Error:VE192:Tag 'Maxsize' does not contain a valid float list: 1.2,4,4,5'smoke2.tfx

gisa

Routelayer Ordinaire...
Hi Everyone,

So I happily took the plunge and got TRS 2019. I'm trying to do some error correcting of locomotives and ran into an issue that is stumping me.

It's with flamerail's CN 2-8-2 (KUID:2:98966:1534:1). The error I'm getting is - VE192:Tag 'Maxsize' does not contain a valid float list: 1.2,4,4,5'smoke2.tfx'

I've tried looking up the error and plugging in a few different numbers but I've been unsuccessful. Has anyone else been able to fix this error?

(Side note: is there any way, while viewing my collection, to rotate the view of the locomotives there?)

Thank you in advance to anyone who reads this and can help!

Gisa ^^

Gisa -
(Side note: is there any way, while viewing my collection, to rotate the view of the locomotives there?)
You can use the excellent 3D Asset Preview facility in Content Manager (CM) on most assets, not just locomotives.
Simply click on the loco, wagon (or tree, etc.) to select it in CM and then use the Ctrl+Shift+R keyboard combo for comprehensive views of the asset in Asset Preview mode.

If that's the tag value then you need to remove the non numeric item from the list

There might be other problems such as an incorrect number of items in the list.

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:VE192

Thank you for your help. I was being silly and, in an effort to save time, went to the first maxsize container in the config which didn't have the text it was quoting. I explored more and realized there were several sections with the smoke section and found the culprit.

Gisa -
You can use the excellent 3D Asset Preview facility in Content Manager (CM) on most assets, not just locomotives.
Simply click on the loco, wagon (or tree, etc.) to select it in CM and then use the Ctrl+Shift+R keyboard combo for comprehensive views of the asset in Asset Preview mode.

Thank you for sharing this tidbit. For some broken assets, I found this didn't work but it could be handy later. I still miss the options in railyard (horn, lights, and panning) but it is what it is...

Thanks again to both for replying and for sharing tips for me. You rock!

Gisa ^^

One more thing on this.

Read the numbers carefully. Some of the values have decimals, and some people have put in commas for the decimal value - it's a European way of indicating decimals. This can cause the error because Trainz expects decimal dots and not commas.

There's also an issue where people have typo'd and put in too many decimals. 0.04.5.6, etc. instead of 0.04, 5.6, etc. You'll see what I mean. This particular error had me scratching my head for awhile as I tried to figure out what was going on.

Back