ATLS Question (Crossing with Trains and Trams)

Prince271088

Hi all,

I have a section of my route where my tram line crosses a section of freight line so have used a level crossing (an idea I got from Australia but hey). The issue I have is for love nor money, I can't get any tram signal to go to red, when the train activates the trigger to start the lights for the LC. I have traffic stoppers in place for the road traffic with a slave set to LCM and it works fine but the tram signals stay on clear the entire time which is pretty annoying.

I have the tram set up on route 1, and the rail track set up as SPL but so far it does nothing. Could someone please tell me what I am missing?

For clarity I have tried using triggers on the tram line set to monitor on route 1, and also with no triggers and got the same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ben =)

You need the ATLS tram stoppers which are invisible in driver. Placed on the tram track each side of the crossing. I don't use tram signals near the crossing, just the ATLS UK AHB self contained or ATLS UK MCB lights with a barrier. You can not mix LCM and Route 1 on the same channel as the controller will only use one of them. All signals have to use Route or LCM in order to work together. It can be used as a route but you need to have two controllers (Do not try unless you know how) on the same channel. Have a look on my ATLS advanced demo as that set up is in the middle of the map.

Last edited:
Hi Stagecoach,

I used the tram stoppers and the various other pieces you mentioned. I will have a look at your advanced demo for sure.

Basically what I need to happen is for the tram signals to remain clear until a train approaches the crossing, then the tram signal goes to red/stop along with all of the road traffic when the lights for the crossing activate. What I don't want to happen is for the trams and train to completely intersect each other. It's ok if I'm manually driving the tram, but obviously the AI would simply would drive on through as the signal shows clear. Hope that makes sense anyway. If I have questions regarding your demo I'll let you know.

Ben =)

OK so if I did that, that would mean they will go red when a train activates the level crossing on the freight line but will otherwise be green?

What I don't want to happen is for them to immediately be green as soon as the tram approaches if a train is passing as well.

Hi Prince,

Have you looked at my Tram Level Crossings. These are designed to have a tram cross a train track. They are UK style.

See KUID2:76656:28511:1 - KUID2:76656:28514:1 ATLS Xing Tram on the DLS.

Boat

Back