European Model Railway Club Route a WIP by Euromodeller

euromodeller

Imagineer
A project I started a long time ago and it has lain dormant, it has now become an active WIP

Mountain-lane.jpg

EN57-on-the-viaduct.jpg

Yes, it really is a model!

Europen-MRR-WIP.jpg

MR-WIP.jpg

What's behind the wall?
A top secret feature!

Top-secret.jpg

To be continued :)

A few more pix to show the set-up in the club house.

West end area...

Fan%27s-area.jpg

Heading east we have the main layout

The-main-room.jpg

Again heading east we have these rooms

East-end-rooms.jpg

East staging room

East-staging-room.jpg

The steps up to the large pixel area :)

Steps-up-to-the-large-pixel-area-%3A%29.jpg

Although this is a European themed layout I think it will also suit other mountainous areas, so I will release a version without the buildings for you at some point.

The basics are in place and the route works well, so now I have the task of adding the details to bring it alive....

OMG, I hope this gets released soon, finally a reason to start collecting some European Trainz, man I hope somebody has a nice ICE model out...…………………..

In one of your pictures, you show a steel door. How did you (if you did) resolve the handle being on the wrong side when viewed from the "other" side?" By this I mean there is only 1 steel door on the DLS and the handle is on the right. If you place back-to-back doors, then the handle on the other side is ALSO on the right.

Bill

Been a few months since the last progress update.

Any new pics for us @euromodeller ?

This is my kind of layout, looks wonderful :)

Rico

In one of your pictures, you show a steel door. How did you (if you did) resolve the handle being on the wrong side when viewed from the "other" side?" By this I mean there is only 1 steel door on the DLS and the handle is on the right. If you place back-to-back doors, then the handle on the other side is ALSO on the right.

Bill

The builders have been in and removed the walls and the doors to make it more open plan :)

Been a few months since the last progress update.

Any new pics for us @euromodeller ?

This is my kind of layout, looks wonderful :)

Rico

Thanks Rico,
Layout building is steadily progressing, but was held up due to the builders being in to remove the dividing walls near the Large Pixel Area :)
It's the detailing that takes the time.

Walls-now-demolished.jpg

Wide-View.jpg

Looking very nice indeed.

I'm curious about the all the fachwerkhaus models?

Are they on the dls, or are they from another site, or your own models?

I'm looking at making a similar layout using a marklin plan, and would like to get a good selection of these building types :)

EDIT: Never mind, LOL. I found yours on the DLS. A few others as well.
Have to look around the DE Trainz sites for some more :)

Rico

Last edited:
Look for houses by beamsun on the DLS and in CM, plus, I have another batch finished that will be available "within 24 hours", I'll put details of them in my Freeware thread when they are available.

I've been working on this route today due to the rekindled interest shown :)

Is anybody still curious as to what is in the two pixelated areas? :)

I will reveal what's in there tomorrow.
I have made a video of a test run where you can see this feature in action :D

I am waiting for the video upload to YouTube to complete, it still has 1 hour to go, it's only a 15 minute video!
When it's done I will be heading to bed.

First time I've made a video and uploaded it, lots of trial and error to get a suitable one made.

Well the video was OK on my PC, but on upload to YouTube the visual quality was poor. I'll make a new one as soon as I can.

As promised, I will now reveal what is in the Large Pixel area :).......

This-is-what-is-in-the-Large-Pixel-area%2C-a-helix%21.jpg

and this is what is in the Railfan Viewpoint.....

Railfan-Viewpoint%2C-a-pair-of-Helix%21.jpg

Action-on-the-Helix.jpg

The video will show them in action.

Last edited:
Back