stopped working.

EJB

start 2019 as usual and the building trainz asset database starts. no biggie, happens since all the downloading setting up the database.
it gits to checking faulty assets then shuts down.
has been working perfectly and i am impressed with the presentation of the routes and equipment.
any ideas how to fix this?
thanx
ejb
also is there a gamma slide on the game like the trs 2012 had?

The gamma (brightness) slider is to the right of the sun dial in environment settings.
Try holding shift and starting DBR for an extended DBR.

database will only go to checking faulty assets. about 3/4 of the way then shuts off. i have not been on the game until this afternoon. computer off while away. thanx for the comeback alikiwi
than grazlash for the gamma slider. when the game was running(still learning) it was really bright.
ejb

I would then suggest firing up Content Manager and running a 'faulty' filter then disabling any faulties which are third party, modified, installed from DLS, then try a DBR. I've found that faulty built in assets are usually caused by the lack of an update somewhere, usually a library file or other dependency.
There have been hundreds of files updated recently, so it's always prudent to check for out of date assets, download the updates and be sure to delete the obsolete files afterward.
cheers
Graeme

can't get content manager to open since the database repair cancels any more checking of the problem.i seriously do not want to re-install. i haven't had the time to run a copy of the local from the prior game and it has a lot of crap that 2019 doesn't use.
i actually got further with 2019 than i did with Tane.
thanx again
ejb

Would you happen to be using a copy of your T:ANE database with TRS19 perhaps? Or, more to the point, how are you transferring assets into TRS19 from older installs?
Graeme

sorry it took me so long to get back. not i went from 2012 to 2019.. i never could get Tane to work at all. almost a month fixing assets and never saw a train run.
2019 was working fine until i shut the computer down to help my stepson. when i turn the game on this problem showed up.

If you could never get T:ANE to work, then I'd be suspecting your pc has a problem. I could get it to work on a ten year old pc :)

i apparently had something go wrong in Tad. i removed the local folder with my assets and replaced them . it seems to be working. now the page that you choose surveyor, locomotives etc etc show some environmental thing.
also one route showed up without the safetran signals(weird). i put that on the back burner, after removing the affected route and re-installing it. no joy on that deal.
strange only one route did that. also the only one i have actually put the ladders on.
oh well i'll do that in spurts whenever i feel like doing a few 50 miles or so.
maybe i didn't understand tane enough but i haven't really had a terrible experience with 2019.
i can't quite believe how many trees we lose with 2019 and my AMTRAK F40 ph. had that fellow a long time. hope to try the turfex soon since i have to replace many weeds and this looks like a plan
thanx for your help
ejb

i can't quite believe how many trees we lose with 2019

You lose none from TANE. Trainz 12 uses an older version of speedtree.
Ensure you've installed all your TANE DLC and builtin content using the in-game downloader and not by copying stuff across using Content Manager.

not to sound stupid but where are TANE DLC found? i have a Auran speed group 08 kuid2:523:1167:1 which i can move around but cannot sink into the "ground". i also have tree green group also by Auran Kuid:565830:100075. the tree group shows up in TAD but cannot be accessed. to bad since each tree in the group assumes the level of the "ground". a nice feature and useful fillers in the forest.
like i said the presentation of the trains is superb and not as much glitching as 2012 had. not being a computer nerd i am getting a foothold and running trainz.
are the TANE DLC on the discs? thanx for your help by the way.
ejb

not to sound stupid but where are TANE DLC found? i have a Auran speed group 08 kuid2:523:1167:1 which i can move around but cannot sink into the "ground". i also have tree green group also by Auran Kuid:565830:100075. the tree group shows up in TAD but cannot be accessed. to bad since each tree in the group assumes the level of the "ground". a nice feature and useful fillers in the forest.
like i said the presentation of the trains is superb and not as much glitching as 2012 had. not being a computer nerd i am getting a foothold and running trainz.
are the TANE DLC on the discs? thanx for your help by the way.
ejb

Speed Tree Groups are obsolete assets and are only available for legacy routes that use them. The reason is they caused really poor performance and did not work as intended in most cases. If you really want to use the Speed Tree Groups you need to open up the config.txt file and change the tag permit-listing from 0 (zero) to permit-listing 1 (one). The words in the parentheses is for clarification so you don't type in an o or I.

Once changed, save the config.txt file, and submit the asset.

Now keep in mind if the asset is built-in, you can't do this since editing builtin or DLC is not an option.

can't get content manager to open since the database repair cancels any more checking of the problem.i seriously do not want to re-install. i haven't had the time to run a copy of the local from the prior game and it has a lot of crap that 2019 doesn't use. i actually got further with 2019 than i did with Tane.
thanx again
ejb

How did you move content from 2012 to 2019? because this may be the reason Tane and 2019 have a problem. Both require assets to be saved in a different way and routes are a complete new package in how they get saved and read.
It is easier to import a route and download all the assets for it from new. A lot of assets have been updated for the newer versions because you can not just transfer all asset across from older versions.

Last edited:
TS12 to TRS2019 routes import "with issues". The route its self may come in fine, but the Speed Trees do not due to a format change, thanks to IDV, the Speed Tree development company, who made changes in the underlying code without any upgrade path, forcing us to abandon old version 5.x and below trees for the the version 6.x ones we use now.

What we've done to move routes up to TRS19 is to replace the Speed Trees with something else that is compatible in both versions. Clam1952 made some nice billboard trees which work well in both versions, and transfer over nicely, and RMM made Speed Trees that are obsoleted in T:ANE and up with his newer and better ones.

Track and most other assets will transfer over fine, but a lock, stock, and barrel database clone will not work and content needs to be exported and imported. Keep in mind too that this works only for non-DLC assets, and the built-ins will have issues when transferred as well and don't always look good when repaired.

sorry i haven't replied to your post.
the problem is these are auran trees 565830:100075 (tree green group)and 2:523:1167:1(speed tree group 08). they show up in content manager but not in the game.
another issue is the track( especially the rails only, and roads. they float above the "ground".
is there a fix for the roads and track? you can fix it manually . it is pretty bad when the rails only actually have shadows under them. not complaining but these are problems that need to be addressed to really make the game really nice.
good to see you JCitron. you helped me get the AC4400 locos going in 2012. with these locos you can't add the driver'why that has to be done manually i'll never know, the skin changes are not doable but they are with Norfolk southern 37 locos. go figure.
once again thanx for the reply
ejb

Back