FFR Textures Bulldozed Again

boleyd

Once again FFR textures have been bulldozed into becoming faulty by some inept person somewhere, The first time this happened it was eventually corrected. Since I really like those textures for general non-turfed areas I continued to use them. I assumed once was enough. No, it wasn't, since some rogue employee once again declared them a danger to TRS19 and made them faulty. So, as before, I am deprived of not only the textures but also ALL legitimate references to them. While, in contrast to the last performance, these defunct textures can be referenced in Bulk Replacement. Unfortunately, the Bulk Transfer views them as illegitimate and will not do a mass replace.

I bought the product and it functioned as advertised. Then inept employees decided to make program changes that render some items obsolete. The end result is the loss of textures, or other assets, in existing routes. Even payware routes are not immune to this wildcat programming.

I was just getting to the point of making some complex railroad operations on the old, but functional Dremmey route - East Kentucky. I spent many hours moving it from the dark ages into TRS19 and it really looked good. Now, textures are missing all over the route, for the second time. Tony's crew may restore the "now faulty" textures but what is to prevent them from finding it easier to ruin existing assets, in the future, than code the program to accommodate them?

I could think about the DTG stuff but, that is toyland, so I have to EXPECT and ACCEPT these events. As a politician once said-SAD.

Last edited:
Which KUID's are you referring too?

Have checked all the textures I have made under TRS2019 and all are working fine. There have been a couple that were marked as payware that have now been corrected and up dated too build 3.6.

Which KUID's are you referring too?

Have checked all the textures I have made under TRS2019 and all are working fine. There have been a couple that were marked as payware that have now been corrected and up dated too build 3.6.

HALT-- I remembered a "helpful hint" on some asset and thought that it might work here. IT DID. Both textures now working.
I have no idea what happened but simply Reverting to the Original returned the assets to working status!

I have no idea what the underlying issue was. However, based on my past experience the issues was, in my mind, a disaster.
No way was I going to spend the time fixing all the places one of those textures was used only to have the probability
of another asset being made unacceptable. If I had not remembered the "trick" I was within minutes for regaining a lot of disk space!

I continue to believe that I have some exposure should certain well used assets suddenly be declared unsuitable. Using the same assets in a setting that is common through-out the route is dangerous, should that asset cease to function.

At least the experience showed I do not have a heart condition or surely I would not be writing this.

Last edited:
Back