Will this ever get Patched Correctly?

jjeff1955

I dislike complaining but, 782 Hours of Frustrations!

The Dev's and Help Desk are denying the issues, avoiding all reports Dev's telling me that it is a PC issue, WRONG!

Newly Built High end PC, Windows 10-64 / 1903, 4x SSDs Raid-0,
GTX 1080 Ti FTW3, 32 Gigs Memory, Ryzen 3800X, no blocking Software, Tested

The Positives.
---------------
1. The Interface Options are Clean and easy to work with compared to the older Versions.

2. Very Smooth Frame Rates average 60 FPS with my Large Custom Maps.

The Negatives, Tested on several High End PCs.
Using the Built in Content and Payware Content
-----------------------------------------------------
1. Content Manger only works part of the time, spent way to many hours waiting for it to submit edits, fails, then have to click it again 2 or 3 times then it finally will submit the edit.
Told that it was my PC causing the issues, No. Not the PC as this was Tested on 2 other New PCs and the same Commit issues. Nothing related to other installed Software causing a Blocking issue, Tested all possibilities.

2. Surveyor when editing a Map is just plain Poor, Very erratic, Bounces all over the place even with the Slider set to Minimum Try to move forward with the Right Mouse Button and it will bounce into the Sky, and you lose your work area. The Older Versions of Trainz did not have this issue.

3. Very Poor Draw Distance for the Ground and Mountain Textures at very close Distances, Making the Drive Map Quality very Poor Graphics. Partial Naked and Broken Mountains, even up Close, less than a Mile away, Partial Draw ins.

4. Surveyor Zoom back goes into Map View to quickly, need more Zoom out for Detailing High Mountains for Editing before Map View Starts. Poor Zoom Options.

Dev's deny the issue and state this is for Performance Reasons, that is in NOT CORRECT and just a plain old excuse not to fix it. That is what an Option Slider is for so you can turn it down if need to. 15000m only works for the Distant Content, not the Ground Textures, Good for 9.8 Miles does not work with the Ground Textures.

5. Save the Map and then come back and it does not remember the finer Details and the Track & Roads will be Floating, or buried in Relationship to the Ground.

6. Night Lamp Textures look very Poor, creates a huge Pure White Square on the Ground, Carz, and Aircraft Headlights are Square Boxes. Alpha transparencies do not display properly. The same with the Nickle Plate High Speed Train DLC have to turn off 8x aliasing down to 4x to fix the Nickle Plate Steam Engine Head Lamp issue.

7. Enabled Physics causes Steam and Smoke effect issues.

8. Poor Sound Quality, Popping Loop Splices, Farm Animals Loud Pop when Sound Starts.

9. PBR Textures Bury The Roads and Tracks, and cause Ground & Mountain Melting effects as you pass by them.

10. Lamp Textures Bleed right thru the Interiors of the Train Cars, and also the Signal Housing Lamp Shrouds when passing by the Signals & Crossings disturbing the interior ride effects. Outside floating Text also bleeds thru solid interiors, Cab and Train Interiors.
Dev's state that it is a 3rd party Content issue, again NO as it is Built in Content.
Floating Track Side Text should be invisible as it is disabled in settings Contextual Options.

Any insight to this version of Trainz 2019 would be appreciated.
I do not understand why the Dev's will not help with some kind of reasoning to what may be done about this Version of Trainz.
I would be very pleased if they would tell me something Positive instead that is is always my New PC that is the Blame, Sad indeed.

Last edited:
Since such a general disaster has not been reported by others. As gruesome as it might be, a reinstall of the N3V stuff from a fresh download may be the best step. Such problems not occurring on browsers, which ain't simple, seems to reduce the probability of hardware. The only 99% probability is that your problem is in your PC alone and not the publicly available software. Only N3V failing really says reinstall.

I can say that I have not recently experienced any of those issues on either of my two TANE/TRS19 systems.

1. CM failing to commit assets on some occasions (but not on others) was an issue I had with an early TANE beta build but have not experienced it recently. I did report it as a bug but, as I could not reliably reproduce the problem, the devs had little if anything to work with.

