NER 1912-13 work merely from Normanton or whether the set originates at Manchester or Liverpool.
In any event, it appears that the NER 1912 - 1913 points to a likely candidate for the seventh Down working of an N.E.R. Dining set.

Last edited:
The 1914 T.C.W.I. - An Identification

A bump to the thread as a consequence of new research.

In the 1914 T.C.W.I. the identity of the RC in the Newcastle to Edinburgh portion of the 9.57am York to Edinburgh was a puzzle.

Newcastle (dep 12:12 p.m.) to Edinburgh (arr 3.31 pm)
NER RC Diag 166 30T 15Cwt 10 1st 15 3rd seats ( A Diagram 166 weighed 40T and sat 13 of each class)
NER BCK¹ Diag 174 26T 15Cwt 9 1st 18 3rd seats

This RC was subsequently attached to the 7.45 am Up departure from Edinburgh the following day, detached at Newcastle.

It turns out that in 1914 the N.E.R. did have a candidate for a 30T 15CWT Dining Composite seating 10 First and 15 Third, the Diagram 105, built in 1905. The N.E.R.A. drawing matches the weight precisely. Three were built in June 1905, Nos. 765, 1790 & 1855. They sat 10 First Class in two bays as 2+1, with a lavatory occupying one corner of the outboard saloon and 20 Thirds in three bays as 3+1 with a lavatory occupying the corner of the outboard saloon bay and one single seat omitted from the opposite corner by the door to the kitchen. If at first the carriage was also 2+1 for Third Class passengers then the capacity was 15 Thirds. While the Third Class seating at 2+1 would conform with E.C.J.S. practise at the time seating First Class passengers as 2+1 was not. E.C.J.S. First Class passengers were accustomed to 1+1 seating. I do not know how many complaints were received in 1905 from put out First Class passengers. The pantry was by the inboard First Class Saloon. The kitchen had an external door in one corner, a sliding door out to the corridor towards the opposite corner with an external door on the corridor not quite in line with it. Each lavatory had access by sliding door from the end vestibule. According to Carter, the external features were closely related to the clerestory roof carriages built for the N.E.R. for the preceding few years. They were lettered "DINING SALOON" and had 24 side windows. The N.E.R.A. drawing confirms the window and door arrangements. They carrie dlined Crimson Lake livery, which would have been very noticeable between teak livery E.C.J.S. carriages. it is a little disappointing that no photograph of them in service during 1905 has emerged. they would surely have been quite conspicuous.

A little history of the diagram, courtesy of an article on catering Carriages built at York in the North Eastern Railway Asssociation's magazine "North Eastern Express" issue 93 from November 1983 by C.S. Carter. Unfortunately, in a typo carter assigns Diagram 106, though in fact they were Diagram 105. The N.E.R. had no passenger carriages with end corridor connections in 1905 (the five Diagram 93 Mail Vans had offset ones) so there were no N.E.R. services to exploit this facility. However, Carter reports that the 1905 timetable indicates a dining saloon working north of Newcastle. He also mentions 1910 but that is in the period when the N.E.R. had built carriages with corridor connections and could have been carriages built during 1908/1909. Given that I have no access to a 1905 timetable or working instructions I have to presume that the 7.45 am Up ECJS working was established then to give a dining facility as far as Newcastle. The working south of Newcastle is a mystery for the period June to December 1905 since G.N.& N.E.J.S. workings did not commence until the end of 1905. At some point in 1905 the G.N.R. and N.E.R. utilised E.C.J.S. carriages on Newcastle to London trains as the N.B.R. complained about it, prompting the G.N.R. and N.E.R. to respond to the perfectly justified protest from the N.B.R. by authorising construction of carriages for the service. It seems likely that the E.C.J.S. carriages on the 7.45 am Edinburgh were joined to "pirated" E.C.J.S. carriages at Newcastle to continue on to London. It will take further research to determine which ones they might have been. The N.E.R. had three Diagram 105s in 1905 so I consider it likely that the one attached to the 7.45 am from Edinburgh worked all the way south to London. How it returned north to Newcastle would need access to a summer 1905 timetable and working instructions.

