Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Sydney Cityrail 2020 Project (In Development)

I am currently going through some procedures to learn how to create the PBR textures I need for this layout.
    Last edited by rjord1; August 29th, 2019 at 05:52 PM.

The screenshot below is from a series of videos from BlueWizard and it shows the look and feel of the scenery he has created which I am looking for in this route.

Instead of accurate attention to detail Bluewizard creates a vista which is artistic and breathtaking. I think this would be great if I can recreate Sydney with the same look and feel as what BlueWizard created.

I am impressed in how he created the water for his route and this is something I am currently adding to the Sydney layout.

During the last 12 days since my last post I have been working on adding new textures and objects to my project including a custom rail track using pictures I have taken at the local railway station.

The picture below shows some of my work in creating the new sleepers and this morning I am finishing up the ballast which I am creating using a picture taken at Wollstonecraft Station.

Hi there,

I just bought TransDEM. But my Map on the Map Tile servers is too small.. How do I fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Martinnguyen1778 View Post
    Hi there,

I just bought TransDEM. But my Map on the Map Tile servers is too small.. How do I fix it?
    Did you follow the YouTube video step by step?

Quote Originally Posted by Martinnguyen1778 View Post
    Hi there,

If you are still having issues can you post a screenshot so I can see what the map looks like?

Hi, apparently it is my 4k monitor that is causing the issue. Haven't had time to muck around with the program much. How are you going with your route?

hi guys just been reading all this and i am currently working on the new south wales route full just started with using Transdem 5 days ago and since learning test routes i have pumped out fair amount Canberra line from junction south Goulburn turned out well like how the program i using lays roads n tracks and the landscape if awesome too

so far i have blue mountains line to bowenfields full network to bomaderry maitland moss vale all the way to yass junction done its making it easy n is real scale

any one wishing get there hands on some plain routes throw us message see what can work out

cheers guys love the work others doing keep it up every thing looks great

Is this still in the making ? And if so how are you going with it Roy ?..

Quote Originally Posted by patrick.reen1 View Post
    Is this still in the making ? And if so how are you going with it Roy ?..

I am glad to see this back to life again. A bit of a Worry, is that the dude seems to have disappeared again! Anyway, there is a Few more of us here on this thread, that are Interested in creating Sydney, And can 3D Model as well, So all is not lost.
    Last edited by Christopherd18; July 3rd, 2020 at 08:05 AM. Reason: dumb spelling mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by railway_simulation View Post
    hi guys just been reading all this and i am currently working on the new south wales route full just started with using Transdem 5 days ago and since learning test routes i have pumped out fair amount Canberra line from junction south Goulburn turned out well like how the program i using lays roads n tracks and the landscape if awesome too

so far i have blue mountains line to bowenfields full network to bomaderry maitland moss vale all the way to yass junction done its making it easy n is real scale

any one wishing get there hands on some plain routes throw us message see what can work out

cheers guys love the work others doing keep it up every thing looks great

This does Interest me too. I also Have TransDEM, I am Interested in checking out some plain/bare routes, Especially if you used JOSM, like the dude did below. I want to see how it turns out.

It looks like he got the results that I was thinking of. It would definitely be interesting to use, the 1 Meter DEM, When he said he had problems with it, my heart sank....

Then it unsank, when I read he is using it now. I also found 1:25,000 Topomaps for pretty much all of Sydney. They are on the Six maps, NSW Spatial site.

I just threw you a message. lets compare notes, I am also interested in testing some bare routes, Or even just pass me a TransDEM Project folder, On your One drive, Or google . I want to see that this works, correctly, and that I can repeat it with Australian Places. (Especially Sydney) especially when we have so much open Info, for Sydney. (Good on Sydney Trains and NSW Gov, for making this possible)

The last Time I used Australian DEM, there was some problem. I just dont want to sit for ages downloading GB's of Data that does NOT open in TransDem.

I haven't been on here for ages, I just noticed I have a small backlog of messages, about just this subject.

Ive built a Sydney based route using TsansDEM & google maps etc which covers most of the metro area lines & freight routes. Some scenery installed but as Im mainly interested in scheduling AI I dont worry about the scenery.
    Route Includes:.
    City Circle, Central to Parramatta, Bankstown line, East Hills Line Main South to Malden, South to Sutherland, Carlingford line, Main North to Hornsby.
    Signalling is all based on real and several EIT's installed to control complex junctions at Sefton, and other sties.
    North Shore from Milsons Point to Hornsby is a WIP. as is Parramatta to Emu Plains.

BTW - most of Southern NSW main and branch lines have been built by myself and others so there is already a significant amount of NSW content on the DLS.

PG
    Win10-64bit, Intel I7, 32GB RAM, TANE on SSD, GTX1050Ti.

Hi, Is it possible to get a copy of the route ?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopherd18 View Post
    This does Interest me too. I also Have TransDEM, I am Interested in checking out some plain/bare routes, Especially if you used JOSM, like the dude did below. I want to see how it turns out.
    I have a 5m Sydney network DEM with JOSM extracted tracks (Without Richmond branch) if you would like to see it. It's 209mb cdp.
    Cheers, Dom.

Is this available in TANE ? If so would I be able to get a copy ?

Cheers, Pat.