2. Erratic surveyor movements - I have not experienced this.

3. Draw distance issues - since I do not have the super GTX graphic system you have I do not have my draw distance set to any large value, so I have not seen this issue.

4. Surveyor zooms out to map display "too quickly" - this is a matter of personal preference. I have no problem with the default zoom out speed (in fact it could be a little faster if anything).

5. Save not remembering "finer details" and roads floating - not sure what you mean by "finer details". Track and roads "floating" - have not seen this with track but floating roads only became obvious when they started casting a shadow after a TANE SP upgrade (I think it was!!). Solution - roads need to be laid closer to the ground and there is a config.txt fix for this that was discussed in these forums quite a while ago.

6. Night lights have always been an issue - causes are many and at least partly a problem with the way night lights are created in different assets (because the effect can vary between different assets)

7. Smoke and steam issues - there was some discussion on this in these forums some time ago and it seemed to affect only some locos, not all. I have not noticed it in the locos I use.

8. Poor sound quality including "pops" - sound has always been an issue and it does need an upgrade but I have not noticed any "pops".

9. Not yet into PBR stuff so I cannot comment.

10. Lamp textures bleeding - I have not noticed this but I do very little in the way of night sessions.

My 2 cents worth.

I get the "melting" PBR textures on jaggedy cliffs. I also get some popping sounds on some routes with their crossing gates bell. A few of them on the Cotton Belt route pop but not all, actually that is the only route out of 57 I have installed that does that. I beleive this is because they are older assets.

PBR has an elevation component that will spread to other assets within a few feet of the PBR texture. Keep them away from PBR stuff. If you see edges of a texture or other asset breaking up, move adjacent PBR item away. You may have to do an auto-match-to-ground for splines to fix edges.

I have the same video card, a bit more RAM, and an older 59xx series CPU and don't see any of these issues outside of the audio problem with some assets.

I recommend excluding the TRS19 data folder and program folder from antivirus scanning. Antivirus/antimalware programs can wreak havoc with performance. The Trainz data is compressed into Tzarc files that are decompressed on the fly. Antiviruses love this stuff and see each file that's decompressed as something new to scan. Since our content is nothing but meshes and textures, there has rarely if ever been any malware associated with Trainz content. With that said, however, still scan the folders as part of your weekly/daily malware scans, but as I said disable real-time scanning.

If your video is stuttering, I recommend setting back the sliders. There are a lot of factors that can cause this including lots of overly-built assets with poor LOD, too high a resolution textures, and way too high-resolution meshes. Lots of Speed Trees in one area can kill performance so reduce the number of trees, and set the display slider back to normal instead of high detail for the trees.

Turn off the PhysX. There is a known issue with that causing weird things to happen such as poor performance and odd smoke issues.

What about heat? It's summer time and that causes components to slow down so ensure you have plenty of cooling.

To fix the sound issue for non-built-in and payware (DLC) content:

You need to open the assets for editing in Explorer (done through Content Manager), and use a program such as Audacity to adjust the gain level to zero. The start position of the sound is set to +1, causing the click when the sound is looped. This is an error that occurred when the original author updated the asset to increase the volume of the sound, but instead of increasing the volume, increased the gain instead. One the asset is fixed, close folders and submit it again in content manager.

Since such a general disaster has not been reported by others. As gruesome as it might be, a reinstall of the N3V stuff from a fresh download may be the best step. Such problems not occurring on browsers, which ain't simple, seems to reduce the probability of hardware. The only 99% probability is that your problem is in your PC alone and not the publicly available software. Only N3V failing really says reinstall.

Thank You for your replies pware, Jcitron, and boleyed and suggested help. Much Appreciated.:)
I have Reinstalled it several times on Different High End PCs, Not bragging whatsoever, but I am a 65 Year PC Tech and kinda of know what I am doing with theses PCs.
I know 100% sure that it is the Software,

As far as Heat and Antivirus Software,
1. Water Cooled, Video GPU Max 62c Montered at CPU 43c on 2nd Monitor
2. Virus and Anti Malware Programs turned off temporarily in the Services, can not turn off Windows Defender in Windows 10 Services, is Grayed out Denied, and that can be a possible issue.
3. These issues still persist on other New PC, Windows 10-64 /1903 also.