The N.E.R. sold No. 1855 to the N.B.R. in 1913, following that with selling No. 1790 to the N.B.R. in 1919. No. 765 was withdrawn from L.N.E.R. N.E. Area stock during the 1920s as No. 2765. Nos. 1790 and 1855 had rather longer lives. Initially No. 1855 was deployed to the N.B.R. Edinburgh - Aberdeen train as N.B.R. No. 161, with 1790 becoming N.B.R. No. 463. One of them was seen at Perth on Edinburgh to Perth services during the early 1920s. No. 463 was hired to the G.N.oS. from June 1922 for their Aberdeen to Inverness dining service. Post-grouping both 161 and 463 were allocated to the N. Scottish section as Nos. 7961 and 7962. They continued on this work through in to the 1930s. At least one was working between Glasgow and Fort William during the summer of 1948. They were withdrawn in 1952. Long lives for carriages which are so mysterious in their early lives.

So, perhaps the 1905-1908 E.C.J.S. T.C.W.I. for the portion could have been as below;

Newcastle (dep 12:12 p.m.) to Edinburgh (arr 3.31 pm)
NER RC Diag 105 30T 15Cwt 10 1st 15 3rd seats
E.C. BCK¹ Diag 47 35T 6Cwt 8 1st 12 3rd seats (An E.C.J.S. BCK could have been used between Newcastle and Edinburgh, though the G.N.R. could have complained on the same grounds as the N.B.R. did about London - Newcastle).

In 1914 if the N.E.R. supplied a Diagram 105 it would have still complied with the E.C.J.S. T.C.W.I. though in fact it seems likely that the diagram 166 RC was attached from June 1908. However, if none of the three RCs was available a Diagram 105 would suit the TC.W.I. (if not the passengers).

Last edited:
Hello Jack

In this case the N.E.R. tables for York - Newcastle - Edinburgh and N.B.R. tables for Edinburgh - Berwick and Edinburgh - Glasgow, though I can find a use for the entire roster of N.E.R. tables.

Hello Jack

In this case the N.E.R. tables for York - Newcastle - Edinburgh and N.B.R. tables for Edinburgh - Berwick and Edinburgh - Glasgow, though I can find a use for the entire roster of N.E.R. tables.

Quick tangent question. Was WW1 as tough on the railways as WW2 was? Or was it slightly different due to the nature of the war? No bombing or at least very small bombings.

Hello HotshotJimmy, the nature of WWI meant that the demands made on the railways were rather different than those of WWII.

As you say, aerial bombing was not on the scale of WWII. According to Wikipedia, Airships made about 51 bombing raids on Britain during WWI. These killed 557 and injured another 1,358 people. More than 5,000 bombs were dropped on towns across Britain, causing £1.5 million in damage. 84 airships took part, of which 30 were either shot down or lost in accidents. Aeroplanes carried out 27 raids, dropping 246,774 lb (111,935 kg) of bombs for the loss of 62 aircraft, resulting in ground casualties of 835 dead, 1,972 injured along with £1,418,272 of material damage. if I recall correctly a London school was hit in one Zeppelin raid, killing both teachers and children. The raids were confined to SE England. The airships meant to target Humberside on one raid and Skinngingrove in N. Yorkshire in another but in both cases adverse weather meant that Norfolk was bombed instead. German warships shelled Hartlepool and other east coast ports in 1914. The N.E.R. provided a loco to haul a naval gun along coastal lines in N.E. England, though not being a large caliber and without rangefinder apparatus, I doubt that they would ever have hit, let alone damaged, a German Imperial Cruiser.

