TS12 & TANE

stouthm

Get over it
Getting ready to order a new computer and decided to clean out files and programs that I really don't use. I have TS12 on my desktop but only run TANE. If I delete TS12 will that have any effect on my running TANE? When the new computer arrives I want to put TS19 on the SSD and TANE on the hard drive. Thanks.

Saving the old installations will be fine unless you need the storage space. Sometimes one finds an asset in an old installation that is no longer available, or a least does not need to be downloaded again. There may be a route you want to run again for old times.

The most useful thing I have seen here is to take routes with things like pofig trees and do a bulk repace in TS12 and then convert it to T:ANE. It can't be done in T:ANE.....

Last edited:
If I delete TS12 will that have any effect on my running TANE?

No. They are entirely separate installations.

If you can currently double click a .cdp file and get it automatically loaded into TS12 then obviously that will stop working.

If you can currently double click a .cdp file and get it automatically loaded into TS12 then obviously that will stop working.

Which is another way of saying that you may need to change the default program used to open .cdp files (if installing TANE does not do that automatically for you).

Back