The reason others have not Reported these issues as they probably have the Retail Boxed Version, I have the Steam Client Version and there are not that many Steam Client users.
I have not Tried installing on my Windows 7-64 Pro PC, it should run it as it has the AMD FX 9590 CPU and the GTX 1080 Ti FTW2. I will give that a look see and see if it is a Windows 10 Compatibility issue.
Kind Regards.:)

Last edited:
I can say that I have not recently experienced any of those issues on either of my two TANE/TRS19 systems.

1. CM failing to commit assets on some occasions (but not on others) was an issue I had with an early TANE beta build but have not experienced it recently. I did report it as a bug but, as I could not reliably reproduce the problem, the devs had little if anything to work with.

2. Erratic surveyor movements - I have not experienced this.

3. Draw distance issues - since I do not have the super GTX graphic system you have I do not have my draw distance set to any large value, so I have not seen this issue.

4. Surveyor zooms out to map display "too quickly" - this is a matter of personal preference. I have no problem with the default zoom out speed (in fact it could be a little faster if anything).

5. Save not remembering "finer details" and roads floating - not sure what you mean by "finer details". Track and roads "floating" - have not seen this with track but floating roads only became obvious when they started casting a shadow after a TANE SP upgrade (I think it was!!). Solution - roads need to be laid closer to the ground and there is a config.txt fix for this that was discussed in these forums quite a while ago.

6. Night lights have always been an issue - causes are many and at least partly a problem with the way night lights are created in different assets (because the effect can vary between different assets)

7. Smoke and steam issues - there was some discussion on this in these forums some time ago and it seemed to affect only some locos, not all. I have not noticed it in the locos I use.

8. Poor sound quality including "pops" - sound has always been an issue and it does need an upgrade but I have not noticed any "pops".

9. Not yet into PBR stuff so I cannot comment.

10. Lamp textures bleeding - I have not noticed this but I do very little in the way of night sessions.

My 2 cents worth.

A quite negative and useless 2 cents worth then, in particular for the OP! - why post it?

Rob

Last edited:
No pware you are not useless!
I really appreciate any suggestions that you may have, I may be a PC Tech, but that does not mean that I am Perfect and not make Mistakes, and need to check the Dumb Crap first. Lol.

Last edited:
I cannot remember where it is on this site, but there is a thread posted by IIRC "Davesnow" about how to use Audacity to eliminate the annoying pops from the sound files. had something to do with the sound's SINE wave being off center on the spectrum, and recentering it removed the popping.

I think the OP was referring to the fact that the scroll out goes into map too soon making distant viewing of the ground a problem. My interpretation

10. Lamp Textures Bleed right thru the Interiors of the Train Cars, and also the Signal Housing Lamp Shrouds when passing by the Signals & Crossings disturbing the interior ride effects. Outside floating Text also bleeds thru solid interiors, Cab and Train Interiors.
Dev's state that it is a 3rd party Content issue, again NO as it is Built in Content.
Floating Track Side Text should be invisible as it is disabled in settings Contextual Options.

Built in only means it is part of the Base vanilla install. In CM, set filter "Builtin=TRUE" and all built in assets that are not "Auran" are indeed 3rd party.

jjeff1955, this is what I found and do now when using pbr textures under and close to tracks, roads etc.

With regards to the pbr burying tracks etc, the paint scale dial is turned completely to the left when texturing under and in a smallish area outside of the tracks. Any PBR texture that is mixed and under the tracks and nearby need to be the same scale. The "classic" textures should be replaced in the same area if used, this can be done easily with the "replace tool".

If there is pbr texture painted in the area with different scaling just out from the tracks/road, partial burying can occur too with the tracks and roads. Re do this area with the dial scale same as what is under the track. The track will show correctly - most times. Sometimes the ground needs "smoothing", but I found it is more the scale of the texture which rights things.

Once further out from the tracks, different scaling can be done.