Coastal coal traffic was greatly disrupted in WWI, as it was in WWII. This meant that the railways had to make up the tonnage normally sent by ship, placing quite a strain on resources. There was also a massive flow of coal north via the Highland Railway in Scotland due to the Home Fleet being based at Scapa Flow. I think that this was transhipped at both Wick and Inverness. The N.E.R. loaned locomotives to the H.R. which just did not have the number of locomotives required to haul the tonnage required. The long stretches of single line also strained the network to the limit. Naval leave trains added to the woes of the HR.

Down south, with the war taking place in France there were considerable tonnages of material moved by the L.S.W.R. to Southampton and huge numbers of military personnel to/from Southampton, Folkestone and Dover. There were shortages of manpower, as there were in WWII. Women took up jobs at various levels. Painting economies were implemented from around 1917 and materials for new building as well as repairs were in short supply. From 1916, at the demands of the government, miles of track were lifted in order for it to be laid in France to support the B.E.F. I think that Pickering - Levisham was one such singling and it was never redoubled. By the end of WWI locomotives, rolling stock and infrastructure were all wearing out with large backlogs of repairs and maintenance. The government also welched on the deal it struck with the railway companies in 1914, that they would be compensated at a level commensurate to their traffic in 1913. The government never paid up, which had consequences for many years afterwards.

Other post-war consequences; The grouping in 1923, a glut of War-surplus WD 2-8-0 locos, of which many were bought by the L.N.E.R. A glut of war-surplus motor trucks and omnibuses, kickstarting the road haulage and motor omnibus businesses during the 1920s. The coal export business out of East Coast ports never returned to pre-WWI levels, affecting docks and the lines to those docks.

Last edited:
1906 Bradshaw's

Though outside the specific scope of the 1914 E.C.J.S. T.C.W.I. I am referring to Bradshaw's for 1906, courtesy of JackDownUnder, to seek out clues for the potential uses of the D.105 RC.

The Leeds New Station - Glasgow Queen Street express departed Leeds for York at 8.50 am during 1906. Stopping as required at Garforth for passengers beyond York, the city was reached at 9.25 am. The wait at York was 13 minutes, departing at 9.38 am. The next stop for the service was Newcastle, arriving at 11.0 am. The timetable remarks "Luncheon Car Express Newcastle to Glasgow" departing Newcastle 11.08 am. Arrival Edinburgh Waverley 1.30 pm and Glasgow 3.24 pm. The return working from Glasgow Queen Street left at 5.0pm and Edinburgh Waverley 6.25 pm remarked as "Dining Car Express Glasgow to Newcastle" with an arrival at Newcastle of 9.05 pm. A rather longer wait of 12 minutes at Newcastle in the Up direction, departing 9.17 pm. Darlington benefits from a stop in the Up direction that it did not enjoy in the Down direction, 10.01 - 10.06 pm and York reached at 10.55 pm. Away from York at 11.10 pm, there was no setting down at Garforth for passengers from beyond York and the train terminated at Leeds new Station at 11.45 pm. Presumably any passenger from Leeds who set off for business in Glasgow on the previous day's down service had some means to get home from Leeds new Station at 11.45 pm!

The 9.57am Down train from York exists, stopping at Northallerton (10.37 am), Darlington (10.55 - 11.0 am), Durham (11.33 am) and Gateshead West 11.54 am, arriving Newcastle 11.57 am, where it terminates. The layout of Bradshaw's is such that column 21 is also occupied by the 9.46 am arrival at York, marked as a "Through train Manchester to York" departing Manchester Victoria at 7.15 am. It is not at all clear whether the 9.57 am from York includes the 7.15 am from Manchester Victoria or does not include it. Usually in shared columns there is a bold horizontal line between them. This train carries no notation to indicate the presence of any dining facilities.

