Should payware have bugs?! S&C 9F windows are glitchy.

Davie_UCF

Here since 2001, Trainz!!
Bit mad when you decide you're enjoying trainz 19 and want to support the company buying a pack you already had for TS19 then realise it's worse in this version...

What is this about?
2019-07-23-221555.jpg

The cab window is a mess!
A lot of the 'glass' appears to behave like this on this addon.

Ideas?

Bit mad when you decide you're enjoying trainz 19 and want to support the company buying a pack you already had for TS19 then realise it's worse in this version.
If the product is faulty or not as advertised then you should apply to the seller for a refund or repair, like you would for any other purchase.

Does changing to a higher anti-alias setting in Trainz performance settings reduce the opacity/ increase transparency of those cab windows when viewed in external view?
(Max is 8x).

If the product is faulty or not as advertised then you should apply to the seller for a refund or repair, like you would for any other purchase.
The product IS as advertised, that it is made for and compatible with TS12. The fact that it works at all in TRS19 is a bonus not a feature. It works perfectly in TS12.

Hi Davie_UCF
Could you possibly confirm for me which versions of the 9f are showing this issue, so that I can double check them here.

Regards

The product IS as advertised, that it is made for and compatible with TS12. The fact that it works at all in TRS19 is a bonus not a feature. It works perfectly in TS12.

But wasn't it supposed to have been re-worked and sold as updated for TRS2019, certainly the route had some replacement track dropped in. Think that's the point the OP is making... :)

In answer to the general question I would however say yes. As per a conversation I read in another thread, if you're creating something to sell for money - either as part of the built in content or payware DLC, then there is a much greater responsibility to make sure everything works properly and to accept any reasonable constructive criticism. Test, test and more testing until you're sick of the sight of the thing is a mantra I use for my own freeware stuff (why I never end up driving the route after release), so that should apply equally or more to payware. For the TRS2019 version, such errors should have been picked up by the developer or N3V prior to release, unless of course it is one of N3V's "let's break everything" code changes that broke something might have worked okay in the earlier version.

Hi Davie_UCF
Could you possibly confirm for me which versions of the 9f are showing this issue, so that I can double check them here.

Regards

All of them as far as I can see. It must be because they're old assets and haven't been touched as the old free version 'Black Prince' from the DLS has the same issue.

Not sure about the other locos with windows like the Britannia, I was just taken back by the 9f

Diffuse, Ambient and specular for the left and right Window im files need changing to
Diffuse and Ambient 90 90 90
specular 255 255 255

Same values as for the fixed windows in the main mesh.

It then appears the same from all directions.

Diffuse, Ambient and specular for the left and right Window im files need changing to
Diffuse and Ambient 90 90 90
specular 255 255 255

Same values as for the fixed windows in the main mesh.

It then appears the same from all directions.

Is that something an end user can do?
I noticed it appears ok with the anti aliasing up full, but I don't think I can afford the performance hit.

So long as they are not locked both AWS ones are. The rest of them here are all locally modified, think because I fixed some other problem a while back and images2tga worked on them, doesn't on the AWS ones may be able to do it in TS12 though. For the rest you can I think using IM editor from N3V's Content creation software page here https://contentcreation.trainzsimulator.com/category/software/

There are quite a few assets suffering from this problem.

Hi All
Thank you for the reports, unfortunately this does appear to have slipped through when the DLC pack was re-packaged for TRS19 (note, most TANE DLC packs have simply been made available for TRS19, they have not necessarily been upgraded for TRS19, although most should work without any errors). Unfortunately, in this case, it appears that the creators has configured some material values incorrectly, which may have been less obvious in previous releases, but are more obvious with the legacy material handling in TRS19 to enable them to work with the new PBR materials/systems.

Also thank you to clam1952 for the current work-around/fix.

I have entered a report so that our team can repair these assets when the DLC pack is next updated, however I cannot currently say when this may be.

Regards

Back