Harz Narrow Gauge Railways (Harzer Schmalspurbahnen or HSB) Route?

peterwise

Steam Era Fan
Is there somewhere (anywhere) a Trainz route of the Harz Narrow Gauge Railways (Harzer Schmalspurbahnen or HSB) or there one one in progress?

I've just seen a video that shows how unique it is: it is in Germany, is still using steam traction 2-10-2, is a metre-gauge mountain railway, is conserved, not preserved (it was still working in steam mainly in the DDR and was kept alive by the community) and it is the longest operating steam railway system in the world.

Now THAT is unique!

I use TRS19, but would be happy to hear of a Harz/Harzer route in any version of Trainz in existence or in progress.

Yes, I have noticed the question in previous years, but it appears to have remained unanswered. I am sure many others would like to see it in Trainz too.

Answer in German, if necessary.

Peter.

Hi Peter,

I had two routes on TS2010/12 one a short route to the base of the Harz and the other a longer route to the top of the Brochen highest point on the Harz.
I will try and track the names down - my interest only comes about because I lived there shortly as a child before migrating to Ausralia and it is my fathers home region he was born in Goslar.

meanwhile check this route out:

http://trainz-new-mania.com/blog/2017/10/31/aubachtalbahn-750mm-schmalspurbahn-strecke/

Hi Peter,

The route I have now heavily modified by me (under my ownkuid) is
ThyratalbahnErweiterung OST it was originally for trainz 2004 or 2006 and on the"Trainz Depot" site now "TrainzDE".
I have it Tane and had to replace trees etc.

So I am not sure where it can be downloaded from now unless you find it in the “waybackmachine”

Basic descriptionof the route from original config file:

Description-de "The Thyratalbahn is a 15 km
long branch line in the south of Saxony-Anhalt, which
connects the half-timbered town of Stolberg and the towns of Rottleberode and
Uftrungen to the electrified main line Halle-Kassel.In 1890, the section
Berga-Kelbra - Rottleberode was opened The Rottleberode - Stolberg section followed
in 1923. Since 2007, the route has been used only on weekends in passenger
transport, and the remaining trains were canceled in December 2011. A large
gypsum factory and timber processing in Rottleberode are important freight
customers and should at least cover the southern section of the line Preserve
decommissioning. "

I'm sure I recall downloading the Brocken line from an external site some years ago, was quite well done too as I recall. Just tried a quick Google but looks like the site might have gone.

A mashed up Brocken Line (standard gauge, electrified) has been on my radar to do from time to time but as yet not come to anything!!

If you have MSTS or Open Rails there was a fairly comprehensive freeware Harz route created, which may still be available around the net.

One of the locos was maded by SLW, now I don't think it is available.

Don't click the link in the comments for the video, click this one instead... http://steamlocomotiveworks.eu/

The coaches in that video are by Vasquez and on the DLS as 760mm and 1m gauges.

I think there are a couple of smaller metre gauge steam locos by Gerd on the DLS.

Back