In 1906 there is a 12.50 pm Down departure from York for Newcastle noted as a "Luncheon Car Express" Also occupying column 32 is the 12.15 pm arrival from Manchester Vic via Normanton, once again marked as "Through train Manchester to York" departing Manchester 10.5 am and is probably the NE-L&YR joint service. The layover at York is 35 minutes, which is long but not unusual, especially if through portions are being shunted. The N.E.R. had no passenger carriages with corridor connections to pair with a D.105, if indeed it is a D.105 on this train and I have not researched whether the L&YR operated carriages with corridor conncections on the train in 1906. In any event, we know that placing a dining car alongside carriages lacking corridor connections was not unknown in 1914, so is possibly also taking place in 1906. Passengers wishing to dine would have to embark the RC at York and remain with it as far as the next stop at Northallerton, which means a hastily eaten meal (40 minutes). Darlington is a more likely point at which to vacate the car (59 minutes in which to eat from York), while a diner embarking the RC at Darlington has just 51 minutes in which to eat before the train reaches Newcastle. With arrival at Newcastle of 2.44 pm it provides 1 hour 54 minutes for service. If occupying the seats for the whole York to Newcastle leg did 10 1st Class and 15 3rd Class diners provide enough trade to justify the running of the carriage? I wonder if the dining car staff in 1906 were as eager as they are in modern times to curtail operations about 30 minutes short of the terminus in order that they could cash up and be cleaned up, ready to clock off shortly after arrival? With no through connections it becomes immaterial whether the RC attached at York is marshalled at the head of the train, the rear of the train or even marshalled within it, such as between portions.

Last edited:
1906 bradshaw's

The North British Railway Timetable for 1906 shows that the 7.50 am from Edinburgh carried a breakfast car 1st & 3rd Class, Edinburgh to Newcastle. I believe that in 1906 this duty was carried out by the N.E.R. D.105 RC. The phrase Breakfast Car 1st & 3rd Class has me thinking that it was a single carriage providing the facility. The journey time from Edinburgh to Newcastle is two hours and thirty-two minutes with a stop at Berwick at 9.06 am. This gives the possibility of two sittings, Edinburgh - Berwick and Berwick - Newcastle, though if the carriage was to be detached at Newcastle I imagine that the objective was to get the second sitting completed within forty-five minutes!

It is worth noting at this point that the King Edward VII bridge at Newcastle did not come in to use for trains until October 1st 1906, despite King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra officially opening the bridge on July 6th 1906. Therefore at the time of this February 1906 timetable all Anglo-Scottish trains on the E.C.M.L. ran via the 1849 Stephenson High Level Bridge with a reversal at Newcastle Central. The engine change was not the issue, since that continued for decades after 1906. It was the capacity of the High Level Bridge and the congestion at the eastern end of the station which were the issues. Eight hundred train and light engine movements were required across the High Level bridge daily by 1900, far in excess of what Robert Stephenson envisaged in the 1840s.

I will continue to search for how an N.E.R. D.105 53ft6in RC made its way north to Edinburgh to be present for the Up departure at 7.50 am the following day.

Last edited:
A D.105 and D.27 pairing

Thanks to some correspondence I can evolve the use of the 53ft6in D.105 RC. The correspondent kindly reported an article by the late John Dawson. Several things were revealed. Firstly, that since the N.E.R. had no vestibule carriages to pair with them the company modified three Diagram 27 Van Lavatory Composites by fitting a single vestibule connection to the compartment end of the carriage. This makes them similar to the E.C.J.S. Diagram 50 Brake Thirds. This provided the company with three semi-BCKs to pair with the three RCs and must have been a revelation for North Eastern passengers on the main line. Secondly, the RC No. 765 lasted in to the 1930s. Towards the end of its life in the 1930s it was paired with two or three vestibule carriages formed the 6.20 am Newcastle to Leeds breakfast service and returned to Newcastle as a Luncheon car portion. It was also mentioned that the G.N.o.S. 8.00 am Aberdeen to Inverness service utilising N.B.R. No. 463 was a very busy service which also conveyed through sleeping cars from London to Lossiemouth.

