White Splines - Track Missing but...

G'day all.

I am stymied. I have successfully installed a route and have no errors yet when I am checking things out...

I have missing tracks!

Screenshot%20-%207_14_2019%20%2C%201_32_37%20PM.png

Can anyone help me understand and fix this?

Thank you

KevinB

I got this from an old blog post ages ago:

The dashed white lines isn't "a missing asset" - it's the asset that Trainz turns to when it can't find the asset it is supposed to draw there. These white lines are, in themselves, an asset. You can find this asset in CM. It's called "Missing spline", and it's by Rob. Open it for edit. Change the KUID from <kuid2:523:1124:2> to <kuid2:523:1124:3>, and remove the whole privileges container (containing the line "permit-listing 0") Then install that asset as if it were a new asset - e.g. drag the folder from windows explorer back onto the CM interface. Once it's installed, revert the original one (you can't commit changes to it as it's a built-in asset). Result: The dashed white lines now show up in the menu, and can be selected just like any other track spline. You could lay some down if you wanted. More to the point, you can now use the 'replace items' tool to change them to any track spline you have installed...

I will add this. When you install the folder, use the install content option. This will save so much time. Also don't panic when the creator is shown as AURAN.

When you are done, before you submit your updated version, you need to run PEV's Images2TGA to fix the .texture error.

Hope this helps.

While you are at it, you might want to fix that floating track too on the left. That's really annoying!

Thank you, John.

I need to digest your instructions -- espc the run the PEV bit. As this is for my use only, do I still need to do as you describe? If so, I've not used that tool previously. A wee bit of advice might be required..gulp...hh

Again, thank you

KB

John,

I don't understand the part about "...and remove the whole privileges container (containing the line "permit-listing 0") ..."

Could you offer a wee bit of insight please?

Thank you

KB

KB

In the config.txt file, find and delete this bit (we call it a "privileges container");

Code:
[FONT=Verdana]privileges
{
  permit-listing                        0
}[/FONT]

or simply change it to this;

Code:
[FONT=Verdana]privileges
{
  permit-listing                        1
}[/FONT]

Then follow the rest of John's instructions.

The intent here is to allow the up-versioned "Missing Spline" to appear in Surveyor's list of installed assets instead of being unlisted. Being visible in the list allows it to be used in the Bulk Replacement feature. Why the original "Missing Spline" was not made visible in the list is beyond my comprehension.

Last edited:
Without the need for config changes, simply use the get asset button in the bulk asset replace tool, then click on the missing spline asset and it will fill the asset to be replaced box. It can also be added to a picklist via CM and dragged to the bulk replace tool.
What would be handy would be the ability to choose the replacement type, as in fence, shrubs, roads etc. rather than just track.
cheers
Graeme

Without the need for config changes, simply use the get asset button in the bulk asset replace tool, then click on the missing spline asset and it will fill the asset to be replaced box. ..
cheers
Graeme

Hey that works. The "Get Asset" button in the Bulk Replacement tool brings up the Missing Spline, but the "Get Track" tool in the tracks tab does not.

Back