New Nvidia Cards announced

clam1952

Welsh Narrow Gauge nut.
Are these the "super" models that were announced three months ago? Or, are these the SUPER "super" model GPUs?

These are up-rated Turing cards cynically launched by nVidia to compete on price and performance with the about-to-released AMD RX 5700 and RX 5700 XT (Navi) graphics cards.
The best bit about these 'Super' cards is that - with the exception of the RTX 2060 Super - they are replacing the existing cards at the SAME MRP.
i.e. a 15 to 25% graphics performance gain for the same price, which will suit many who were waiting for RTX version II cards. :cool:

So there'll be an RTX 2070 card if I want to upgrade from my GTX 1070? What sort of price tag would be expected for that level of card?

Paul

Why is Trainz Sim not listed with NVIDIA as a supported game in the GPU world???

Hello all,

Near the beginning of this year, I purchased an ASUS Laptop, GL703GE, with GTX 1050 Ti card, 4VRam ,ROG type, replaces my HP Envy Intel Integrated Card setup, running M-1, M2 type pure SSD HD's, 32 GIG Ram, maxed to what this Board model of ROG Laptop supports.

Now the difference from HP Integrated to what I have now, with quick RAM HD memory and GPU operations is a day over night difference from my last Laptop which had minimal HDD setup and very poor GPU performance.

The question I pose here, if I may?

When I do my on demand automated GPU Driver updates with NVIDIA, for example to this Version that showed up tonight when I logged into my Computer.

NVIDIA like any company boasts about how many games it supports. For pure graphic experience, sadly I do not find Trainz in this list (see link below) , I do find "Railway Empire" supported, of which I am not familiar with, and thought I would find Trainz in here too, as a supported Game Program, it is a Simulator too of sorts, like many of the other games listed in this Link

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/games/#freestyle.html

So I am a bit baffled as to why Trainz isn't in the list.....

Would any of you know why we are not listed as a Supported Game in NVIDIA?

paulsw2 - No, the RTX 2070 is being phased out and is replaced by the 2nd generation (and much more potent) RTX 2070 Super card.
Performance is much closer to the current - and also about to be phased out - RTX 2080.
Independent reviews show the gaming performance of the new RTX 2070 Super to be better than the excellent, previous gen. GTX 1080Ti in many scenarios.
Leaves the 1080Ti for dead of course, when ray tracing and DLSS are present in games, which are slowly becoming more available.

Edit update: nVidia have also released new 'game-ready' drivers (Ver 431.36) for all of their most recent graphics cards - including support for the new Super series.
Older cards will benefit from the additional bug fixes and better DirectX 12 handling that these drivers bring to the table.

Last edited:
Back