When I look at the 1914 TCWI I see that the NE Brake Compo 4 axle 26T15Cwt 9 1st Class seats and 18 3rd Class seats matches the as-built capacity of the D.27 and is only 9Cwt heavier than the as-built D.27. A vestibule connection can easily have added 9Cwt to the as built weight. However, there is also the Leeds to Edinburgh portion, which also has an N.E. Brake Compo having the same axle count, weight and seating capacity of the D.27 paired with the D.105. I wonder if this was the D.27 rendered redundant by the 1913 sale of No.1855? There wa sno mention of the N.B.R. also buying the paired D.27 semi-BCK. This would have provided a 3-carriage corridor connected portion north of Newcastle in 1914. it grew to four carriages on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays with the addition of a Third on the leeds to Edinburgh portion, but this appears to have been a 1909 D.155 TO seating 42 making it a real 2-carriage dining set on those days. On those days at least it would seem the D.105 3d Class end was marshalled facing the north end of the train and the Newcastle to Edinburgh portion was inserted in to the train behind the Leeds portion. All carriages behind the D.27 semi-BCK were non-corridor York and Sheffield to Edinburgh carriages. I wonder how many shifted themselves to the corridor connected part of the train at Newcastle? That part of the train offered 28 1st Class compared to 58 1st Class in the non-corridor section and 51 3rd Class (WThO)/93 3rd Class (MTFSO) compared to 298 3rd Class in the non-corriodor section. Was there a rush at Newcastle to try and beat passengers embarking at Newcastle to the dining seats?

Diagram 27 Van Lavatory Composite of 1898. Ten built, Nos 2703 - 2712. I do not know which ones were converted with the addition of a single vestibule corridor connection.

Last edited:
1914 - The ECJS Summer Daytime Anglo - Scottish Expresses

Some screenshot representations of the daytime ECJS express passenger services in 1914

1. The 9.50 am. Kings Cross to Edinburgh

This is the first part of "The Scotch Express", split in to two parts for the summer season and is the faster by five minutes to Edinburgh at eight hours ten minutes compared to the 10 am departure.

2. The 10.0 am. Kings Cross - Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Perth and Glasgow

This is the second part of "The Scotch Express", split in to two parts for the summer season.

3. The 10.35 am Kings Cross - Edinburgh and Glasgow.

4. the 11.20 am. Kings Cross - North Berwick, Edinburgh, Perth and Montrose

5. The 2.20 pm Kings Cross - Edinburgh (Saturdays Excepted)

This train ran on a Saturday with a slightly different consist, which will be the subject of a later post.

Borderreiver, thanks for the screenshots! Would it be possible for you upload these configurations as consists, or at least post kuids? It would be great to be running prototypical consists on this route!

Configurations are provided earlier in this post.
Associated kuids I believe are generally nearly all shareware, Frank will confirm this.
The shareware items are available from Paul web site, http://www.paulztrainz.com
He will only require the Diagram numbers.

Borderreiver, thanks for the screenshots! Would it be possible for you upload these configurations as consists, or at least post kuids? It would be great to be running prototypical consists on this route!

Thanks Jack.
The E.C.J.S. carriages are payware from PaulzTrainz and I had him build all the types present on the day expresses on the ECML in the summer of 1914.
This was a considerable project.
I admit to tinkering with teak finishes since it is a challenge to reproduce the range of finishes which were visible on the ECML in pre-grouping and LNER days.
As usual, I will direct people to the Steve Banks webiste where he has extensive shots, some in colour no less, of LNER teak carriages.
White roofs are almost unicorn-like in their rarity (they ran behind steam locos belching out smoke, embers and ash after all) and on some the finish on individual panels varies!

The carriages for the overnight expresses run to a number of types and I have not yet had the inclination to commission them.

Regards
Frank

Last edited:
162 Carriages to ECJS diagrams available for the Pre-grouping period

Here is a list of the kuids.
162 carriages to ECJS designs for the ECJS, LNER and BR periods but 46 carriages for the ECJS period up to 1922.

