Change Driver and Schedule

boleyd

Train pulls into the yard. The AI driver instructions are complete. Now I want to use that same train, but with a different driver and a new set of instructions. Is there a suggested set of commands to get this done?

Last edited:
Train pulls into the yard. The AI driver instructions are complete. Now I want to use that same train, but with a different driver and a new set of instructions. Is there a suggested set of commands to get this done?

You can try get off train for the first driver and move to train for your new driver. I may have the name wrong, but I've seen something like this before but never used it other than manually.

Question is do you want it to be all done AI or as JCitron said move them yourself.

Drivers don't actually change once allocated, this can only be done by you. The train can do another schedule by using the copy commands from and select from the library.

Hi.

Driver command MoveToTrain <kuid2:71155:60004:2> by _mutton_ enables in a driver schedule to move the current driver from the current train to another target train. I have not use it for quite a long time, but it should still work fine under compatibility mode in Tane and TRS19. You need to check it still works. If not, it should not be difficult to rewrite such a new command for Tane and TRS19 …

Regards.
Pierre.

Hi.

Driver command MoveToTrain <kuid2:71155:60004:2> by _mutton_ enables in a driver schedule to move the current driver from the current train to another target train. I have not use it for quite a long time, but it should still work fine under compatibility mode in Tane and TRS19. You need to check it still works. If not, it should not be difficult to rewrite such a new command for Tane and TRS19 …

Regards.
Pierre.

I can confirm it works perfectly in TANE and TRS2019.

Peter

Hi.

Regards.
Pierre.

If the driver still has driver commands left, the above command will not work as all those commands will be lost. Move to train at TM command is the only one that allows the driver to take any unused commands with him to another loco.

If the driver still has driver commands left, the above command will not work as all those commands will be lost. Move to train at TM command is the only one that allows the driver to take any unused commands with him to another loco.

<kuid:131986:1007> MoveToLoco will take the commands with it.

Last night moving a driver to another LOCO caused the receiving LOCO to assume a copy ID of the sending LOCO. This morning a move resulted in an unassigned (displaced) driver and the target LOCO had the MOVED driver. Or in simple term it worked.. There may be some conditional situation but for now it looks good.

Last edited:
Back