new 4gb video card advise sought

Just seen a review on an HP8300 supplier site where a purchaser fitted a 1050TI.

So on the basis of that should be fine, nearly all cards are backwards compatible. Just need to watch the width and length.

It would help if HP used a standard motherboard layout, always been a problem upgrading HPs.

Anything higher up the chain than a 1050TI will need an 6 or 8 pin power connector from the PSU, I doubt HPs PSU has one.

I understood the GTX 1650 had a tdp of 75 watts so didn't need an extra power supply connector. It has better performance than the older 1050 TI according to its score.

Cheerio John

I understood the GTX 1650 had a tdp of 75 watts so didn't need an extra power supply connector. It has better performance than the older 1050 TI according to its score.

Cheerio John

It does but I'm guessing the length would be less of an issue for a 1.5 slot width card but nearly all of the ones usable for TRS19 are two slot and would foul the CPU's heatsink unless very short.

Using the same supplier, There is a mini itx GTX1650 however it looks like display port / hdmi only which may be an issue with connecting to a monitor https://www.mwave.com.au/product/gi...4gb-video-card-ac23113#detailTabs=tabOverview

Thanks mate went with the GTX1050 - after I let then bank balance revive - will see how the GTX1050 goes and might go with the GTX1650 for the second unit
It does but I'm guessing the length would be less of an issue for a 1.5 slot width card but nearly all of the ones usable for TRS19 are two slot and would foul the CPU's heatsink unless very short.

Using the same supplier, There is a mini itx GTX1650 however it looks like display port / hdmi only which may be an issue with connecting to a monitor https://www.mwave.com.au/product/gi...4gb-video-card-ac23113#detailTabs=tabOverview

update \purchase a GTX1050 and in my machine it is killer on trs2019 - every thing maxed out and it runs just sweet - have not done a lot of trainz stuff through as its also a beast of a machine playing world of warships

Hi Dave. Enjoy your new config. My 1050ti looks good with TANE and WeddinNSW 3.1 :).

My recent distraction has been Witcher3, but soon to delve into TRS 2019.

Phil

Back