<kuid:177548:152611419> ECJS 46'6' BG Diag 36 W
<kuid:177548:172611419> ECJS 46'6' BG Diag 42 W
<kuid:177548:16261443> ECJS 29' BV Diag 37 1900-22
<kuid:177548:15261151> ECJS 52' RK Diag 80A 1914-22
<kuid:177548:182631> ECJS 65'6' CK Diag 12 1900-22
<kuid:177548:15299111> ECJS 58'6' CK Diag 2A 1911-22
<kuid:177548:162614439> ECJS 29' BV Diag 37 1900-22 W
<kuid:177548:182621> ECJS 53'6' CG Diag 2 1914-22
<kuid:177548:15261141> ECJS 46'6' BG Diag 36
<kuid:177548:17261141> ECJS 46'6' BG Diag 42
<kuid:177548:124286> ECJS 53'6' FK Diag 56A 1914-22
<kuid:177548:124438> ECJS 53'6' TK Diag 19 1903-22
<kuid:177548:-1888748991> ECJS 58'6' TO Diag 29A 193 1914-22
<kuid:177548:1626112129> ECJS 56'6' BG Diag 39B W
<kuid:177548:15261121> ECJS 56'6' BG Diag 39
<kuid:177548:1242881> ECJS 53'6' TK Diag 23 1903-22
<kuid:177548:12428664> ECJS 55' RTP Diag 31 64 1902-22
<kuid:177548:12428715> ECJS 55' TO Diag 15 14 1902-22
<kuid:177548:1242871> ECJS 61'6' BTK Diag 52 1902-22
<kuid:177548:15261111> ECJS 56'6' BG Diag 35
<kuid:177548:15296111> ECJS 58'6' TK Diag 31A 1921-22
<kuid:177548:-1888758993> ECJS 58'6' FO Diag 75A 191 1914-22
<kuid:177548:152611119> ECJS 56'6' BG Diag 35 W
<kuid:177548:182611> ECJS 65'6' BCK Diag 45 1905-22
<kuid:177548:152611219> ECJS 56'6' BG Diag 39 W
<kuid:177548:16261122> ECJS 56'6' BG Diag 39B
<kuid:177548:15297111> ECJS 58'6' BTK Diag 49 1906-22
<kuid:177548:15298111> ECJS 58'6' BTK Diag 49A 1914-22
<kuid:177548:124401> ECJS 65'6' BCK Diag 46 1906-22
<kuid:177548:15299121> ECJS 58'6' CK Diag 3A 1913-22
<kuid:177548:124411> ECJS 58'6' FK Diag 58 1908-22
<kuid:177548:-1888758994> ECJS 58'6' FO Diag 75A 190 1914-22
<kuid:177548:15295111> ECJS 58'6' TK Diag 34 1906-22
<kuid:177548:-1888748992> ECJS 58'6' TO Diag 29A 192 1914-22
<kuid:177548:182640> ECJS 59'6' BTK Diag 50 1897-22
<kuid:177548:15299141> ECJS 61'6' CG Diag 2B 1914-22
<kuid:177548:1242342> ECJS 61' BCK Diag 47 1903-22
<kuid:177548:124287310> ECJS 62' RF Diag 76A 310 1900-22
<kuid:177548:124286332> ECJS 62' RF Diag 77A 332 1913-22
<kuid:177548:124287316> ECJS 63'8' RC Diag 79 316 1900-22
<kuid:177548:124286197> ECJS 64'2' RC Diag 78 197 1902-22
<kuid:177548:124286313> ECJS 64'6' RTP Diag 30 313 1900-22
<kuid:177548:1243301> ECJS 65'2' CK Diag 13 1900-22
<kuid:177548:124301> ECJS 65'6' CG Diag 6 1906-22
<kuid:177548:124287304> ECJS 65'6' RTP Diag 29 304 1900-22
<kuid:177548:124287354> ECJS 65'6' TO Diag 33 354 1902-22

A year or so back I also had Paul upgrade the bogies and sent new HD lettering.

Awesome. Thank you very much for posting these! Not DLS, looks like maybe Paul's Trainz?

Last edited:
Back