Enhanced IT Towers

harmarsox

I am in the process of moving content from TANE (Mac) to TRS 19 (Mac). In TANE I have used Pguy's Enhanced IT Towers and Tower Manager with good success. Under TRS 19 I am finding that some of the defined paths do not activate on a consistent basis. When I start a session I have to open tower manager and then check every defined IT tower to see if all of the paths activated. If one or more paths are not active, I then have to exit and restart the session -- a major nuisance. Any ideas?

Hi Harmanox.

Are you using TRS19 standard version or TRS19 plus (with unified surveyor driver mode) version ? Currently version v62 of EIT should work fine under TRS19 standard version but does not actually support under TRS19 plus switching back from driver to surveyor (switiching from surveyor to driver should work). And reloading a saved session may also encounter sometimes a few problem.

I am currently working on a new v63 version, that includes a full rewrite on how EIT are initialised, to fully support TRS19 plus switching back and forward between surveyor and driver mode. I hope to start some extended beta testing next week or the following one and to be able to publish the new version before mid August. The new version will also be compatible with Tane SP4 and TRS19 standard (that is also a reason for the delay as currently tests needs to be done under the 3 environments : Tane, TRS19 standard and TRS19 plus edition. It should also fix some problems encountered when reloading some saved sessions).

If you are interested in trying the new version while it is under beta test : just send me a PM with your email address so that I can send you a cdp with the new version to test and check when it will be ready for beta testing probably next week.

Regards.
Pierre.

Last edited:
Pierre

Thanks for the offer to beta test -- I am an infrequent user so should probably pass. I am concerned that I wouldn't get testing comments back to you in a timely manner. I'll watch for v63.

Harold

Hello Pguy,
i use TRS19+ and i've updated your content to v63.
In this moment i have in every Enhanced Interlocking Tower the problem that i cannot edit any pathes.
How and where can i reset the "Active" pathes to "Clear"?

Hi Joth.

As you are asking how to reset some active paths, I suppose you have run your session in driver mode and you have switched back to surveyor mode while you were in driver mode with some paths already used and active for some trains.

With TRS19+, when you switch back this way to surveyor mode, the current underlying driver simulation is not reset to the initial surveyor mode state but only paused in order to be ready to continue the current driver session when you will switch again to driver mode. This means for tower and paths that all ressources needed for all the active paths are not released but are kept in order to be able to restart the simulation where it was just before toggling back to surveyor.
As editing a path may change the list of the path ressources needed (junctions, signals, crossings, tcbs, exclusive set name, … ), only towers with no path active can be edited. If any path is currently active in a tower Trainz will not authorize to edit the tower or any of its path to prevent breaking some active paths ressource during edition.

To be able to edit a path, you can either use the EIT monitor in driver mode to check for a tower that all its path are inactive before switiching back to surveyor. If all the paths are inactive when you switch back to surveyor, the tower and its paths should be editable. You can even while in driver mode, use the monitor to cancel any path on the fly. But be aware that if you have manually cancelled some active paths, you will probably cannot continue your session when toggling back to driver mode.

Another solution is to quit driver mode and return to the main menu, and then re edit the session in surveyor. This way you will reload your session as it was at the begining of the session with no paths active, and all towers and paths should be editable.

Hope this helps.
Regards.
Pierre.

Hello Pguy,
Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, I could not restore the interlocking towers. it was hard, but I had no choice but to place new signal boxes and program new pathes.
I miss a button to reset the "Active" to "Clear".
By the way: you are doing a good job.

Last edited:
Pierre-- I have a small route I'd like you to take a look at. It's a segment of a double-track mainline which has a Y to a branchline that ends at a portal. The branchline has a pass track between the portal and the mainline. There is one train sitting between the portal and the mainline that enters the pass track and the mainline correctly, but the two trains that emerge from the portal appear to lock the pass track entrance switch in the wrong direction and get stuck in the wrong direction despite the path defined correctly and direction markers that do the same thing. At that point the session fails. Could I PM the route to you? Chuck

Hi crb001.

No problem. Just make a cdp with your route and session, and any dependencies not available for download on dls, and send me the cdp by email (I will PM you my email adress) or PM me a link to download the cdp on any public server you have access to.
Add also any explanation usefull to understand and repro your problem and I will have a look to it, probably not this week end but certainly during next week.

Regards.
Pierre.

Back