Feedback on build 101618 please

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
When things go quiet it tends to mean everyone is busy enjoying Trainz without any problems.

It would be great to hear your comments on the status of the latest beta build.

Are you having any issues?

Are there any items preventing us from releasing the official update?

Well we have the blurries as we talked about.

We still cannot create a session in a less than v4.5 route with out having to create a new roue with our KUID. To me and many others who write sessions really need this fixed. I can not edit an existing session in a less than 4.5 route either, as it wants to save a new route also.

Other than that I am busily working on my route and writing sessions for the newer routes. Having a lot of fun with the new PBR and Turftx items. Being able to switch from driver to editor and back is also very nice. Once you get used to using these items it is very welcomed.

Although QA have identified the probable cause of the Arrow issue here, it has not solved all of them for others and replacing items is not an option for builtin routes. Also am getting the same issue on most UK semaphore signals in that the the names are sticking after removing the mouse.

The blurry problem needs fixing as it's unusable for anything much in this state and IMO not fit for release, waiting 4 minutes + for things to get in focus only to have them go out of focus immediately you move the camera is not good and will get numerous complaints. It is no where near as good as 10464, no point in trying to use the new features when confronted with stuck arrows and names and everything going out of focus all the time. 17 - 6700K 16GB of DDR4 a GTX1080TI and SSDs is and should be more than capable of running TRS19 without it looking worse than Doom 1 Graphics.

Sorry if this seems a bit blunt but release this and you will get some serious flack off subscribers!

kuid:-10:195 3dtcar Builtin

This has probably been reported many times from way back.

Has many obsolete tags.

Most importantly it is Alias Source for some 258 dependants, and it is still PM mesh.

Needs updating.

Probably should be on DLS NOT builtin.

Sorry for alarming you; I should have said "apart from the known issues raised so far" - we'll definitely be addressing textures and arrows. :)

I'm a bit confused here (particularly with JAGG's post). Are we referring to TRS19 or T:ANE SP4 RC?

Shane

101618 as stated in the thread title is TRS19 Plus Beta and this is the TRS19 Plus Beta forum, nothing to do with TANE Beta which will be in the TANE forum.

Any scenario I load immediately crashes. I'm going to install & redownload everything from fresh, I will be back in 140GBs... I think the problem was I was swapping out the beta and stable program folders, but both were looking at the same NV3GAMES folder, and swapping royally screwed the NV3GAMES folder. It may be rescueable, but I have no idea how.

Last edited:
Yea switching back and forwards will cause problems. An Extended DB repair may resolve things, but far better to keep the local data folders separate.

This is happening in 101618.

I open the UMR 2019 Base Session, I then make changes to the "Driver Setup Rule". I then Save the Session under a new name. When I run that session, the changes I made do show up in the "Driver Setup Rule", however, they are not there in game.....Am I doing something wrong or what ?

Dave

Unfortunately with it being summer time here and many things needing done outside I have had little time to test. We have a rather short warm season, making outdoor work difficult as it is and this one was a late starter due to all the rain then sudden heat.

When I have tested, I have encountered some oddities that need addressing.

1) The really, really slow load of assets on built-in and custom routes either in Surveyor or Driver. Once loaded, things are fine, but then there's that known slow texture issue.

2) The save/save_as dialog needs to be updated. A Save should not present the option to save a session or not since all that is now interwoven into one editing mode. Save_as, on the other hand, should present all options as the save does now.

3) Some issues now with portals... I need to investigate further because there was an asset update recently that might have faffed with things causing the mess up.

4) Some assertion errors I need to investigate further and report, just so little time.

5) Animated carz are "stuck" while in Surveyor, but the sound is still there. They are fine in Driver. I need to investigate whether this occurs when going in to just edit the route in Surveyor, or if coming in from the Session. I'm inclined to say that it's coming in from Surveyor directly and not the backdoor from the Session.

Yea switching back and forwards will cause problems. An Extended DB repair may resolve things, but far better to keep the local data folders separate.

Managed to get it working again by deleting my beta folder, restoring stable and updating and testing each stage ensuring it ran through the automatic database rebuild at each step without skipping a version. Phew, maybe I can start testing again as its been two or three weeks.

I also get the slow texture loads with the beta.

Untitled-1.png

Did a little testing with latest beta. I cloned the Sebino route, copied the multi user session to the clone, made some edits. At one point it offerred me to save a driver session, was a little confused as I only ever wanted it to save over the top of the existing session. I had been going to and fro with the session editor and driver modes. So I said yes to the save as I did not want to lose anything, suprisingly this resulted in a second copy of the session. I deleted the second copy (only) which also automatically deleted the original one, leaving me with no sessions which was a bit frustrating as I lost an hour's setup.

Performed an extended database repair today .

So why am i shown as an author for one of the routes in content manager that i downloaded from a third party website ? It wasn't created by me and i never uploaded anything to the download station .

This is the route that i'm talking about :

<kuid:463370:100002> Ufaley narrow-gauge railway TANE

Originally downloaded from here : https://forum.trainzup.net/showthread.php?t=4735

Last edited:
Back