I also found if wanting to use a classic or pbr textures together (not with tracks/roads) use the "Bulk Asset replace tool > In Selected Area" to merge the joins. Instead of drawing out a "square" or just re painting over the merge which may not end up looking very good (as can get a "texture line" in between the pbr and 2d textures), with the mouse pointer use a straight line, do not draw it out to the square shape. May need to do this a couple of times depending on what look is wanted. The textures seem to blend a lot better. Of course some textures merged like this do not play nicely, but I have found a lot do.

I have the problem with the semi distant and furthur out hills looking like they are "melting" in blocks. The melting block will render correctly when closer. This is with pbr texture and when replaced with "classic" still have the same issue but not so noticeable. Changing AA, view distance makes no difference. Anyways, will keep experimenting.

I personally do not have problems with CM submitting, zoom or other fast mouse issues so far. Perhaps it is not a trainz issue but more to do with mouse software? If you have a non generic mouse (eg gaming mouse), can you make a seperate profile in the mouse software for trainz and experiment with the dpi etc? High dpi will have the mouse, when right clicked, bouncing around the map like on a bungy cord.

Thank You again for your Help, I did disable the Mouse Software and it did help some..
I did off Shaders Ultra to Standard, this eliminates the Texture Melting Effects.

Another issue is that my Custom Map will randomly go into an error state.
Example.
2146 <kuid2:60318:10009:2>
2147 <kuid2:30671:9100810:2>
2148 <kuid2:30671:9110411:2>
2149 <kuid2:30671:9110412:2>
2150 <kuid2:30671:9130213:2>
2151 <kuid2:46162:60001:13>
2152 <kuid2:151900:100039:2>
2153 <kuid:101046:104433>
2154 <kuid:101046:104357>
2155 <kuid2:203465:10334:3>
2156 <kuid2:203465:10335:3>
}

<kuid2:203465:10334:3>
2156 <kuid2:203465:10335:3>

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Not supposed to be there below the other above lines, have to remove those 2 lines to fix the error, happens when trying to place Trees.
The Kuid number <kuid2:203465:10335:3> is the Hopper Freight Car that I have in a Switch Yard.

Hers is a couple of Pics show the very Poor Graphics.
Steam Links
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1818517749&fileuploadsuccess=1
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1818503661&fileuploadsuccess=1
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1818505246&fileuploadsuccess=1

My favorite quote is
Change The Way You Look At Things, & The Things You Look At Change.
Sometimes hard to Practice, but does work to avoid getting Angry.

;)

Last edited:
You can't turn off Defender in Windows 10 because that also handles other things as well including the firewall and other system protection, but you can exclude the antivirus part from scanning the TRS19-related folders.

I don't use PBR textures so I don't have much to say about them other than that they look like jellyfish guts and do other weird things.

Could you list out your actual TRS19 performance settings rather than put them in one large paragraph. I would like to take a look at them and compare them to mine. It's easier that way rather than needing to decipher information. I don't know much about your CPU since I'm an Intel user, I can't help there, but I do have the same video card, but air-cooled and do not see that kind of performance drop.

Thanks John, Lol on the PBRs that look like jellyfish guts, Yes, that is a good description!

You can still use the PBR Textures for High Quality Scenery Texturing, just turn down the
Shaders from Ultra to Standard and that Jellyfish Guts are gone and also the Track and Roads
will not get buried by them. Much easier to work with and PBR still looks like 3D form a distance.

I will get some screen shots of the settings tomorrow as i have retired for the evening.
The file that I posted is from my Custom Map Config at the very end of it. Not serious as it has happened
several times and is easy to fix.

There is one Screen shot posted here. Post Processing is set to Ultra, Texture Detail set to High,
Water Quality High, no Texture Detail Ultra settings available as seen in the Pic.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...ploadsuccess=1

I am using Vipre Internet Security 2019 and it is not set to automatically Scan anything, I do Manuel Scans.
The Firewall is set to allow full Steam Client Server full Access, even when turned off, the Content Manager still
hangs on Commit Edits, weird is that it will do Revert edits instantly with no hang at all.
In Game Settings are all at Ultra Maxed out, with no Performance issues, except the Texture issues.
My Video Card is not Water Cooled, only the CPU is.
The FTW3 is not having any Performance issues at all, and just Loves this Game as it runs it Butter Smooth.
The only issue is the Draw Distance of the Close up Mountains will not fill with the Textures very good.
Thanks Much! Kind Regards.

