The problem of loss of objects

CiceronMT

This is how Trainz 19 works. Attached meshes following LOD-tracks appear and disappear in a random way. With each release of Trainz, it seems to me getting worse and worse. This is the latest version I bought. :(

I can post a video with the disappearance of the spline and animated people who were perfectly visible in previous versions (before TANE SP2).

Last edited:
The second video shows the exact same issue with tracks I get in several routes (included payware and DLCs from N3V). Reported many times, still present.

The second set of houses look to be fine, so I suspect the first set will have something in their setup causing the LOD to be culled. Provide the KUID for the assets and we'll take a look.

<kuid2:400089:36:2>,<kuid2:400089:39:2>,<kuid2:400089:40:2>,<kuid2:400089:41:2>

In the video the same asses, only from different angles. Route <kuid2:400089:333:28>.

The problem is in the way the asset is constructed. It uses dozens of attachment points which means the objects cannot be stitched together which means is performs poorly. To avoid this, some attachment points are culled earlier (and this depends on a few things including slider settings and camera angles).

The solution is to replace asset with the individual items (you can get the KUIDs from in the config file).

I'll get the team to take a look to see if there are other options available.

I can see that this asset drops the animated mesh: <kuid2:370528:1162:1> n_man_walk_3
This asset doesn't: <kuid:439337:101102> SAP_n_man_walk_3

In regard to the first issue, the parent object has a bunch of attachments to which a number of child assets are attached. The parent objects origin is near the end of the grouped assets so when the origin of the parent is culled from the draw distance so are its children.

The creator can either change the original of the parent to be in the centre which doesn't fix the problem entirely it just offsets when it is culled.

To avoid all assets getting culled when the parent does, the best solution is to just not make inefficient objects like this and place items individually then copy/paste them around the route.

This bug with a missing animated mesh appeared in TANE and remained in Trainz 19.
It was reported at the time but there is no information about whether it was fixed or not. It also occurs for assets that use an extended animation path - if the zero point for the path moves out of the viewing area (including distance) then the whole asset disappears. It is most obvious if 'process objects behind camera' is turned off. The simple fix is to provide an option similar to 'collision-data-generation-mode' to create a bounding box that encloses all attachment points.

The problem is that these objects felt great in Trainz 12 and TANE, and now they didn’t, that means something has deteriorated in the core of the game. These objects are designed to reduce the time required to create places, since copying is possible only at an angle of 90 or 180 degrees, for objects placed, for example, 35 degrees relative to the section boundary, correct copying is impossible. The essence of the question is that things that are usual for previous versions of Trainz cease to work normally, and it is impossible to alter maps for each new version (even if you learn about the problems that arise after you buy a game). I did a map for about 10 years and changing objects on it is a waste of time, especially since there is nothing to change.
<kuid:370528:1277> this is an active link https://cloud.mail.ru/public/5ByE/244HJxEyg

Last edited:
Unfortunately these assets are also "designed to hamper performance" and/or "work around a bug that existed in that build that is now fixed". The fact that one version of the animated man works and one doesn't indicates that there is a content issue and that it is fixable.

Another way of looking at this is that the old asset still works in the old build, so if you want that asset to work as it did, then use the old build.

If you want the benefits of lots of bug fixes, performance improvements, added features etc, then use the newer version, and replace that asset.

There are many "workarounds" that we implement to ensure as much compatibility as possible, but ultimately there will be some assets that will require updating to work correctly in the new version.

This is a wonderful offer, but I would like to be concrete. How exactly should I change the config <kuid: 370528: 1277> so that it does not disappear in Trainz 19? No new program like AssetX has been released yet, what should developers do? Here is an example. New tags appeared in the configurations of the tracks: track-type, track-condition ... But Wiki never wrote anything about them. I do not know how to work blindly - it is a waste of time.

Last edited:
How exactly should I change the config <kuid: 370528: 1277> so that it does not disappear in Trainz 19?
That asset is not available from the DLS so it is not possible to refer to it precisely, but the general fix for this type of issue is to create a mesh (a simple box will do) that encompasses all of the attachment points for the attached objects. Make sure it is invisible. This ensures that when any part of this mesh is within the scene of view then the asset (with attachments) will be shown. This is what the application ought to do automatically for your, but won't.

AssetX works just fine with the newest versions of Trainz assets. Track wiki for build 4.5 is here or here. If you can believe an item is missing it should be reported to the help desk.

Thanks for the advice! Some of the objects I really can not upload to the DLS, since I lost the passwords to the previous account. Placing them under the new ID is problematic, since these people and objects have long been installed in different routes and under another ID they simply will not appear in exchange for the old version.
But AssetX has a maximum build of 3.8.
P.S. Through experiments, I found a solution to the problem of endangered attachment houses. Now I have to redo all configs. It is a pity that the developers of the game did not immediately indicate this in the Trainz 19 FAQ.:eek:

Last edited:
Thanks for the video. That track appears to be fine in a stand alone test route. What is the route the video shows?

<kuid2:400089:333:28> This is the "Crimea" route. I tried to replace the disappearing tracks to the built-in tracks, but it does not help. Splines that have more than 2 LODs disappear randomly, each time you start this problem with some other spline. Sometimes after the launch, no spline disappears, but this is rare. On small test routes, I did not notice the problem. Probably, the problem is related to the number of processed objects.
P.S. This problem appeared in TANE SP2, so I use TANE SP1.

Last edited:
As already reported many times, the issue of track disappearing randomly in front of or beside the camera occurs in any kind of routes, 3rd party free or payware, built-in, DLCs.

3,5 years later....
The issue still exist in TRS19 and TRS22.
I've noticed that the issue arises during relatively heavy sessions that last more than a few hours. It seems like some sort of cache is getting clogged, or something similar, causing rails and splines to stop loading properly. Meanwhile, the CPU/GPU/RAM usage is minimal. For example, I have an i5-14600kf/32GB RAM/GTX1070/Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, and the issue persists.
Are there any progress, maybe someone know?

Back