TRS19 100240

"Populating default drivers, please wait..."

Any idea how long I should wait? It has been 30 minutes so far. :(

Now it's been about an hour... :( :(

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Now is has been about two hours... :(:(:(

Guess the game is broke... <sigh>.

Last edited:
By now you must have run out patience and close/exit the whole thing. Now, can you try again? Does it do the same? How many drivers you have?

By now you must have run out patience and close/exit the whole thing. Now, can you try again? Does it do the same? How many drivers you have?

Remember," all things come to those that wait " ... but they never put a time frame on the statement.....

There is a bug (or a limitation) in the Driver Setup rule that will cause this (or a similar) problem if there are too many drivers in the rule. Exactly how many drivers are "too many" depends on many factors (one of which may possibly be the phase of the moon).

The workaround is to split the drivers between two copies of the rule with the second copy as a child of a wait rule set for a delay of a few seconds.

Your problem, of course, may be totally unrelated to this.

The workaround is to split the drivers between two copies of the rule with the second copy as a child of a wait rule set for a delay of a few seconds.

Is it possible that you may give a little instruction for dummies how to do this exactly?

Thank you very much in advance.

I am putting my daily downloads of rolling stock into a large yard, that's why I often encounter this problem.

Regards
Swordfish

Not with my Trainz computer at the moment so I am unable to supply screen shots, but (from memory) ...

If the Driver Setup Rule is loading in Surveyor ok (but causing problems in Driver) then

1. add a Wait rule into the Session list at the first (left margin) level but after the current Driver Setup rule. Set it to a delay of a few seconds.
  2. add a second copy of the Driver Setup Rule as a child rule (indented) of the Wait rule.
  3. transfer about half the drivers from the first copy of the Driver Setup to the second.

If, as Norm seems to be experiencing, the Driver Setup rule is not opening in Surveyor, then you may have to delete the rule first, then follow the steps above but starting from scratch with the drivers, unfortunately.

EDIT: Now at my Trainz computer.

Driver-Setup-Split.png

Last edited:
Back