A masterpiece real-world model railroad

I don’t think our virtual 3D railroads could ever match the level of detail shown in this 15 minute video, but it contains some great ideas that might inspire content creators. Things overgrown with weeds for example...

Last edited:
Not students of the “Less is More” school. That is for sure.
The craftmanship is superb, but there is simply too much happening and that ruins the experience for me. It’s like they wanted to do an all out Norman Rockwell Americana tribute to the Golden Days and in their sheer joy of creating beautiful vignettes forgot to look up. Again, amazing and inspiring in the detail, but as a whole....
In Trainz however, this Slice of Life style will work perfectly, because we have the luxury of unlimited space. Our Challenge will be to find scenery objects matching those shown on the layout.

Not students of the “Less is More” school. That is for sure.
The craftmanship is superb, but there is simply too much happening and that ruins the experience for me. It’s like they wanted to do an all out Norman Rockwell Americana tribute to the Golden Days and in their sheer joy of creating beautiful vignettes forgot to look up. Again, amazing and inspiring in the detail, but as a whole....
In Trainz however, this Slice of Life style will work perfectly, because we have the luxury of unlimited space. Our Challenge will be to find scenery objects matching those shown on the layout.
This is the big downside with model railroads...lack of space,so builders tend to cram too much into the space , ridge and tunnels that are there because they wanted to add lots of them not because they make sense in the grand plan of the route. for all the frustrations with a sim , the possibilities it offers are pretty much endless, in terms iof creating a much. Ore prototypical experience. there is however, a dearth of small items that make a route look like the real thing. I was encouraging Ben Dorsey to make stuff like planks , which just hardly existed on the dlc but which are a very real part of the working world. In modelligng, it's the small details that add that extra bit of realism .

Back