TMR17 & TANE compatibility

jayg585

Im looking to purchase TANE platinum edition. Can I share the content from my TMR17 with TANE. I created several routes and was wondering if i can use them in TANE.

Im looking to purchase TANE platinum edition. Can I share the content from my TMR17 with TANE. I created several routes and was wondering if i can use them in TANE.

Probably, but... I have both and in my view TMR17 is much the same as TANE except it focuses on tabletop routes. The problem may be assets that are built into TMR17 and not built-in, or otherwise available, in TANE. If there is a particular route that is in TMR17 that you like then let me know and I will check it out.

You may want to consider TS19. Philskene, who makes tabletop routes, has a new route called "The Innter Kohn Necktion Railroad" that is TS19 only.

Probably, but... I have both and in my view TMR17 is much the same as TANE except it focuses on tabletop routes. The problem may be assets that are built into TMR17 and not built-in, or otherwise available, in TANE. If there is a particular route that is in TMR17 that you like then let me know and I will check it out.

You may want to consider TS19. Philskene, who makes tabletop routes, has a new route called "The Innter Kohn Necktion Railroad" that is TS19 only.

Are you saying there are tabletop routes available in TS19?

TMR is trainzbuild 4.4
TANE SP3 is trainzbuild 4.5 (so you can update to SP3 if necessary).
TRS19 is trainzbuild 4.6

You can use the vast majority of stuff from lower numbers in higher numbered versions, but you cannot use them the other way around.

Digholes (the technique used to make holes in the "terrain") work a little differently in each version but pretty much the same.

Whether your choose TANE or TRS19, you need to install the TMR builtin routes first, then import your own "modified" content. Do not try to import builtin content directly (it won't work).

As pointed out, there are already additional TRS19 only "model" routes available so you have access to more content in TRS19.

Are you saying there are tabletop routes available in TS19?

A quick survey of the Trainz store suggests there are five payware tabletop routes that are TS19 compatible. Phil has many other routes on the DLS that may be compatible or may need minor work to make them work. Some may be in TMR17 - I didn't check.

TS19, like many other Trainz versions, has a base functionality and N3V just offer different packages of routes. But you can buy additional routes and other assets such as locos.

Hi Jay --

"Are you saying there are tabletop routes available in TS19?"

Damn right there are.

Do an Advanced Search of the Forums, thus:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltb01asfnaalher/Advanced Search.jpg?dl=0

You will find, for example:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...S19-model-railroad-layout-The-Lilliput-Logger

and:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?148885-New-TRS19-layout-the-Phootnote-amp-Fourword

And several more for TRS19.

Phil

Thanks for all the info but it looks like I will have to stick with TANE with DLC from TMR17 as my computer isnt compatible to run TRS19. I will for sure be looking into your created uploaded content. You do great work!

Back