CDP Content

paperpusher

paperpusher
For saving CDP's for Routes and Sessions, What items/data/assets are saved in a Route and or a Session. I would like to save a route and a specific session/specific sessions for the same route. Do I just save the route and the appropriate session and the assets etc are saved at the same time.
Or is necessary to open up the dependencies for the route or session and save all the items in a new named cdp name.
I have reskinned 'train' and other assets in these sessions etc.

For saving CDP's for Routes and Sessions, What items/data/assets are saved in a Route and or a Session. I would like to save a route and a specific session/specific sessions for the same route. Do I just save the route and the appropriate session and the assets etc are saved at the same time.
Or is necessary to open up the dependencies for the route or session and save all the items in a new named cdp name.
I have reskinned 'train' and other assets in these sessions etc.

When you save a route/session to a CDP, only the route/session is saved. Dependencies will not be included.

Matt

When you save a route to a CDP, Trainz will save the identities (kuids), positions (e.g. grid co-ordinates), altitude, tilt (if appropriate), etc of all assets in the route but NOT the assets themselves. It will also save the landform (terrain) and texture data (position, rotation, scale, etc - but probably not the textures themselves) and the geographic coordinates (lat/long) of the route world marker.

When you save a session to a CDP, Trainz will save the kuid of the parent route (but not the route), the identities of any assets placed in the session (as described above), the weather and environmental settings, time of day/season of year, all the session rules and driver commands, the industry settings, consist loadings, etc.

Assets that you add to a route or session, such as locos, rolling stock, trees, buildings, track, signals, etc, etc are only ever referenced by their kuids in the saved CDP files, they are not saved as complete assets.

The method I use is: Save route and session files to one cdp.
Right click on route and view dependencies recursively. Searching recursively picks up dependencies of dependencies.
Group by status and select all modified assets
Right click and save to cdp
repeat for sessions but do not search recursively as you will get route assets as well.
cheers
Graeme

Back