Last edited:
A quite negative and useless 2 cents worth then, in particular for the OP! - why post it?

Rob
i feel for the op, this is a nasty situation, my only suggestion would be go back to using TANE. I'm not overly impressed by 2019 , the new procedural track looks utterly crap when one isn't using the nvidia drivers ( i have a radeon card as I am on a Mac )
But Rob, since you havent offered any help , why did you reply ?
Why did i bother to reply to your post ? I have nothing to say either , other than your post was a waste of time. ........
as is mine... if we kept this up , this thread could go on for a looooong time
:D

Last edited:
Commits can be slow for assets created with FBX and having complex mesh arrangements such as traincars and especially steam locos. This issue has been around since TANE so I'm used to it. I'm committing such assets all day long.

I did find John's comment about real time virus checking interesting since Trainz has to load lots and lots of data from disk. I've run TANE/TRS19 on HDD, SSD and M.2 SSD and I can't see much difference between the two.

Using the Built in Content and Payware Content
-----------------------------------------------------
1. Content Manger only works part of the time, spent way to many hours waiting for it to submit edits, fails, then have to click it again 2 or 3 times then it finally will submit the edit.
You can't submit edits for payware or build-in. If you mean that this is happening for assets that aren't payware or built in then it usually indicates they are in use. Do you have a route open in driver or surveyor?

2. Surveyor when editing a Map is just plain Poor, Very erratic, Bounces all over the place even with the Slider set to Minimum Try to move forward with the Right Mouse Button and it will bounce into the Sky, and you lose your work area. The Older Versions of Trainz did not have this issue.
That sounds like a mouse issue. Adjust the mouse settings in Windows, or use a different mouse and see what the result is.

3. Very Poor Draw Distance for the Ground and Mountain Textures at very close Distances, Making the Drive Map Quality very Poor Graphics. Partial Naked and Broken Mountains, even up Close, less than a Mile away, Partial Draw ins.
Quote an example. Turn on camera position reporting and advise the route and camera position at which the problem is observed. Then post an image with a description of the problem.

4. Surveyor Zoom back goes into Map View to quickly, need more Zoom out for Detailing High Mountains for Editing before Map View Starts. Poor Zoom Options.
See #2. Describing something as 'poor' is usually not helpful - exactly what are you doing, what do you expect to happen and what actually happens?

5. Save the Map and then come back and it does not remember the finer Details and the Track & Roads will be Floating, or buried in Relationship to the Ground.
Another case for an exact example. You should consider that other people aren't seeing these issues, so it is difficult to guess what you are concerned about.

6. Night Lamp Textures look very Poor, creates a huge Pure White Square on the Ground, Carz, and Aircraft Headlights are Square Boxes. Alpha transparencies do not display properly. The same with the Nickle Plate High Speed Train DLC have to turn off 8x aliasing down to 4x to fix the Nickle Plate Steam Engine Head Lamp issue.
See #5. Show an image with a description of what you expected to see. What is the headlamp issue?

7. Enabled Physics causes Steam and Smoke effect issues.
Do not enable PhysX simulation. Your graphics card has the real thing and does not need the CPU to simulate it.

8. Poor Sound Quality, Popping Loop Splices, Farm Animals Loud Pop when Sound Starts.
Examples needed. There are many assets that have very ordinary sound files - the answer is to not use them. Popping is usually caused by too many simultaneous sounds - this could also be poor quality assets.

9. PBR Textures Bury The Roads and Tracks, and cause Ground & Mountain Melting effects as you pass by them.
Yes. If you want to use PBR you have to understand what it does to the ground surface level. Even N3V has problems with this. Some people avoid all PBR.

