Older versions

ShawPete

Hi All

I have Trainz 2009 & 2010 and TANE but I for various reasons I haven't been able to use them for a couple of years.

I tried firing them up this evening, separately, and nothing wants to work, if I try to start the programme the screen drops to "safe" resolution and is pretty useless, it also messes up all the other windows.

A blurred screen saying updates are needed basically doesn't do anything.

The computer configuration has not changed over the same period and the programmes worked before.

Help appreciated.

Peter.

You say your computer configuration hasn't changed since you last used these versions of Trainz but can the same be said for your OS, I tried tinkering with Trainz 2004 on Windows 10 the other week and as others have reported it was a big no go.

Its difficult to diagnose issues without grasping at straws unless the machine is sitting in front of you but I think I would reinstall T:ANE from scratch, preferably from a fresh download which would include all the current fixes and give you a reference to work from. I appreciate you have not touched Trainz for a while but assuming your computer OS is up to date whatever the version of Windows/Mac you are using, can you really be sure an update hasn't damaged or made a file relating to Trainz unusable. Peter

I tried tinkering with Trainz 2004 on Windows 10 the other week and as others have reported it was a big no go.

2004 works on my W10 laptop, a fairly simple machine with integrated graphics, and in a window as the laptop will not accept the recommended screen resolution, but nor on my desktop with a 1070 video card.

Ray

Back