Looking for content used by TUME

Forester1

Hi! Sorry if this is not the right forum, I wasn't sure where... If anyone is familiar with TUME's early work on the Milwaukee Road between Othello and Ellensburg Washington, USA (Videos on Youtube called "Boxcabs through the Saddle Mountains":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfQFdp9epS0 )

I am wanting to do some routes in the same geographical area called the "Channeled Scablands" of eastern Washington, but have been unable to match the way he models the basalt rock outcrops in the desert hills and mountains. I am unable to find really anything that looks as realistic as his basalt rock texture (or cliff spline?)or the desert texture he used. I know he was working in an earlier version of Trainz than the T:ANE SP3 I have. Of course the video is not really sharp by today's standards, which makes it tough. TUME himself seems to have sort of "gone to ground", and I have not seen anything new in his freeware thread for probably a year (He was working from Drexel, MT toward Harlowtown, MT), nor did my pm query get a response.

No one may have this route because I don't think he ever released it. But if anyone could clue me in on what he used for those mountains, I would be very grateful, especially if anyone could point to T:ANE equivalents. Most textures I have tried have been basalt that is black instead of brown (maybe reskin, but then it is not DLS), and desert with too much sagebrush or other plants.

A secondary request would be about the boxcabs he uses in the video. I don't think those came with Avery-Drexel but would love to find them both in the orange livery he has as well as the more common plain black livery. Thos are probably assets he made but may or may not have released.

Anyway, thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Back