Corona bleed is a very old problem apparently associated with the way that these light sources are handled. It can be fixed in some cases, but without knowing which assets you are referring to it's difficult to be precise. Text should not bleed through and suggests a fault in the mesh - something that only the original creator can fix. The issue of errors in built-in items, which cannot be edited, is an on-going sore point which is apparently being addressed. Most of these items should not be built-in, which doesn't solve the problem but at least means that anyone can fix it (where possible).

You should disable the Defender Antivirus, you can't kill the service, but disable the real-time scanning via the control-panel interface if you have another antivirus product loaded. Running two antivirus products at the same time can cause very bad performance issues overall. Vipre is an excellent product, which I've used for many years and actually beta tested the very early version of the product as well as talked directly with the founder of Sunbelt way back in the day. The company has now been sold to someone else, and at some point I stopped using the product.

Even if you allow the full Steam client through the firewall, and disable real-time scanning on your Steam-client. Do the same with TRS19 executable as that still goes through the firewall to access the authorization server, DLC server, and DLS. Also disable real-time scanning on the TRS19-related folders including the data folder. On a Steam-based version I don't know where the data is so you'll have to check that by opening your settings and viewing the install tab on the Launcher.

As I said before, turn off PhysX because you don't need it and it causes weird things to happen with smoke as well as cause performance problems.

Turn down some of your video settings if necessary. There is no reason to run them full tilt always.

Provide your settings here so I can compare with mine since I have the same video card and my system doesn't exhibit the same issues.

Thank You SailorDan for replying with Possible fix ideas.

I now have over One Thousand Hours invested into this Trainz 2019, and a wasted 30 Hours of this is waiting for the Content Manger to Commit Edits, Lol.

1. The Content Manager is still not committing most of the Time on non Payware Content. It has a Mind of it's own it will quickly commit for a bit and then starts hanging with that access file error.
The type of Content I was working on was my own Custom Map and several DLS Items that needed Sound File repairs.
It will just hang most of the Time and I have to click Submit Edits about 10 Times in a row with 10 Pop Ups and then it will finally commit to a Modified working state.
The weird thing is the Revert Edits never hang, they commit instantly to a reverted state.
No maps or Routes are open that would cause the File Access errors.
Also when Saving my Custom Map Work then closing the main Menu and I come back to find that My Map has a Severe error as it did not save correctly, when I open my Map and look into the Config there are erroneous Kuid Numbers added at the bottom of the config file and I have to delete them to get rid of the error. Happens to often when placing the built in Trees.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Windows Defender is not enabled in my Windows 10-64-1903 Build as Vipre Internet Security 2019 is handling all of the needed Protections.
I even turned off Vipre to Test for the issue and it was not the Vipre causing the Commit issues.
Tested this 2019 on other PCs as well and the same issues.
------------------------------------------------------------------

3. There is a Bug that has been Verified with the Beta Support Team on the Poor Draw Distance issues and they are looking into it.
They called the Mountain Textures the Beauty Layer not drawing in correctly, even at a close Distance. All Built in Textures have this issue, it is not just the PBR Textures at fault.
Other Content can be seen Miles away, and the Ground Textures will not be seen even at close up distances, they slowly draw in when moving forward and this looks terrible for a quality Mountain View Landscape.

4. I found the Solution to the PBR Textures, I set the Shaders from Ultra to Standard and the Textures still look very very good, no more Ground Melting jelly Fish Guts.
And also the Roads and Tracks never get Buried by the PBR Textures anymore.

4. My PC has the Power to run all setting at Max, I am getting a Steady 60 fps with no fps drops. Physics is Turned off.

5. The Surveyor issue is a Bug in the Game as when you are low to the Ground and fairly Level, pushing the Mouse Right Button Forward it will Jump way up High into the Sky and it is very annoying. Tested for this issue on the TRS 2006 XP PC, and it does not have this issue, you can push the Mouse Forward and the Cursor can go to the Top of the Screen without that nasty Jumping upward issue. Not a Mouse or PC Caused issue, it if for sure in this New 2019 Surveyor that was not set up correctly for Mouse Editing.

