AI trouble - Failure to depart.

i'm building a route around a Seaport, controlled by dwarf signals, and experiencing difficulties with AI trains delivering Crude Oil. After unloading,the command schedule advances, but these trains do not depart for their next destination,and cannot be restarted in AI mode. The work-around is to manually drive the train off the Seaport asset, and then restart it on plain track. Can someone please advise how to set up signals or train commands to avoid this stoppage? Thanks

Concrete_Bob - Typically, I place yards on both entrances/ exits of the Seaport built-in asset to manage consist queues and traffic through the port. I also put track marks on these yards to ensure consists use the correct entrance line, siding or exit.
Having a track mark close to the Seaport exit and directing your Crude Oil train there after unloading may be the best way of ensuring that your consist can find the path to the next driver command (in this case the "drive via (or to) name-of-track mark").
It might be that your next destination according to your schedule is too far away for AI to resolve...

Concrete_Bob - Typically, I place yards on both entrances/ exits of the Seaport built-in asset to manage consist queues and traffic through the port. I also put track marks on these yards to ensure consists use the correct entrance line, siding or exit.
Having a track mark close to the Seaport exit and directing your Crude Oil train there after unloading may be the best way of ensuring that your consist can find the path to the next driver command (in this case the "drive via (or to) name-of-track mark").
It might be that your next destination according to your schedule is too far away for AI to resolve...

Thanks, will give it a go.

Another thought occurred to me since your original post - perhaps you've got a couple of the dwarf signals too close together on the track leading from the crude oil unloading point?
I also use dwarf signals on my yards at either end and have just one or two per track inside the seaport terminal itself to prevent following trains rear-ending others unloading ahead.
From previous experience, I've learned to keep these to an absolute minimum, to avoid run-time AI performance issues, especially with longer trains.
Nevertheless, having a nearby exit track-mark designated for your follow-on command should do the trick as outlined above.
Good luck with it!

Back