6. Almost forgot about the Disheartening Content Bug at different View angles. I have the Drunk old Man Content walking along, also the Real People Content which is Hilarious to watch, Great (3rd party Content!)
But when you rotate certain angles they Vanish, the same with a lot of other Objects as well, another Trainz Bug.
Train Tracks and the Roads will also Vanish and I have to restart the map to get them visible again.

I did manage to Repair all of the Bad Popping Sound file with the Tool called Audacity, it has a Noise Removal filter that worked Perfectly.

All in all this 2019 is still very Good and Playable, but needs to be in a better Quality State than it is in now.
It s a Darn Shame that I can not get the Trainz Plus Updates, I am not Founding them $14.99 per Month, Lol, ridiculous for a Gold Member account that I do not need and would never use.
I do not have any Problem with Purchasing Quality DLCs. I have already Purchased the DLS Exclusive Downloads for one Year for Faster Downloads.

Sorry but that is a Money Grab Situation to be a Special Member for just a few extra things that should have been included with my Trainz 2019 Purchase.
Updates should be given to us asap with out trying to make us Pay for them!

Last edited:
I must try that solution for the jellyfish guts. Hmm.. I never thought of that. There's some nice textures and assets i've avoided because of that underlying issue.

I have the same video card you have and also have great results. EVGA makes a nice solid product. I don't push my system quite as hard because my hardware is a bit older - ca. 2016 and I'm running a 59xx series Intel chip and not a Skylake or later CPU.

Regarding the disappearing people. Yeah... That's been around for awhile. It's actually a content issue and not a bug with the program. Someone posted the reason why this occurs with these assets, but I can't find it (search stinks), and it's too complex to explain clearly probably because I don't remember all the details.

I've had tracks disappear only once and I solved the problem by changing the textures I was using for the ballast. Weird I know and I intend on reporting this, but I've been busy with non-Trainzing stuff lately.

The committing issue. Try committing a fewer number of assets at once if you have a lot of stuff open for edit. I find it easier too to keep track of stuff as well. It could be what is called a thread lock occurring. From what I remember from something posted awhile ago on the locked file message is that this is a covers everything type of message and there could be other "things" taking place in the background. So instead of doing 100s of assets at once, try 10 or 20 at at a time and see if that works.

Regarding the testing we're doing in the Plus version.... You may see these things eventually in the regular version so think of yourself as blessed as not being in the beta. With that said I will let you know that you are missing out on the new features like the seamless switching between Driver and Surveyor, the additional cameras, and some interface updates that make doing some things a lot easier.

The program isn't as bad as you make it out to be. The core is quite solid. I was one of the earlier NDA beta testers and we reported hundreds of bugs and hundreds of bugs have been fixed with more to go, but like any program there are bugs and all we can do is join the beta when offered, and report bugs, and report more bugs when it's released. I use Surveyor for hours on end (I've had it running for 10 hours or more, and even Driver on some days for at least 4 hours because I spend 99.99% of my time in Surveyor and always have.

The majority of the issues you speak of in your posts have to do with content. N3V does not make the content, or makes very little for that matter. The content is created by third-party contributors with the most of it being free. Without the good will of these content creators, we wouldn't have what we have. The unfortunate part is the features were not always documented well after Auran got split up, and herein lies the problem because people would do things that weren't always right, and in the earlier days, the program error-checking wasn't there. Couple that with the tons of older content that isn't made as well as the stuff is today, but was made at the standards for the times. It looked great and worked great in its day, but its day is past. I have no regrets deleting old stuff.

I will say that with every version of Trainz since TRS2006, there has been an increased content error-checking filter with stricter and more stricter rules. If content is made to the standards of the build they are supposed to be at, the content will work fine, but there are outside the box issues with some of this content where the content creator got creative and used undocumented "features" to make stuff work. These outlier cases will fail the internal checking and the assets will be rejected. The fact that 99.9% of the content we have works in this version is amazing.

Yes there was a lot of earlier issues with content due to creators replicating the same config.txt file, changing things but forgetting others, and without the checking these issues got passed by. Today, however, it's a different story. There is a dedicated group of users, along with N3V, who are repairing and updating content so all content that's on the DLS is error free. At this point in time, I think they have repaired closed to 12K assets with a lot more to go.

Last edited:
Back